Check your account email address ×

Market Watchers

Crnr2Crnr

6 hours ago, f7ben said:

I’m probably way low 

$3,830,000.00.  that even surprised me. I did the same thing with Apple stock, invest 25,000 in January 1, 1980, by August 31, 2022, over $157,120,000.00.  Man I get into this business way too late lol

EDIT:  I posted this originally from my phone, just noticed on the screen that I plugged in $100,000. instead of $25,000.  I guess you'd only have around $40,000,000  :lol: 

9FC840BD-48A9-41CA-831A-EBE519542EF0.jpeg

2BE75E06-E07E-4477-B857-45EFE6776094.jpeg

Edited by DriftBusta

58 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Both of you.  😄  :bc: .  Part of the ongoing education we have to do is to wade through countless opinions and find consensus.  I’m not reading anything that is forecasting a 25k Dow.  I remember in the training one of the classes was a whole bunch of newspaper headlines and we had to guess when they were printed.  Point being there has been doom and gloom predictions since the market began.  Employment and consumer spending is still strong, which we did not have back in 08-09.  We eventually had to get back to normal interest rates, the days of free money seem to be over.  Klaus Schwab said we weren’t going to need any $ anyways  😆

one thing different in today's market unlike markets of the past is the vast increase in weekly passive purchasing ala the 401k/IRA.  most (let's be honest here 98.3%) rarely if ever move funds around to low risk when markets are high.  would be interesting to see a # or % of the passively blind in the markets in the US.  this stated there are several people I know who make boatloads more $ than I that piss and moan everytime the market corrects and they look at their quarterly statements yet make no effort to protect their gains or minimize their losses.  the Fed has and will continue to backstop Wall Street BECAUSE of the 401k and because Wall Street makes so much profit due to this passive investing it has a vested interest in keeping markets healthy.  what we saw from 2020 until January was not a normal, healthy market.

Fwiw I purchase one long term  share of each of my favorite funds around the 15th of every month with E-Trade.  Dollar averaging over a few decades has been great for my returns.  This is totally aside from 401k and other investment vehicles.

If you want to see riots in the streets, let the Fed allow a crash in the markets and wipe out people's most common retirement funds.  

Here's my financial advisor... 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

$3,830,000.00.  that even surprised me. I did the same thing with Apple stock, invest 25,000 in January 1, 1980, by August 31, 2022, over $157,120,000.00.  Man I get into this business way too late lol

9FC840BD-48A9-41CA-831A-EBE519542EF0.jpeg

2BE75E06-E07E-4477-B857-45EFE6776094.jpeg

There are new Apples being created everyday! (Let me know when you find one)

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

one thing different in today's market unlike markets of the past is the vast increase in weekly passive purchasing ala the 401k/IRA.  most (let's be honest here 98.3%) rarely if ever move funds around to low risk when markets are high.  would be interesting to see a # or % of the passively blind in the markets in the US.  this stated there are several people I know who make boatloads more $ than I that piss and moan everytime the market corrects and they look at their quarterly statements yet make no effort to protect their gains or minimize their losses.  the Fed has and will continue to backstop Wall Street BECAUSE of the 401k and because Wall Street makes so much profit due to this passive investing it has a vested interest in keeping markets healthy.  what we saw from 2020 until January was not a normal, healthy market.

Fwiw I purchase one long term  share of each of my favorite funds around the 15th of every month with E-Trade.  Dollar averaging over a few decades has been great for my returns.  This is totally aside from 401k and other investment vehicles.

If you want to see riots in the streets, let the Fed allow a crash in the markets and wipe out people's most common retirement funds.  

Here's my financial advisor... 

I can’t disagree with any of that. It’s times like these that I want to strangle my ex-wife who took me to the cleaners 20 years ago, right about the same time I bought a company that turned out to be a shitty investment Between both of those events I lost well over 1 million bucks. Thankfully I am in a job now that is allowing me to park a boat load and invest it using some of the best guidance available. Time in the market has proven to be a winning formula for over 100 years, and dollar cost averaging is a great way to hedge your bets like you are doing.  

2 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Ooof. I guess that’s a $3.8 million question right?  Dont we all wish!  😆 One of the guys who helped train me and my “mentor”, is a 30 year veteran in the business. He keeps a crystal ball on his desk he pulls out whenever someone ask him a question like that.😆

46 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Ooof. I guess that’s a $3.8 million question right?  Dont we all wish!  😆 One of the guys who helped train me and my “mentor”, is a 30 year veteran in the business. He keeps a crystal ball on his desk he pulls out whenever someone ask him a question like that.😆

crYPt0 

:lmao:

The old man didn't have even that much spare change, but did pretty good riding mutual funds until he tipped over 8 years ago.  My mom was basically set, she'll never spend what she has, unless major health issues arise, and she already told us to "take her out to pasture".

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 9/16/2022 at 3:04 PM, akvanden said:

No there is not.....not even close.   

Just now, Pete said:

The lefts policies are what put us here. Sorry that hurts your pussy

which 2009-2022 federal reserve policy are you talking about? 

which $20T in stimulus policy are you talking about?

dimwit

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dimwit

3 hours ago, Pete said:

STFU you annoying piece of shit.. 

don’t like getting your nose rubbed in your own retardation eh you low low piece of fucking shit :lol: 

Edited by f7ben
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, akvanden said:

You have a Time Machine? Even if it’s not close, please do tell what tech/industry I should invest in today that will pay off in 30/40 years. 

I'm simply saying that Apple has the largest market cap of any company in the world....those don't happen every day as your claim.