Check your account email address ×

Cops beat up, hospitalize bar owner.

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Bad people in every profession.   Lots of good ones too.   One not too far from me just caught a little boy who needed to jump from a 2nd story because of a fire.  Yes some abuse their authority but rarely do we see people get treated poorly who obey the law and the commands of the officer.  They want to go home after work no different than any of us.   I don't see any evidence that this old man simply got beat up because he asked them to leave.   Seems pretty clear he got in his car to go them.  

the issue with cops is that has becomes in many cases their excuse for abuse.  They are well paid to take some risk with their lives so the shoot first ask questions later needs to stop.  If their fear effects how they interact with the public they need to move on.  I've known plenty of cops who are dicks and I spend a lot of time with a group of cops that are great and aren't going to bust balls over little things.   Like any profession the bad throw a shadow across all but the blue line that protects the bad makes me not feel bad about how people often feel about them as they could help solve the issue.

sitting across from a bar is no more of harassment than running a radar on the highway.  IMO it becomes harassment when your reason for doing so is purely financial like happens in many places where they are writing people for 5 mph over the limit and failure to signal and the other petty shit. Like it or not the acceptable level is .08 and we have speed limits.   I'll bet in the 30 years I've had my license I've been pulled over no less than 75 times and gotten 6 tickets.  But I live in an area where the concern is more safety than revenue.  79 in a 65 is probably not going to get you pulled over unless you were all over the place,  3 of my 4 speeding tickets were 25+ over marked down to 20 as it's lower on the point schedule but I'm respectful because i realize i was doing something wrong not acting like an entitled dick like many do who then motherfuck the cop for giving them a ticket.  that usually lets me get off without one.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

I have a high school friend that is a State Cop out of Grand Haven...he talked me into taking the civil service exam more than a few years back to become a State Cop. Actually started out in Law Enforcement at NMU so I have no innate hatred for law enforcement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I have a high school friend that is a State Cop out of Grand Haven...he talked me into taking the civil service exam more than a few years back to become a State Cop. Actually started out in Law Enforcement at NMU so I have no innate hatred for law enforcement.

Now I have some innate hatred of you :lol: 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I'll bet you were a dead ringer for Paul Blart. :lol:

Obviously these cops need to charged and jailed. The debate about them being there watching the bar is open. Cops are told to do it, and do it all the time. Does not bother me as I would cab it home if I wanted to drink more than a couple. As for driving business away, I think only those intending to drive drunk would not go in because the cop is there, but some may just want two and not be impaired but would not want the potential hassle of being pulled over when they left. So it would effect business for sure. is it legal for them to sit across the street, yes. Now, is this business being targeted more than others, that to me is where it might get interesting.

3 minutes ago, Boered said:

Obviously these cops need to charged and jailed. The debate about them being there watching the bar is open. Cops are told to do it, and do it all the time. Does not bother me as I would cab it home if I wanted to drink more than a couple. As for driving business away, I think only those intending to drive drunk would not go in because the cop is there, but some may just want two and not be impaired but would not want the potential hassle of being pulled over when they left. So it would effect business for sure. is it legal for them to sit across the street, yes. Now, is this business being targeted more than others, that to me is where it might get interesting.

Its bullshit that you have to fear being pulled over simply because you were at the bar and not because of a driving error. Being in the bar is not probable cause to be stopped but we all know the lying ass pigs will just pull you over and lie about the reason they did so ....fucking scum

21 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Its bullshit that you have to fear being pulled over simply because you were at the bar and not because of a driving error. Being in the bar is not probable cause to be stopped but we all know the lying ass pigs will just pull you over and lie about the reason they did so ....fucking scum

they can't pull you over just because you were at the bar

but yes i will agree that they make shit up to justify the pulling over.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

they can't pull you over just because you were at the bar

but yes i will agree that they make shit up to justify the pulling over.  

they can pull you over just because you were at the bar ....because they would just lie about the reason they pulled you over anyway. they are lying fucking scum ....every single one. All cops are pieces of shit

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

they can pull you over just because you were at the bar ....because they would just lie about the reason they pulled you over anyway. they are lying fucking scum ....every single one. All cops are pieces of shit

here in Canada they passed a law, contrary to our charter of rights, that allows them to stop you for no reason at all. They say it is because driving is a not a right. We are losing more freedoms here every day. The one bright side is, if they catch you behind the wheel and the vehicle is not in motion, even if it is running, they now must prove intent to drive before they can nail you for impaired. Prior to the supreme court ruling on this cops would charge, and get convictions if you were asleep in the car with the keys on you.

Just now, Boered said:

here in Canada they passed a law, contrary to our charter of rights, that allows them to stop you for no reason at all. They say it is because driving is a not a right. We are losing more freedoms here every day. The one bright side is, if they catch you behind the wheel and the vehicle is not in motion, even if it is running, they now must prove intent to drive before they can nail you for impaired. Prior to the supreme court ruling on this cops would charge, and get convictions if you were asleep in the car with the keys on you.

there has been an assault on our rights from every angle and boot licking cop worshipping pussies are the reason why we lose rights 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

We were pulled into the beer store, my three buddies get out and go buy beer, I sit in the car waiting, never took off my seat belt. Drive off, cop follows and pulls me over for no seat belt, which I have on. He wants to search the car, and run everyones name. Fucker lied and never did charge me for the seatbelt.

Just now, Boered said:

We were pulled into the beer store, my three buddies get out and go buy beer, I sit in the car waiting, never took off my seat belt. Drive off, cop follows and pulls me over for no seat belt, which I have on. He wants to search the car, and run everyones name. Fucker lied and never did charge me for the seatbelt.

I got pulled over coming home from the hockey game last year in a small town here. I saw the cop behind me so I followed every sign to a tee. He pulls me over a claims I sped up before the speed changed to 50. I said I saw the sign and made sure I was under 50 until I passed it.

He immediately changed the subject and asked why I had MN plates in Indiana etc etc. I was fucking pissed and more or less told him to fuck off

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I got pulled over coming home from the hockey game last year in a small town here. I saw the cop behind me so I followed every sign to a tee. He pulls me over a claims I sped up before the speed changed to 50. I said I saw the sign and made sure I was under 50 until I passed it.

He immediately changed the subject and asked why I had MN plates in Indiana etc etc. I was fucking pissed and more or less told him to fuck off

I once told them to run my fucking plate if they wanted to know who II was. This was as they were hauling my gf off for an impaired she got in my car. Dick wads just took her and left. I was drunk as well but car was on private property. I knew they would watch me so I took a cab. Now they most likely would taze me and then beat on me for a while.

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'm sensing just a bit of :bullshit: 

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

I'm sensing just a bit of :bullshit: 

more or less .....would mean not literally. I was not polite as I usually am and made him aware that I was not pleased to be pulled over for no reason and then to be lied to

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

more or less .....would mean not literally. I was not polite as I usually am and made him aware that I was not pleased to be pulled over for no reason and then to be lied to

It really pisses them off when you know your rights.