Check your account email address ×

The Badger's Lawyer

10 hours ago, Badger** said:

You can not take a person's pictures or family pictures or personal pictures from one site and post them on another site without that person's permission even if it is in a public forum, you will and can open up yourself to a lawsuit. Copyright infringement along with how that picture is used such as in malicious content. I checked with our corporate lawyer. 

10 hours ago, Badger** said:

BTW we can move pictures around in a closed forum like FS HCS DooTalk as long as it stays on that site. Public forums are hands off. 

58 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Try it sunshine, let see if it works. :thumbsup: We can all post off site pic's as you say. 9_9

29 minutes ago, Badger** said:

No, my understand it's the person who post the pic.  

1 hour ago, Badger** said:

Yes I called them about an old easement on HWY 64 in the town of White lake and I put it as a what if question, just in passing, no worries none one names where given. 

Why not tell the rest of the story Stevie. :mc::lol2:

16 minutes ago, HSR said:

So Rob according to your lawyer all the pics you posted of young girls leave you liable??

Is our daily girls thread against the law?

Technically yes on both issues. However, to sue for damages I believe each photo has to be registered as copyrighted. They can make you remove them though.

That's on of the reasons that rob always asked for the link to be posted when guys cut and paste articles.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, HSR said:

So Rob according to your lawyer all the pics you posted of young girls leave you liable??

If I own the pic's I would not think so. So I feel I'm all good. 

Just now, Badger** said:

If I own the pic's I would not think so. So I feel I'm all good. 

So what was your purpose in asking a lawyer??Why post this info up?? Aren't FS's rules good enough for you?

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

Technically yes on both issues. However, to sue for damages I believe each photo has to be registered as copyrighted. They can make you remove them though.

That's on of the reasons that rob always asked for the link to be posted when guys cut and paste articles.

Same with article links.  

You need to give credit where credit is due.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HSR said:

And the MEME thread, any motivational pics, jokes, videos...... What happens if you post a pic of say your dog sitting on your sled and I quote your post can I be sued for reposting your pic via a quoted post.

Published articles, copied righted pics, videos articles could cause and issue if you are reusing them for profit or your own advertising. Published or copy righted material should have a link from where the info was copied and pasted from, copy righted pics usually have some sort of marking on them as to who owns the rights to the pic(s). Websites like Meme generator and others like it would be in court every day for pics on their sites. I wonder how many times past and current politicians, actors and actresses and so on down the line have tried to sue over pics of themselves being posted on the internet?? 

Excuse me Judge I would like to sue Jerry976 for reposting a picture I posted on another website........ Who and what are A Jerry976 and what state or country would you like to file your lawsuit in???  Does anyone realize how much money you yourself would have to pay to try and sue someone for posting a pic or reposting a pic on the internet. 

Edited by Jerry 976

6 minutes ago, Badger** said:

I only asked about personal pictures. 

If you don't want anyone to comment, make fun of or repost your pics, don't post personal pics on the internet ANYWHERE, it's that simple.......  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

If you don't want anyone to comment, make fun of or repost your pics, don't post personal pics on the internet ANYWHERE, it's that simple.......  :thumbsup:

Let's turn this around for you,  I can not take your personal pictures from FB and post them over here.  :thumbsup: 

Quit tryin' ta' make Badger look bad. It's all bullshit. I'm estimating that he's probably a multi-millionaire, and has a great time with family and friends. 

It's all bullshit, because he's handed out "OWNAGE " so badly!!

I was gonna PM him weeks ago, and ask him to tone down the " OWNAGE " he was handing out like candy from a van at the park. 

Yes, his " OWNAGE " was too brutal! 

1 hour ago, Badger** said:

Let's turn this around for you,  I can not take your personal pictures from FB and post them over here.  :thumbsup: 

What are you concerned about??What brought this on?

2 hours ago, Badger** said:

I can not take your personal pictures from FB and post them over here.  :thumbsup:

This would be a violation of site rules. 

There is nothing about posting photos online that inherently places them in the public domain. You own the copyright to photos you take from the moment you take them. When you post them online through a third party website or social media platform, you agree to the terms of service of that website.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerry 976 said:

Bingo.

2 hours ago, Jerry 976 said:

Or get "YOUR" pics properly copy righted....... :thumbsup:

Bingo again...

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There is nothing about posting photos online that inherently places them in the public domain. You own the copyright to photos you take from the moment you take them. When you post them online through a third party website or social media platform, you agree to the terms of service of that website.

Third time is the charm :lol:

2 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Quit tryin' ta' make Badger look bad. It's all bullshit. I'm estimating that he's probably a multi-millionaire, and has a great time with family and friends. 

It's all bullshit, because he's handed out "OWNAGE " so badly!!

I was gonna PM him weeks ago, and ask him to tone down the " OWNAGE " he was handing out like candy from a van at the park. 

Yes, his " OWNAGE " was too brutal! 

If he is owning people so bad,why is he thinking about Freedomsledder while talking with a corporate lawyer. This place must really be getting to him when he's asking about here while conducting business.