Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

7 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I will not and don't have a dog in the fight.  I just like poking holes in arguments.

then use the proper emoji for chrissakes....  :poke:

I'm surprised our resident forum fact fabricator doesn't have constant issues with cooling. When my young nephew rides the R-XC at a constant 15 mph it definitely gets toasty.

I doubt those deflectors even do any deflecting at those speeds, let alone cooling.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

he didn't test shit... and they drop the temp twenty degrees?   c'mon man... that's some glue sniffing crazy shit.    I'm not this polite to my friends, who aren't fabricators or outright liars.  

the person making the claim is dead wrong and can provide zero evidence of said claim.  I can claim from firsthand experience they don't aid in cooling the sled.   but seriously... maybe the snow in Minnesota is different than it is in Wisconsin.  I'm encouraging you to perform your own testing and validation.  :)

when substantial amounts of snow that hits the snow flap falls back onto the top of track it reaches the upper and front cooler... in theory.   

that's probably some made up internet bullshit too though... 9_9

Right, so "in theory" since tunnel flares are also designed to deflect snow..

Snow conditions vary by the hour, certainly in different states as well with different amounts of snow, traffic, different grooming, and different snow itself.  Your one day of testing only proves they didn't make a difference for you on that day on that machine on those trails at that time with your riding style.  That's it.

You haven't presented any other facts in this case to disprove his claims.   Name calling and sarcasm doesn't win debates.

Here is more people experimenting with tunnel flares to help with cooling.  It's interesting the productive discussion that can happen when people don't act like rabid dog packs.  https://www.arcticchat.com/threads/tunnel-flares.480537/

7 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Right, so "in theory" since tunnel flares are also designed to deflect snow..

Snow conditions vary by the hour, certainly in different states as well with different amounts of snow, traffic, different grooming, and different snow itself.  Your one day of testing only proves they didn't make a difference for you on that day on that machine on those trails at that time with your riding style.  That's it.

You haven't presented any other facts in this case to disprove his claims.   Name calling and sarcasm doesn't win debates.

Here is more people experimenting with tunnel flares to help with cooling.  It's interesting the productive discussion that can happen when people don't act like rabid dog packs.  https://www.arcticchat.com/threads/tunnel-flares.480537/

nice, but I already posted his... maybe try back reading a bit

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/topic/52092-2024-arctic-cat-catalyst-chassis-details/&do=findComment&comment=1732262

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/topic/52092-2024-arctic-cat-catalyst-chassis-details/&do=findComment&comment=1732961

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/topic/52092-2024-arctic-cat-catalyst-chassis-details/&do=findComment&comment=1733063

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/topic/52092-2024-arctic-cat-catalyst-chassis-details/&do=findComment&comment=1733087

why doesn't BRP... the KING of accessories sell them, and then Polaris copy them?

if it's a financial thing to try them I can lend you the $... at 18%

they don't aid in cooling... ;)

1 hour ago, Premium said:

What sled did they allocate the SOTY honors to then?

SOTY doesn't normally come out until mid-late April... idk wtf they're on about?

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm not back reading your dribble.  If you have factual evidence that shows none of the snow that they deflect can possibly end up back in the track or tunnel area, I will certainly listen to it.

As far as your other questions.. again, be better.  Skidoo not offering tunnel flares for skidoo snowmobiles which may or may not have cooling issues or snow spray issues means absolutely zero to me and is not even close to proving anything about an issue with an Arctic Cat brand snowmobile.  You're getting worse with every post, just stop.

Again, not putting crap on my snowmobile because there's nothing wrong with my snowmobile.  And because I don't actually care.  I just want you to be better.  If you can't actually disprove a claim then you're better off not making proclamations of fact that you can't back up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Premium said:

What sled did they allocate the SOTY honors to then?

Since they're sponsored by skidoo and Polaris, I'd assume one of them.  Since not much new with Polaris I'd guess a skidoo, maybe the meth turbo, is that new?

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

I'm not back reading your dribble.  If you have factual evidence that shows none of the snow that they deflect can possibly end up back in the track or tunnel area, I will certainly listen to it.

As far as your other questions.. again, be better.  Skidoo not offering tunnel flares for skidoo snowmobiles which may or may not have cooling issues or snow spray issues means absolutely zero to me and is not even close to proving anything about an issue with an Arctic Cat brand snowmobile.  You're getting worse with every post, just stop.

