Check your account email address ×

Prepare For More “Russian” Pipeline Sabotage

22 hours ago, spin_dry said:

The only benefactor in blowing up the pipes is Putin. The pipelines weren't producing revenue and the breach of contract for failing to deliver the promised gas was costing him billions ever since he demanded rubles for gas. When and if the pipes ever are used again it'll be a couple billion for repair. Probably far less. Blowing up the pipes is a win win for Putin. There's no downside 

I am not sure it is a question of motive but rather who could pull this off. The most likely is the SSN 23 Jimmy Carter the boat is purpose built for these kind of actions. I would say the Swedish Gotlib class could pull this off and maybe the British Astute class. I am not sure the Russians could pull this off without detection with the subs they have. The Russians could have used a pipe pig but even that would be tough to do without detection. 

4 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I am not sure it is a question of motive but rather who could pull this off. The most likely is the SSN 23 Jimmy Carter the boat is purpose built for these kind of actions. I would say the Swedish Gotlib class could pull this off and maybe the British Astute class. I am not sure the Russians could pull this off without detection with the subs they have. The Russians could have used a pipe pig but even that would be tough to do without detection. 

:pc:

2 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

The Russians were in the area with surface ships and submarines. So you are correct. They were detected. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/energy-environment/russian-ships-observed-near-explosions-nord-stream-pipeline-leaks

1 minute ago, toslow said:

Putin stopped the delivery of NG through Nord 1 at the end of august. He announced it was stopped indefinitely which places Russia in breach of contract to the EU. Nord 2 was only completed earlier this year and hasn’t delivered any NG before the sanctions. The pipes are almost 750 miles long and large in diameter. so what’s bubbling out is what’s left in the pipelines.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Putin stopped the delivery of NG through Nord 1 at the end of august. He announced it was stopped indefinitely which places Russia in breach of contract to the EU. Nord 2 was only completed earlier this year and hasn’t delivered any NG before the sanctions. The pipes are almost 750 miles long and large in diameter. so what’s bubbling out is what’s left in the pipelines.  

Hmm, so I guess it makes sense for putin to destroy pipelines he controls?  Wow, genius, 5d chess.

Edited by racer254

Just now, racer254 said:

Hmm, so I guess it makes sense for putin to destroy pipelines he controls?  Wow, genius.

Russia has 51% share of the pipelines. It’s facing billions of dollars in breach of contract for not adhering to the guidelines of the contractual agreement with banks and the EU. 

The Colonel everybody hates to listen to says polls in Germany say Germans dont believe the Russians sabotaged the pipeline and dont want any war with Russia. 

Also heard that Russia is mobilizing 1.2 million troops, not just another 300k... Lets see how the media spins this.

Edited by Anler
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

They’re shut down. There’s no income coming from either. Nord 2 hasn’t pumped one atom of NG….ever. 

You’re a literal moron of epic proportions 

15 minutes ago, Anler said:

The Colonel everybody hates to listen to says polls in Germany say Germans dont believe the Russians sabotaged the pipeline and dont want any war with Russia. 

Also heard that Russia is mobilizing 1.2 million troops, not just another 300k... Lets see how the media spins this.

He was the guy that was laughing at the notion that Ukraine was going to run Russia out within a week or two like the news was saying 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ACE said:

He was the guy that was laughing at the notion that Ukraine was going to run Russia out within a week or two like the news was saying 

8 months later... Eastern Ukraine is now Russia LOL

10 minutes ago, ACE said:

He’s the guy that said Russia would roll over Ukraine. Here it is, almost 8 months later and Russia is losing annexed land by the hour. :lol:  

13 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

He’s the guy that said Russia would roll over Ukraine. Here it is, almost 8 months later and Russia is losing annexed land by the hour. :lol:  

That’s not what he said dang I’m surprised youd lie like that oh wait nobody is