Check your account email address ×

Elizabeth Warren demands Jeff Sessions respect state marijuana law

Elizabeth Warren demands Jeff Sessions respect state marijuana law

Source: Fox

A bipartisan group of senators sent a letter to Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Thursday, urging their former colleague not to undo a 2013 policy permitting states to set their own recreational marijuana regulations. 

Led by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-Massachusetts) and Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), the push is a response to recent mixed messages from the Trump administration on whether it will enforce federal law which still bars recreational marijuana use, or leave the decision to implement the federal policy to the states. 

Sessions, speaking to the National Association of Attorneys General on Tuesday, had said he was “dubious about marijuana.” Less than a week before, at a White House briefing, Press Secretary Sean Spicer cautioned that “greater enforcement” of the federal statute could come and later likened recreational pot use to the opioid addiction crisis happening across the country. 

For some senators, however, the possibility of “greater enforcement” signals an intrusion into states’ rights in a way that is concerning.

Read more: http://fox5sandiego.com/2017/03/04/elizabeth-warren-demands-sessions-respect-state-marijuana-law-tmwsp/

14 minutes ago, Snake said:

Dumb cunt is right.

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

sessions is a creepy fuck that ejaculates into the pages of revelation. 

Both excellent posts and spot on

I can't disagree with her.  Well, I probably could if I read it all but anybody that thinks pot is going to kill our society when alcohol and tobacco is readily available, well....idiots.

Again, I can remember ZERO times when I got all "burled up" and got in any trouble or caused anybody else to get in any.  Alcohol?  Not so much.

:lol:

Of course, there seemingly was an immense amount "epiphany" activity that absolutely flooded my brain with epic ideas and the secrets of the universe while getting my high on..  Until I "came down" and realized it was all idiotic jibberish.  Ever have a friend in the "mind game" that comes down and still think everything you two (three or four) stoners just talked about was still "good"?  I have.  Morons. :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

I can't disagree with her.  Well, I probably could if I read it all but anybody that thinks pot is going to kill our society when alcohol and tobacco is readily available, well....idiots.

Again, I can remember ZERO times when I got all "burled up" and got in any trouble or caused anybody else to get in any.  Alcohol?  Not so much.

:lol:

Of course, there seemingly was an immense amount "epiphany" activity that absolutely flooded my brain with epic ideas and the secrets of the universe while getting my high on..  Until the I "came down" and realized it was all idiotic jibberish.  Ever have a friend in the "mind game" that comes down and still think everything you two (three or four) stoners just talked about was still "good"?  I have.  Morons. :lol:

The drug and alcohol industry is holding the fed on pot.

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

I wonder who could change the federal laws involving pot? oh wait how about a senator.

I'm all for State's Rights on this subject.  But Fed laws do need to be changed to allow this.

Just now, Zambroski said:

I'm all for State's Rights on this subject.  But Fed laws do need to be changed to allow this.

Like many  of the hot button issues between Dems and Repubs a solution is not what they want, what they want is the issue to stir up their respective bases with. The Federal Laws should be changed if for no other reason but to allow farmers to grow hemp.

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

Like many  of the hot button issues between Dems and Repubs a solution is not what they want, what they want is the issue to stir up their respective bases with. The Federal Laws should be changed if for no other reason but to allow farmers to grow hemp.

It's so stupid.  But at least it's not about the multi-racial preoperative confused or undecided transsexuals getting their own bathroom sign.  What was that like a year in the media? Epic important issue!

3 hours ago, Snake said:

Dumb cunt is right.

They just need to decriminalize it and be done. Let the states handle it from here. Nobody in Washington has the balls. 

• Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, Anler said:

They just need to decriminalize it and be done. Let the states handle it from here. Nobody in Washington has the balls. 

This^^^^^^^^^^^^