Check your account email address ×

Nuclear Power Plants Are Struggling to Stay Cool

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Just like every plant that uses water as a cooling means. This is nothing new and anyone with a brain would know this. Summertime means warmer water therefore less cooling compared winter water. But nice try though. 

2010. https://www.climatecentral.org/news/in-tennessee-heat-waves-frustrate-nuclear-power

There’s such a thing as too much sun for solar panels, and Europe’s solar industry is starting to buckle.

https://fortune.com/2022/07/19/europe-solar-panels-lose-efficiency-in-high-temperatures/ 

Edited by irv

The lemmings are following like good little minions.

It's funny to watch them post and post and post stories following the narrative.  All you have to do is see what he lemmings post next.  As soon as common sense starts to rear it's head on this forum, you have lemmings like spin going all in on multiple threads trying to discredit it.  Right now it's all about climate change, heat waves, wind, solar, Electric vehicles and how gas prices are super low now.....LOL

Edited by racer254
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It's funny to watch them post and post and post stories following the narrative.  All you have to do is see what he lemmings post next.  As soon as common sense starts to rear it's head on this forum, you have lemmings like spin going all in on multiple threads trying to discredit it.  Right now it's all about climate change, heat waves, wind, solar, Electric vehicles and how gas prices are super low now.....LOL

Spun dried has invested large in wind and solar so, despite Nuclear and gas now being declared green, he will do whatever it takes to try and sway people away from those 2 "green" energy sources. I'm guessing poor Spun has invested large? Poor fella, gut hooked yet again. 

European Parliament backs listing nuclear energy, gas as 'green'

https://www.dw.com/en/european-parliament-backs-listing-nuclear-energy-gas-as-green/a-62377411

Natural gas and nuclear power are now considered green investments in the EU.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/commentary/article-eu-natural-gas-nuclear-power-green/

36 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Fish boils in flowing rivers is just normal.

It has become crystal clear now that your cheese has definitely slipped off its cracker. :wacko:

1 hour ago, irv said:

It has become crystal clear now that your cheese has definitely slipped off its cracker. :wacko:

When all the arguments finally fail, they just have to try and use some type of fantasy extreme

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, racer254 said:

When all the arguments finally fail, they just have to try and use some type of fantasy extreme

No shit. These articles, vids or whatever media types they use to fool the sheep keep getting dumber and more idiotic all the time. I guess it is good gauge to truly tell them just how stupid some people can actually be? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

I assume this is the story/vid he read and watched but has zero clue these fish swim hundreds, if not thousands of miles sometimes through rapids, fish ladders and other rough water terrain (not speaking about predators like bears) to reach their spawning areas. Of course they're going to banged up. I also assume he doesn't know certain breeds of salmon die off after spawning like they have for thousands of years? 70 degree water boiled them alive I tell you!!!!! :lol:

All Pacific salmon and a majority of Atlantic salmon die after they have spawned. They reduce their feeding activity and use up all their energy when swimming upstream against the strong current. Once they are done spawning, their bodies keep deteriorating until death.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jul/27/salmon-boiled-alive-pacific-north-west-heatwave-video

2 hours ago, irv said:

No shit. These articles, vids or whatever media types they use to fool the sheep keep getting dumber and more idiotic all the time. I guess it is good gauge to truly tell them just how stupid some people can actually be? 

Yeah, just look at them.  They don't want to answer the question, just deflect.  It's pathetic.

I will ask it again

How many here think using Nuclear is better than Solar or Wind for a constant consistent electrical grid?

Edited by racer254
  • Like 1

Imagine where nuclear would be today if we’d spent as much time and effort improving it as we did trying to destroy it!!

now it’s green!!

local plants containment area with spent fuel since plants conception in early 70’s?which could be reused in newer plants.

I’ll check water temp tomorrow downstream from plant !!

91F515BE-7A9E-4B24-9C0C-71FB009B9907.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, racer254 said:

Holy fuck you stupid motherfucker. Try making a post without using the word narrative....which I doubt you even have a fundamental understanding of. Fucking retard 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, f7ben said:

Holy fuck you stupid motherfucker. Try making a post without using the word narrative....which I doubt you even have a fundamental understanding of. Fucking retard 

Go try another edible and then tell us all about it.  LOL and you call others "stupid"?