Check your account email address ×

wanna hear some weird shit?

i got covid last thanksgiving. wasn't too bad to deal with but i lost taste and smell. haven't tasted a thing since. this past weekend i was up north camping, upper molar started throbbing. was a long few days. i typically carry percs or hydros in case i have a kidney stone while away. not this time. suffered sunday to tuesday morning. this tooth had been fixed years ago. dentist is friend from school, so he was honest and did not want to root canal and waste my money. so he removed it. then came the strange part. last night i finally felt like eating. holy shit i tasted everything. chicken , rice , green beans were deee licious. now this morning english muffin with peanut butter. tastes awesome. i really doubt the tooth was the cause but it may have shocked my system back. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

i got covid last thanksgiving. wasn't too bad to deal with but i lost taste and smell. haven't tasted a thing since. this past weekend i was up north camping, upper molar started throbbing. was a long few days. i typically carry percs or hydros in case i have a kidney stone while away. not this time. suffered sunday to tuesday morning. this tooth had been fixed years ago. dentist is friend from school, so he was honest and did not want to root canal and waste my money. so he removed it. then came the strange part. last night i finally felt like eating. holy shit i tasted everything. chicken , rice , green beans were deee licious. now this morning english muffin with peanut butter. tastes awesome. i really doubt the tooth was the cause but it may have shocked my system back. 

Had the same thing going on . Did the root canal yesterday.  Can be some wicked pain. Suffered for a few days and then went in. 

I got a dental implant on a upper mollar a couple of years ago. They told me right after to not blow my nose for 2 weeks at least because it was so close to the sinus cavity. After it healed, I suddenly stopped having nosebleeds, which I had been getting for years at least 4to5 days a week.

• Gold Member
11 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

Sorry for the tooth 😂

Congrats on the taste 👍

Crazy shit! 

3 hours ago, poopooforme said:

My taste still isn't the same but only on certain things.  Used to love cottage cheese.  Tastes funky as shit now.  Can't explain it.  

can't believe you said that . i love or used to love breakstones in the little cup. recently could not eat it. tasted strange and i'm already funny about dairy products and temps so i don't eat it. 

3 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

If I couldn’t taste my food…….well…….I’m sure I’d be a lot thinner. :lol:

i'm pretty fit already but it did not slow my eating. thankfully my girl feeds me a good diet and i just kept eating. even she was asking me how i could still eat. well, i'm hungry. texture was always a thing for me with food and it just became the indicator. but many have said the same thing about not eating. it did slow our going out to eat. that's pointless , i could feel the salt but no flavor. my girlfriend never stopped asking how my dinner was. most times i say delicious, because i'm sure it is. but i get the look when she remembered i didn't taste it