Check your account email address ×

Californians Told Not to Charge Electric Cars Days After Gas Car Sales Ban

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Nope.  I pay for those once.  Would you consider off grid people that have power more or less dependent then say you???

I bet you’re a big fan of Ed Begley jr.

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Nope.  I pay for those once.  Would you consider off grid people that have power more or less dependent then say you???

what percentage of people actually living in this country are living off the grid and making their own power? 

miniscule at best 

btw, those solar panels and wind generators aren't green, not even close... and I'm saying that as a bit of a greenie.  

hybrids and nuke plants... or (my favorite topic) less fucking people on this planet gobbling up the resources and polluting the environment.  ;)

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what percentage of people actually living in this country are living off the grid and making their own power? 

miniscule at best 

btw, those solar panels and wind generators aren't green, not even close... and I'm saying that as a bit of a greenie.  

hybrids and nuke plants... or (my favorite topic) less fucking people on this planet gobbling up the resources and polluting the environment.  ;)

Truly living off grid is not just making your own power.

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Who cares. Why would I live without certain things just so I can say I'm off grid. You claim you are, but you're not. You just have a few shiny panels on your roof. You still depend on water and NG. 

As for paying for batteries once, you going to walk when your EVs batteries shit the bed?

you are dependent on all those things plus transportation and electric.  You are more controlled then anybody that generates some of their own energy.

No.  They last several 100,000 miles.  Then once the car is used up the batteries are going on the their second life as energy storage at the house.

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

you are dependent on all those things plus transportation and electric.  You are more controlled then anybody that generates some of their own energy.

No.  They last several 100,000 miles.  Then once the car is used up the batteries are going on the their second life as energy storage at the house.

So you're dependant others. Thx I'm done here.

Edited by Steve753

12 minutes ago, racer254 said:

The government controlling you through incentivisation is NOT capitalism.  You did it because you got $$$ from the government.

iT'z thE gOVerNmENt!!!!

:lol:

Who controls the government, ultimately?  Big business... Wall St... Etc.  your opinion or mine, nor how we vote really don't matter in the big picture.  they will, have and do find a way to get what they want.

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

So you're dependant others. Thx I'm done here.

Not as dependent as others.  I could drive my EV to the river and get a bucket of water, or to the woods and get firewood.

are you dependent on companies that make fossil fuels and electricity in your daily life?

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Not as dependent as others.  I could drive my EV to the river and get a bucket of water, or to the woods and get firewood.

are you dependent on companies that make fossil fuels and electricity in your daily life?

OTB, valid point

What we need is practical solutions to modern issues.  What we don't have is solid leadership to get us there.  I think of our country as a big corporation and our last several CEOs suck just nearly as bad as our board of directors, and we as shareholders in said corporation aren't getting a good return on our investment.  

We need to elect some actual adults in this country that can set the politics aside and get our corporation back on track before we get taken over by another hostile corporation.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

So you have off peak ours 16 hours a day to charge at lower costs.  On a 50 amp circuit charging at of peak in your area you have almost 160 kwhs that can be delivered off peak.  Enough to fill up 2 long range style EV’s off peak on that 1 50 amp circuit.

I can go to the gas station 24 hours a day

28 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

iT'z thE gOVerNmENt!!!!

:lol:

Who controls the government, ultimately?  Big business... Wall St... Etc.  your opinion or mine, nor how we vote really don't matter in the big picture.  they will, have and do find a way to get what they want.

I don't believe that for one bit, I believe the government controls big business through incentivisation as well.

31 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I don't believe that for one bit, I believe the government controls big business through incentivisation as well.

ok, don't believe it

say... where does the bulk of the money come from for politicians running for office?

https://www.opensecrets.org/

;)

Edit; this might be more up your alley 

https://www.opensecrets.org/dark-money/top-donors

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

48 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The port of LA is the largest port in the northern hemisphere. So yeah. For real. 

If California broke off and sank into the Pacific like most people wish it would, it would be a great day for America.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Pete said:

I bet you’re a big fan of Ed Begley jr.

Who is that?

3 hours ago, Skidooski said:

I can go to the gas station 24 hours a day

You can fill with electricity 24 hours a day as well.

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Who is that?

You can fill with electricity 24 hours a day as well.

1/3 of that day is at a much higher rate and if you have interruptible service that 24 / day isn't even 24 hours anymore

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

1/3 of that day is at a much higher rate and if you have interruptible service that 24 / day isn't even 24 hours anymore

In intermittent power situations many gas stations aren’t typically pumping as it takes electricity to make a gas station to function.

even though the rates are higher some portion of the day it’s still cheaper then filling with gas.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

In intermittent power situations many gas stations aren’t typically pumping as it takes electricity to make a gas station to function.

even though the rates are higher some portion of the day it’s still cheaper then filling with gas.

Transfer switches & portable generators required by law

Higher.....you mean like almost double between 11am and 7pm?

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

ok, don't believe it

say... where does the bulk of the money come from for politicians running for office?

https://www.opensecrets.org/

;)

Edit; this might be more up your alley 

https://www.opensecrets.org/dark-money/top-donors

You are talking millions and hundreds of millions, right? 

You do realize the US gave 50 BILLION to Ukraine.  Yeah, BILLIONS of US Taxpayer dollars.  The US Government gives and controls TRILLIONS of dollars now,  do you think they are controlled or are they doing the controlling.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Edited by racer254
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You are talking millions and hundreds of millions, right? 

You do realize the US gave 50 BILLION to Ukraine.  Yeah, BILLIONS of US Taxpayer dollars.  The US Government gives and controls TRILLIONS of dollars now,  do you think they are controlled or are they doing the controlling.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

how much of it went to the military industrial complex... you know, good old American corporations that don't pay taxes? 

war is good for business... Not mine or yours, theirs.  

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Transfer switches & portable generators required by law

Higher.....you mean like almost double between 11am and 7pm?

Still cheaper then equivalent gas vehicle.

Link to double price?

• Gold Member
10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

miniscule at best 

In the Bold 

Ok so what the fuck are you a fucking faggot? You don't want anyone else to have a kid? This is the shit I cant stand about people 40-70 years old. They had one or maybe two kids and they want everyone else to not have kids . 

Go fuck yourself Karen2Karen. You sound more like a dried up cunt of a Women day by day. 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Haha 1