Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

35 minutes ago, mnstang said:

If you guys want to fix your cooling issues cut a frickin hole in your hoods and put some fins on your cylinders like real men 

I am gonna put speed vents in the hood like the old jags. The catalyst lacks cool hood vents 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I am gonna put speed vents in the hood like the old jags. The catalyst lacks cool hood vents 

Johnny Moe! Parental Rape at its finest!

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Remember, random holes are better then a pattern.

I will hole saw and drill bunch of random ones in the hood and in the air box. Then use duct tape to get the perfect flow like it’s a mid 90s zr 

Just now, Not greg b said:

You ain’t cool until you pee your pants and install this. 

IMG_4223.jpeg

I was gonna say none of that frogzkin bullshit, run the metal mesh ones or nothing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Palu49 said:

I was gonna say none of that frogzkin bullshit, run the metal mesh ones or nothing.

F frog skins. Raw dog randoms with steel mesh and large holes 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I will hole saw and drill bunch of random ones in the hood and in the air box. Then use duct tape to get the perfect flow like it’s a mid 90s zr 

Good call.  Don't want the air recognizing a pattern.  It is sneaky and sketchy like that.

4 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

You ain’t cool until you pee your pants and install this. 

IMG_4223.jpeg

I found a new set of those when we were moving.  Think I sold them at Princeton.

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Good call.  Don't want the air recognizing a pattern.  It is sneaky and sketchy like that.

I found a new set of those when we were moving.  Think I sold them at Princeton.

I ran a green set in one sled and orange set in the next one. Had the matching running board treads to match 

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

The first year of ownership was a bit of a struggle as there were so many service bulletins ... not all were super important, but they existed.  My '03 was a pretty damn good sled after the initial month or two, from what I can remember.  After that, the only major complaint I had was it got hot way too f'ing easy compared to the other sleds in our group.  It was over 20 years ago though, and I may just be repressing some of the first year ownership memories :lolz:

I will say though, the sled lived up to the hype when it came to straight line racing - especially after getting the clutching set up.  It was the first clutch kit I ever bought for a sled ... ODS Dan kit :thumbsup:

Halfway on the topic of F7s and cooling

Do people not run into each other at road crossings anymore? I feel like back in the day we used to replace ZR tail lights and crack firecat rear coolers from hitting each other almost every time we rode as a big group.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I ran a green set in one sled and orange set in the next one. Had the matching running board treads to match 

I’ll raise you green treads, orange vents and a grip n rip tank tamer on my 2000 ZR 700. And yellow accessory belly pan, skis and loops, vents, rear bumper/trim, shock covers, bar cover and windshield on my 99 670 HO 

IMG_3453.jpeg

Edited by Palu49

10 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I’ll raise you green treads, orange vents and a grip n rip tank tamer on my 2000 ZR 700. And yellow accessory belly pan, skis and loops, vents, rear bumper/trim, shock covers, bar cover and windshield on my 99 670 HO 

IMG_3453.jpeg

Well sheet. My zr of that era I had orange hood vents, orang boards, orange snow flap. What was the tank tamer? I don’t remember those. I remember everyone bitching about the 2000 13.5 gas tank being a nut buster worse than people bitch about the catalyst seat 

26 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Do people not run into each other at road crossings anymore? I feel like back in the day we used to replace ZR tail lights and crack firecat rear coolers from hitting each other almost every time we rode as a big group.

Stuff the flap up into the tunnel with your ski, play kill switch tag, see if you could fill someones helmet with roost at road crossings.

Play chicken by racing towards a fence opening that wasn't wide enough for two sleds

of course it wasn't $100+ for a flap, or a tail light lens either...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Well sheet. My zr of that era I had orange hood vents, orang boards, orange snow flap. What was the tank tamer? I don’t remember those. I remember everyone bitching about the 2000 13.5 gas tank being a nut buster worse than people bitch about the catalyst seat 

You can kind of see it in that pic. They were vinyl bras that went over the black plastic tank so it matched the seat all the way to the cowl 

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

So you rode the sled that day, installed the flares, rode it again, and the temp was 25 degrees less after the install?

It would take him a day to do the install.

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Could it be the trails got chewed up as the day went on and allowed more snow to be thrown around as you rode?

And it was warm the day before, froze at night and warmed up during the day.  SUPER common to run lower temps in the afternoon.  If he actually rode more than 15mph he'd know that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, krom said:

Stuff the flap up into the tunnel with your ski, play kill switch tag, see if you could fill someones helmet with roost at road crossings.

