Check your account email address ×

GM pulls a great Ford impression

25,000 miles on a 6.6 gas 

they have electronically regulated oil pressure which does make sense but design the system to at least fail closed holy fuck :lol: 

likley an 8-10 grand warranty claim over a damn solenoid 

seriously something Ford would do 

and it seems Like the guy driving went an extra 8-10 miles to make sure they didn’t bother to attempt patching up the engine 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

What year truck? 2020? I have one on order. I haven't heard of this. Is this an isolated incident or is it becoming a major issue?

2021. I googled it and nothing came up but that’s what happened to mine. Oil Pressure regulator solenoid 

And I love the performance of the engine. Very torquey and fair mileage considering how big this 2500 HD is. But good lort what an engineering blunder. Expect this daily from Ford but not from GM

1 minute ago, toslow said:

I would say the old 12valve Cummins, turn out the smoke screw and that monster would pull the depths off hell 

I’d sure like to have one of those also

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ACE said:

MFW they told me the engine was completely trashed and they had to order a new one 

85762C66-3534-44CC-98A8-23D73020EF5E.png

Well that's frigging sweet!

2 hours ago, ACE said:

25,000 miles on a 6.6 gas 

they have electronically regulated oil pressure which does make sense but design the system to at least fail closed holy fuck :lol: 

likley an 8-10 grand warranty claim over a damn solenoid 

seriously something Ford would do 

and it seems Like the guy driving went an extra 8-10 miles to make sure they didn’t bother to attempt patching up the engine 

IMG_6447.MOV

we are seeing oil lines blowing off left and right on the 6.6. the canyon with the 3.6 has had some solenoid failures and blown holes in the oil cooler hose. 

1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

we are seeing oil lines blowing off left and right on the 6.6. the canyon with the 3.6 has had some solenoid failures and blown holes in the oil cooler hose. 

Wasn’t a leak. I checked the oil several times to make sure before I roasted it 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

7.3 power stroke for the win 

After owning 5 7.3 psd and well over a million miles on them then switching to a 6.7 i can honestly say I'd rather drive a focus than another 7.3. Absolutely gutless, won't start in the cold, pos 4spd junk fucking truck ever. I used to go through 2 transmissions per engine, 2 engines then part out the truck. My last 6.7 had 775k when i sold it, pushing 800k now. Its still on the original transmission, rearend, transfer case. 2nd engine. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Snake said:

I absolutely love the "It's as bad as a fucking Ford, but it ain't a Ford, so fuck you stupid Ford people"... :lol:

frig yeah. Ford is trash 🗑 

32 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

After owning 5 7.3 psd and well over a million miles on them then switching to a 6.7 i can honestly say I'd rather drive a focus than another 7.3. Absolutely gutless, won't start in the cold, pos 4spd junk fucking truck ever. I used to go through 2 transmissions per engine, 2 engines then part out the truck. My last 6.7 had 775k when i sold it, pushing 800k now. Its still on the original transmission, rearend, transfer case. 2nd engine. 

Mine has an Allison 6 speed!!!

2 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Atleast it has something going for it! Are you running a medium duty international?

Yup , 4700 with the HO version they put out. It’s still pretty gutless and I’d love more power and wish it had an inline 6 but it works for what we need.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
53 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Most of those came with undersize cooling lines. then they finally smartened up.

17 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Most of those came with undersize cooling lines. then they finally smartened up.

Yeah the newer trucks are just night and day better. Newest i have is a 15 right now, I'm hearing the 20s amd 21s with the new 10spd are awesome. Pulling power and mpg all in 1

10 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Yeah the newer trucks are just night and day better. Newest i have is a 15 right now, I'm hearing the 20s amd 21s with the new 10spd are awesome. Pulling power and mpg all in 1

6.2 10 Speed may be the best combo ever put in a 1/2 ton all around 

Just now, ACE said:

6.2 10 Speed may be the best combo ever put in a 1/2 ton all around 

Never driven 1 of those but I'm thinking of ditching the diesel for a 7.3 gas on the next truck. Total cost to run it down the road should be alot less. 10k cheaper to start, way cheaper maintenance, no cp4 bullshit to worry about.  Crate motors are 1 /2 what a diesel is. Mpg towing and empty is very similar to my dually