Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

Unplug the fucker and see if your issue goes away to say it bluntly.

Thinking maybe just maybe your in over your head on this.. Have you ran your cat WFO yet to set the rings?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jonlafon1 said:

Thinking maybe just maybe your in over your head on this.. Have you ran your cat WFO yet to set the rings?

My yard is not long enough. That is all the riding I have been doing. I go by Cat's break in schedule anyway. Just unplug your switch as this has been a known issue forever. Not over my head what so ever. If it still persists, me personally would talk to my dealer but this is one thing you can actually test, and it takes seconds. 

3 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

My yard is not long enough. That is all the riding I have been doing. I go by Cat's break in schedule anyway. Just unplug your switch as this has been a known issue forever. Not over my head what so ever. If it still persists, me personally would talk to my dealer but this is one thing you can actually test, and it takes seconds. 

1790854419_200(1).gif.f1c1b28f745159dc5ab2c144ee26a071.gif

Can a bad throttle position sensor cause hesitation?

During your normal driving, consider inspecting your sensor if you experience any of these throttle position sensor symptoms: Hesitations during acceleration. Poor power. Difficulty and/or delay in gear shifting.

Can a bad throttle position sensor cause hesitation?

During your normal driving, consider inspecting your sensor if you experience any of these throttle position sensor symptoms: Hesitations during acceleration. Poor power. Difficulty and/or delay in gear shifting.

@krom... you'd better have the boys in the shop start blocking off time to unplug all the TSS's on these new sleds.  unplug the phone, it's about to get hectic... :roflcrying:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I go by Cat's break in schedule anyway.

That's your first mistake.. Break them in easy and they are turds.. Run em hard set the rings early they are rockets

• Like 2

Just now, jonlafon1 said:

That's your first mistake.. Break them in easy and they are turds.. Run em hard set the rings early they are rockets

Never had an issue with doing it this way. You can do what ever you want though. 

Just so you know, and I am sure you do, the Motor breaks itself in by a program. The first 18 minutes are limited to 6500 RPM. I limit my throttle to no more than half for the first 25-30 miles to get my belt broke in well, then I just ride it how the conditions allow, but will not do high speed runs until the full break in is complete. Not every ride needs to be turned into a race. 

32 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Just so you know, and I am sure you do, the Motor breaks itself in by a program. The first 18 minutes are limited to 6500 RPM. I limit my throttle to no more than half for the first 25-30 miles to get my belt broke in well, then I just ride it how the conditions allow, but will not do high speed runs until the full break in is complete. Not every ride needs to be turned into a race. 

When does this FULL break in stop?  I'm curious because the symptoms I speak of are very random and have continued all the way to 250 miles on the sled..

11 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

When does this FULL break in stop?  I'm curious because the symptoms I speak of are very random and have continued all the way to 250 miles on the sled..

Like 3 hours. Look in your owners manual. It is in there. There are two stages. 

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Like 3 hours. Look in your owners manual. It is in there. There are two stages. 

So 3 hours.. Okay so its been doing it way after 3 hours and random.. Must be the throttle switch.  Thank god for google

So 3 hours.. Okay so its been doing it way after 3 hours and random.. Must be the throttle switch.  Thank god for google

Not a 100% guarantee but easiest to look at. 

2 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

is it pulling time or shutting the sled off?

If its not shutting the sled off its not the throttle switch.

If it is pulling timing, a code should show up. 

• Haha 2

If it is pulling timing, a code should show up. 

It will not until it flashes an octane light , it will pull x amount of timing and when it cannot pull anymore it will flash octane and shut down. Your janitor buddy @krom can confirm it.

Bad fuel will give you the symptom he is talking about.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

is it pulling time or shutting the sled off?

If its not shutting the sled off its not the throttle switch.

Its pulling timing or hitting rev limiter. One or the other.  Sled is not dying just pulling back.. Hard WFO pulls.. Guessing timing as its loaded way down with weight.. Boostane applied still did it.

Its pulling timing or hitting rev limiter. One or the other.  Sled is not dying just pulling back.. Hard WFO pulls.. Guessing timing as its loaded way down with weight.. Boostane applied still did it.

What RPM are you seeing max?

Never seen anything on Dash when it pulls timing.. Sidewinder(yes knock light) or 2 smoker.. Matter fact it happens way more then people think and they don't know it.. But this is a pretty hard noticeable pull back.  Did it alot in the first 20 miles.. Could be break in .. But it did it yesterday after boostane and with 240 miles on it.. 

Edited by jonlafon1