Check your account email address ×

The greediest and whiniest living generation...

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Are there any non boomers that still support this theft in Ukraine and other places the govt lost trillions of our dollars?

Remember when ThpinnyVan said he changed from being a stupid republic once he could no longer support all the wars 

look at him now!

Just now, ACE said:

Remember when ThpinnyVan said he changed from being a stupid republic once he could no longer support all the wars 

look at him now!

Boomers love wars they don't have to fight in or pay for. 

Just now, ACE said:

He’s the epitome of a boomer 

Boomer: I mooched off the tax payers my whole life but these younger generations just don't want to work to pay for my stuff. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Snake said:

Exactly. We met our obligations with what we made, and the time at home was worth more than the time at work.

Correct. Sure there’s times I want more but my wife and I live a pretty damn comfortable life. I really like my work though so if they offer OT, I’ll take it every now and then. Put 1/2 into the play fund and 1/2 into retirement. Hoping to get my shop up and running at home and then cut the OT altogether. Work on what I want, when I want and keep all the spoils. 

8 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

While boomers may have killed the manufacturing base in America, I can’t be very proud to be a Gen Xer when our generation has given birth to the bullshit young adults of today. Some are good but most are wacked out and worthless. 

true dat on the boomers

my wife and I are gX but have done our best to raise our daughter to have common sense socially and financially, most of her friends parents (which have also become our friends) are like minded and come from hard working middle class GROUNDED backgrounds and we all see (and often comment about) the more affluent entitled kids and their idiot parents that aren't teaching them a damn thing.  that said, our daughter is 100x more spoiled and entitled than my wife or I ever were at her age.  she has little to not enough household chores but is an honor roll student, athlete, actress, runs with a good crowd and is a genuinely well liked child.  she does babysit during the summer and dog sit for a buddy of mine (she makes out very well on the dog sitting gig) so when there's things she 'wants' that my wife and I think is foolish $-wise... she has to pay for it with $ she earned.  many of the kids in her H/S drive nicer vehicles than my wife or I do (and the teachers) but she knows that's not in her immediate future.  she has great taste, wants big things in life and we instilled in her at an early age that if she wants a.... horse farm with a pool, nice house, vacation home in the tropics, etc., etc. that she's going to have to get a great education, work hard and not get distracted by bad boys or make bad life decisions.  her career goal at the moment is to be an eye surgeon, which we believe she'll achieve.  

it's not easy being a parent today, but her mom and I look forward to living in her house, enjoying the pool and going to Bora Bora.  :lol:   

5 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Yup. We didn’t have very many wants at all growing up. Didn’t travel much except to my grand parents place in northern Michigan. 

Jesus. If I worked those kinds of hours, I’d make way over that. I like having a life though. 

my father was an industrial arts (shop) teacher so we would always spend a month or more in summer with our grandparents in Florida and usually take a fishing trip or two close to home.  my brother and I grew up logging a lot of miles looking out the back window of the reverse facing seat of a 1977 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser station wagon, or folding down all the rear seats and sleeping in our sleeping bags... at a whopping 55mph.  dad didn't tolerate 'are we there yet?' well but I wouldn't replace those long trips in the car seeing the rest of the country at ground level for anything.    

4 hours ago, ACE said:

Americans only live in poverty relatively speaking. People in Africa live in real poverty 

poverty in America is having an out of date iphone 

what's poverty in Canada... not having your own individual bottle of maple syrup on the kitchen table?

there in fact is poverty in America, I've seen it firsthand... it's not a myth.  is it like parts of Africa, Asia or South America?  not really, but don't believe it doesn't exist.  what there is in America is the opportunity to ESCAPE poverty if one applies themselves.  for those that standing there waiting for the next handout or welfare check, or that get wrapped up in generational poverty (think having babies for gov-$) I have a bit less empathy. 

on that last note, not many people realize what childcare costs these days, so for those who constantly bitch and complain about welfare moms not working I simply ask them how easy would it be for you/them to afford rent, child care, food, etc. on a minimum wage or even unskilled $15 an hour job?  sadly we've collectively created many of the social programs we complain about.  if I owned or operated a large business today that required low skilled labor in large numbers I would absolutely find a way to provide quality child care for my employees.  the only way to break people away from generational social programs is provide them a better option.          

Edited by Crnr2Crnr