Check your account email address ×

We Spent $95 To Drive 2,700 Miles On A Summer Roadtrip. Life With An EV Is Sweet Indeed

4 hours ago, Bontz said:

We’ve been proud EV owners since 2017, and it’s hard to go back to loud engines and smoking tailpipes that are directly feeding the climate-crisis after tasting the silent, smooth, tailpipe-less alternative. 

Wow - I never realized how loud something like a Honda Accord was, or how much it smoked from the tailpipe!!  What a statement ... but I suppose when you have people like @BOHICA who lap this shit up, it's well worth the virtue signaling.  

Al Gore.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member

:lmao:Around 50% of electricity in Oregon is from fossil fuels.....just not the electricity he uses. 

WRITTEN BYJoe Wachunas

Joe lives in Portland, Oregon, and works for the nonprofit New Buildings Institute, which promotes electric and decarbonized buildings. He also volunteers with Electrify Now because he believes that electrifying everything, from transportation to homes, is the quickest path to an equitable, clean energy future. And of course, Joe and his family live in an all-electric home and drive an EV.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, poopooforme said:

Very nice.  Those cars were fast.  Probably weighed half of the big body montes.  I just did some math and ya funny you mention it its been 27 years for me as well with my Monte.  Fuck I am getting old....

Hard to beat the ride of a frame car.  I think 88 was the last year of body on frame GM cars. 

12 hours ago, Bontz said:

We’ve been proud EV owners since 2017, and it’s hard to go back to loud engines and smoking tailpipes that are directly feeding the climate-crisis after tasting the silent, smooth, tailpipe-less alternative. 

Wow - I never realized how loud something like a Honda Accord was, or how much it smoked from the tailpipe!!  What a statement ... but I suppose when you have people like @BOHICA who lap this shit up, it's well worth the virtue signaling.  

They have no clue.  The same people hate the loud, dirty, and smelly diesel engines they haven't built in over a decade.

6 hours ago, Highmark said:

:lmao:Around 50% of electricity in Oregon is from fossil fuels.....just not the electricity he uses. 

WRITTEN BYJoe Wachunas

Joe lives in Portland, Oregon, and works for the nonprofit New Buildings Institute, which promotes electric and decarbonized buildings. He also volunteers with Electrify Now because he believes that electrifying everything, from transportation to homes, is the quickest path to an equitable, clean energy future. And of course, Joe and his family live in an all-electric home and drive an EV.

As long as he feels good that's all that's important.