Check your account email address ×

Fall Photos and videos thread

ckf

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

North rim of the Grand Canyon in the top pic. 

Shafer’s Trail as viewed from the lookout point above it, in Canyonlands National Park, in the second picture. Wife and I drove up that trail in our rental Jeep Rubicon. 1500 ft vertical climb. If you look closely, that’s a Dodge Ram pickup coming up it in the picture. He’s about half way up. Trail is just barely wide enough for one vehicle at most points. No guardrails or anything else to save you. 

754A9EB5-639F-45FD-8B0D-B951A5720DDC.jpeg

Nice 👍 I’d definitely be a little puckered up driving that lol. I’d love to rent a jeep and do that someday looks like fun and can’t beat those views.

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Nice pic! How did you like the Jeep?

I’m not a Jeep guy but it was the way to go out there. Enclosed cab, A/C, street legal and cheaper than a rental SXS. This one was one of their “mildly” modified rentals. 2” lift, 35” tires and an aftermarket front sway bar to get the pos disconnect able factory bar off it. It only had the turbo 4 and 8 speed but it worked great and had all the power I needed to get me into an enough situations that I wasn’t comfortable in, that’s for sure lol. 

Now that I’ve actually used one, in one of the off road mecas of the country, I LAUGH at all of them I see driving around daily on the pavement here at home. Jeep done roped so many wanna bes in with these things. They are plenty capable stock and with just the few mods this one had, all most anyone needs for wheeling out there on the rocks and desert roads. Can’t wait to go back and do it again. I have a ton of off road experience here at home but it pails in comparison to wheeling out there, for sure.  

32B095A9-86C7-4391-97BE-C8C53199D6ED.jpeg

EB0B09FD-7832-4337-823F-E8E5C837C28D.jpeg

F745A509-C6B4-4550-A247-88B0E93509AD.jpeg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Nice 👍 I’d definitely be a little puckered up driving that lol. I’d love to rent a jeep and do that someday looks like fun and can’t beat those views.

Never knew I had a fear of heights until I went out there. About 3/4 of the way up that trail, I’d had enough and wanted out. Wife was on the down hill side most of the time, screaming her head off. That didn’t help either. 

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Never knew I had a fear of heights until I went out there. About 3/4 of the way up that trail, I’d had enough and wanted out. Wife was on the down hill side most of the time, screaming her head off. That didn’t help either. 

I mean if you aren’t at least a little terrified going up or down something like that you’re crazy 😂 one wrong move and you’re in for a long tumble down.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I mean if you aren’t at least a little terrified going up or down something like that you’re crazy 😂 one wrong move and you’re in for a long tumble down.

Yeah well, that trail is marked beginner on all of the trail guides out there so, there’s that. They have one like that but on the slick rock cliffs, that high up. F that. I’m good. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...