Play chicken by racing towards a fence opening that wasn't wide enough for two sleds

of course it wasn't $100+ for a flap, or a tail light lens either...

Zr6000 did not approve of any of those games when I talked about them a while ago. The ski up the tunnel is a good one. The setting the ski on the hood game is fun to 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

IMG_3453.jpeg

My 00 Sno Pro had blue C&A's on it, a 1 off blue hood bra, and the fuel levels drawn on the tank.

I was such a degenerate on that sled.

#baller

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

You know that use to happen a lot back in the day. It’s been a while since someone in the group has been ass packed hard enough to brake parts. The last good one I saw was when me and my cousin were driving over trees off trail in waist deep snow and popped out on the trail some how. The group of sleds coming towards was my dad, brother and some other friends. We didn’t know that was them coming up. My dad stopped to talk to us and my little brother wasn’t paying attention and ass packed the rear of our XC and there was skidoo xp body parts flying everywhere. He goes “whoopsie” and we all about died laughing when he said that. It didn’t hurt that old ass dragger but screwed that xp up pretty good. I am pretty sure that was the same trip my cousin was riding wheelie through the rock garden in my front yard and blew the belly pan out of his xp. We go you know there are big rocks there. 

10 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

There is more to it than knocking snow chunks off your back. Way over your head, but if you dig deep. Real Fucking Deep! More snow= more cooling. Not fairy dust. Use a brain cell, if one exists. 

you can repeat it here or in your pea brain as many times as you like, but they don't deflect snow or ice back onto the track or into the skid or aid in cooling.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952f7kv0e3g6i8khqmxgf

9 hours ago, Not greg b said:

you only need to add roost deflectors to the back of your tunnel ... and problem solved.  I read it here on FS 

9_9

14 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you can repeat it here or in your pea brain as many times as you like, but they don't deflect snow or ice back onto the track or into the skid or aid in cooling.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952f7kv0e3g6i8khqmxgf

you only need to add roost deflectors to the back of your tunnel ... and problem solved.  I read it here on FS 

9_9

I dont have to repeat it. They just work. You can claim it does not all you want, but I have validated it. Not pixy dust like you claim. Get off the smoke. Too late, but a mind is a terrible thing to have wasted. 

8 hours ago, Not greg b said:

You know that use to happen a lot back in the day. It’s been a while since someone in the group has been ass packed hard enough to brake parts. The last good one I saw was when me and my cousin were driving over trees off trail in waist deep snow and popped out on the trail some how. The group of sleds coming towards was my dad, brother and some other friends. We didn’t know that was them coming up. My dad stopped to talk to us and my little brother wasn’t paying attention and ass packed the rear of our XC and there was skidoo xp body parts flying everywhere. He goes “whoopsie” and we all about died laughing when he said that. It didn’t hurt that old ass dragger but screwed that xp up pretty good. I am pretty sure that was the same trip my cousin was riding wheelie through the rock garden in my front yard and blew the belly pan out of his xp. We go you know there are big rocks there. 

Actually I guess it still isn’t all too uncommon because I happen to know when they raised the suspension up on the procross in 21’ an XP chassis spindle would fit right under the back of it in a side swipe/rear ending scenario and not hit anything until it got up to the tunnel/bulkhead/chassis a frame seam and then wreak havoc. I also learned if you get rear ended on a snow machine by your fiance (girlfriend at the time) it’s your fault somehow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I dont have to repeat it. They just work. You can claim it does not all you want, but I have validated it. Not pixy dust like you claim. Get off the smoke. Too late, but a mind is a terrible thing to have wasted. 

can you explain how... :news:

I Installed and tested them on a sled which was constantly overheating and they made zero change in the temperatures while riding on snow.  Dropping the scratchers was the only way to get the temperature to drop.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I Installed and tested them on a sled which was constantly overheating and they made zero change in the temperatures while riding on snow.  Dropping the scratchers was the only way to get the temperature to drop.  

Well, you don't know shit! It works for me. Could care less what a whack job thinks. 

13 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Only stupid fuck between you and I is you. Amazing the difference on my 2018. 25 degrees, same day, same conditions when I installed them. 25 DEGREE"S!

:bong:  25 hits maybe!  

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

Your AB testing sucks donkey dick.  Sugar pills obviously have a great effect on you.

33 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Your testing is miles better than dinglefusses

1 minute ago, jonlafon1 said:

:bong:  25 hits maybe!  

Of crack

• Like 2