Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

I hadn't heard what Bens sled did on ice - but there was a reason HC racing chose a procross over a catalyst and it doesnt take a genius to figure it out.

every race team at the GD Soo except one ran a Procross... even though there were several Catalyst's there being tested... including Herfs with snazzy graphics.

62 gram weights weigh in at 61.3, 61.4 and 61.3 which is consistent with the 65s. The 63s are gonna hit the grinder to actually fall in the middle of the other two. 

No longer any slippage as you can see.

IMG_3213.jpeg

• Like 1

Odd deal with the weights.

My scale isn't super fancy and I just do zero reset vs. calibration.  It's a good tool to compare but I wonder. . . ?  I've never seen a set over spec.  I just weighed the 64g set and two were exactly the same 63.84. The last one was 63.64.

60g set ranged 59.20 - 59.74.

I have a couple 66g sets with weights ranging 65.51 - 65.82.  Those have a nice tight grouping.

Scale calibration can obviously vary.  They should still give good comparison numbers from the same scale.

33 minutes ago, favoritos said:

Odd deal with the weights.

My scale isn't super fancy and I just do zero reset vs. calibration.  It's a good tool to compare but I wonder. . . ?  I've never seen a set over spec.  I just weighed the 64g set and two were exactly the same 63.84. The last one was 63.64.

60g set ranged 59.20 - 59.74.

I have a couple 66g sets with weights ranging 65.51 - 65.82.  Those have a nice tight grouping.

Scale calibration can obviously vary.  They should still give good comparison numbers from the same scale.

This is an old slider scale but the rest of them were pretty much dead nuts on with bushing weights added so the “63s” were definitely an outlier with their weight. We weighed them again when we put the 62s on the scale to test them

• Like 1

I decided to actually go and look back a couple years to compare the gearing and clutching info.

these were all the factory combos for the 2020 600 powered trail sleds... 

Riot 1.25 / 6000 LTD / SnoPro

22/48 gearing  48S helix 155/220 secondary spring 85/275 primary spring slinging 68 gram weights

RXC

23/40 gearing 38/40 helix 155/222 secondary spring  120/265 primary spring swinging 66 gram weights 

honestly, I could have sworn the regular sleds were quite different... maybe I was thinking of the 800's?    will peek at those next.  

Polaris for sure has a bunch of variables depending on the model and track style but only NSP is capable of dialing in all their power.

• Like 1

2020 8000's... all models regardless of track or gearing (different) were the same clutching components. 

56/49 helix  180/240 secondary spring 120/265 primary spring with 74g weights

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

2020 8000's... all models regardless of track or gearing (different) were the same clutching components. 

56/49 helix  180/240 secondary spring 120/265 primary spring with 74g weights

Proved yourself wrong. Again! Less than simpleton. 

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Proved yourself wrong. Again! Less than simpleton. 

yeah... really :owned: myself as well by posting it all. 

one size fits all... average  9_9

14 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

yeah... really :owned: myself as well by posting it all. 

one size fits all... average  9_9

For stock clutching? The way it is and pretty much has always been.

@Palu49 in regard to a comment you just posted.

2024 ZR 8000 RR

56/49 helix with 180/240 secondary spring and 85/225 primary spring with 66g weights

2024 ZR 600's

same exact helix and secondary spring with 65/255 primary spring and 60g weights

yes... the same helix and secondary spring as the big bore.  as posted above the prior 6000's commonly ran a 48 helix as do all the 2021 Polaris 600 sleds regardless of the gearing.  so what's available in between the 48 and 56 to test along with a touch softer secondary spring?  

probably just :owned: myself again posting facts and specifications but... 

:ashamed:

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

excuse me, men are talking here...

tenor.gif

So why are you here? Do you own a Catalyst? Didn't think so. Fucktard! Get into glue sniffing while trying to fix the last tall windshield on the planet for your sno pro? 

5 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

So why are you here? Do you own a Catalyst? Didn't think so. Fucktard! Get into glue sniffing while trying to fix the last tall windshield on the planet for your sno pro? 

just helping out a few friends... you really should try it sometime.  ;)

go enJimneer us a bridge or the Eifel tower... clutching conversations definitely aren't in your lane.

ec1f0ebb-2418-4264-aeb0-f45901a1ed49_tex

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

just helping out a few friends... you really should try it sometime.  ;)

go enJimneer us a bridge or the Eifel tower... clutching conversations definitely aren't in your lane.

ec1f0ebb-2418-4264-aeb0-f45901a1ed49_tex

So far, you got the clutching and gearing wrong. Helped no one there. Total waste of human flesh is what you are.

36 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

@Palu49 in regard to a comment you just posted.

2024 ZR 8000 RR

56/49 helix with 180/240 secondary spring and 85/225 primary spring with 66g weights

2024 ZR 600's

same exact helix and secondary spring with 65/255 primary spring and 60g weights

yes... the same helix and secondary spring as the big bore.  as posted above the prior 6000's commonly ran a 48 helix as do all the 2021 Polaris 600 sleds regardless of the gearing.  so what's available in between the 48 and 56 to test along with a touch softer secondary spring?  

probably just :owned: myself again posting facts and specifications but... 

:ashamed:

The whole notion that it must be horrible because it shares components with a different snowmobile is hilarious.

2 minutes ago, mnstang said:

The whole notion that it must be horrible because it shares components with a different snowmobile is hilarious.

it has the bYG b0aR 8ooo helix... 

@Not greg b has a couple to try if they get snow.  

20 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

So far, you got the clutching and gearing wrong. Helped no one there. Total waste of human flesh is what you are.

monkey.thumb.jpg.7f90fda4bb5423888585b6175864bee4.jpg

my dog is smarter than you... 

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

monkey.thumb.jpg.7f90fda4bb5423888585b6175864bee4.jpg

my dog is smarter than you... 

I know mine is smarter than you. He stays out of conversations on things he does not own. Just walks away.

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I know mine is smarter than you. He stays out of conversations on things he does not own. Just walks away.

he probably doesn't have any balls either, like his owner