Again, not putting crap on my snowmobile because there's nothing wrong with my snowmobile.  And because I don't actually care.  I just want you to be better.  If you can't actually disprove a claim then you're better off not making proclamations of fact that you can't back up.

twenty degrees worth of it... :roflcrying:

i've done my own testing... you do your own 

2 hours ago, Premium said:

I'm surprised our resident forum fact fabricator doesn't have constant issues with cooling. When my young nephew rides the R-XC at a constant 15 mph it definitely gets toasty.

I doubt those deflectors even do any deflecting at those speeds, let alone cooling.

I have a custom vent now in my garbage truck that draws in more air. It works like the hood vents on an old muscle car to draw more air in. They are back to building them like they use to. 

IMG_4283.jpeg

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I have a custom vent now in my garbage truck that draws in more air. It works like the hood vents on an old muscle car to draw more air in. They are back to building them like they use to. 

IMG_4283.jpeg

That looks amazingly familiar.  At least your bumper rivets are still holding.

24 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

IMG_4283.jpeg

Maybe that new clutch spring isn't as good for launching it in reverse from the bed of the truck? 

8 minutes ago, favoritos said:

That looks amazingly familiar.  At least your bumper rivets are still holding.

For sure it bolted back on. The pc flaps would rip and then you were screwed 

Maybe that new clutch spring isn't as good for launching it in reverse from the bed of the truck? 

Na. It is rusty and trusty. 

IMG_4284.jpeg

• Sad 1

:wtf:

I guess it’s from the upper an arm bushings. It’s on both sides. It started doing that after the 4th or 5th time I road it. I might take it apart and grease them. However it might be easier to spray some fogging oil in there. I have seen some other people post about that issue 

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

So you are saying, that you believe that jimwit went out for a test ride, came home put the flairs on, went for another ride in the exact same conditions, riding the exact same way, and his sled ran 25 degrees cooler....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, krom said:

So you are saying, that you believe that jimwit went out for a test ride, came home put the flairs on, went for another ride in the exact same conditions, riding the exact same way, and his sled ran 25 degrees cooler....

His dealer hopped in a helicopter and made an immediate trip to install them. Free of charge to 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

Snow hits the flare. Some is deflected into the track, which gets tossed into the tunnel. Some snow hits the top of the track and gets pushed up into said tunnel. Yes, it aids in cooling, beyond what CR? What ever he calls himself. I have left my scratchers down in powder snow, and it caused it to bridge the cooler and began running warm as well. Pro Cross.

19 minutes ago, krom said:

Maybe his sled ran 25 degrees cooler, maybe it didn't.  If it did, maybe it had something to do with the flares and maybe it didn't.  I wasn't there.  

I am not really commenting on that claim I am commenting on weak arguments against it that don't hold water.  I'm fine if you want to be skeptical, I'm usually skeptical of claims especially if they come from the media, politicians, or Polaris.

Claim was made on shit a/b testing.  Would have more credibility to just saw he believed they did because cat made them.  Either way an idiotic claim of 25 f is a lie or sheer stupidity.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Snow hits the flare. Some is deflected into the track, which gets tossed into the tunnel. Some snow hits the top of the track and gets pushed up into said tunnel. Yes, it aids in cooling, beyond what CR? What ever he calls himself. I have left my scratchers down in powder snow, and it caused it to bridge the cooler and began running warm as well. Pro Cross.

I doubt much if any snow hits the track off of the flare. The way they mount even makes it scientifically hard for it to happen. @favoritos setup on the achat post would for sure direct way more snow towards the track than the cat ones ever will, which makes sense because that’s not what the cat ones are designed for.

I have 2 limiteds in the family that came stock with flares and both of them get hot in the same conditions my RR or RXC procross’s would. Your back stays drier on the LTDs though which is once again what the flares are designed for

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I doubt much if any snow hits the track off of the flare. The way they mount even makes it scientifically hard for it to happen. @favoritos setup on the achat post would for sure direct way more snow towards the track than the cat ones ever will, which makes sense because that’s not what the cat ones are designed for.

I have 2 limiteds in the family that came stock with flares and both of them get hot in the same conditions my RR or RXC procross’s would. Your back stays drier on the LTDs though which is once again what the flares are designed for

They won’t they are to high up. If you look at a catalyst snow flap vs a procross someone put some time into that thing. It will have the snow bounce off of it and get picked up by the rear track lugs. 

• Like 4