Check your account email address ×

Every senator who voted against background checks & how much they got from the NRA

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Some on here are worried about the NRA yet none of the shooters in the recent mass shooting were NRA members.

Liberal spin.

It's like blaming the ATF or big pharma for all drug related deaths in this country.

Hell, best we can all tell, the vast majority were either registered Dems or had Dem ties, going to kill their own.  No wonder we cannot get anything passed.  Maybe the Dems should start their own gun rights lobby.  Or, maybe we should put them all on the terrorrist list...let's face it, they are doing more damage than good anyway.  Clinton and Trump... a big "thank you" from the rest of us to all the crybaby liberals.  Well done knott heads!

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The NRA owns the repubs in congress. How the fuck you cant see this is beyond me. Why do we have a no fly list?

So, you are just against the NRA because they back republicans.  Got it. 

Why didn't the democrats vote in favor of the 2 republican bills?  Or didn't your left leaning media say anything about that.

Edited by racer254

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

So, you are just against the NRA because they back republicans.  Got it. 

Why didn't the democrats vote in favor of the 2 republican bills?  Or didn't your left leaning media say anything about that.

No because the thread is about gun control you dumb ass.

Jesus its like conversing with 2nd graders

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

And you're a fist grader with special needs :guzzle: 

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I know, you won't answer the questions.  Well, Why didn't the democrats vote in favor of the 2 republican bills?

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I know, it's all the republicans fault.  But to me, honestly, its just another Democratic "blame game" for their complete incompetence and inability to get anything done.  They are like children throwing a temper tantrum on the senate floor.  Nobody cares anymore.  They cannot and will not compromise and that is exactly what politics are about.  COMPROMISE FOR THE GREATER GOOD.. And the Dems refuse to do that...THEY WANT IT ALL.  And they will never get it.  That's not how it works.  But it does seem to work well with a seemingly large enough population of blamers and whiners that they can get enough votes to stay in office.  Sadly, their astonishing ineptness still renders them limp.

But hell, if they got everything they wanted, who could they blame then?  Whose fault would it be?  I'm sure they'd come up with something.  And THAT is why nobody really wants to give them anything.

It's a distraction to the fact that we "allow" 80,000 refugees annually into the US for the past 20+ years.  That doesn't account for the illegals, student visas, work visas, etc......

Most of those coming are net liabilities to the country.  Without education/training and without assets, we have no choice but the feed them, house them, and provide training, or they'll resort to the only other option which is crime, simply to survive.  

All for what benefit to the avg legal American????

• Gold Member

Couple republican sensible gun control bills proposed by republicans were voted down as well.

Its politics and voters see this as well as republicans voting down gun control amendments

• Gold Member

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/06/21/senate-democrats-block-background-check-terror-watch-list-bills/

If you get your information only from left-leaning politimedia, you might get the impression that last night’s four votes on proposed firearms bills were sponsored by Democrats and blocked by Republicans.

The first vote was held around 6:00 PM. Republican Senator Charles Grassley’s bill to increase funding to the FBI’s NICS background check system so that the system had more accurate criminal and mental health data was blocked by Senate Democrats. It had 53 votes for it and 47 votes against it, falling short of the 60 vote majority needed because liberal Senators voted against it.

Shortly afterward, liberty-hating Connecticut Senator Chris Murphy’s attempt to force so-called “universal” background checks down the throats of American citizens was defeated on a 44-56 vote.

Democrats then conspire to shoot down a bill by Texas Senator John Cornyn that would have denied gun sales to people n terror watch lists after a three-day delay if prosecutors could make a case to a judge that the person was an actual threat. Roughly 40-percent of people on watch lists have no known ties to terrorist groups, and were placed there for absurd reasons, such as attempting to book a flight with an expired credit card. Democrats voted against this bill and kept it from passing the 60-vote threshold because it required the government to prove the person being denied their rights actually was a terror threat. The bill fell short  53-47.

Democrats then tried and failed to push their own watch list bill, which would deny the right of any American citizen to buy a gun for arbitrarily being placed on any government list, even without ties to terror groups or evidence that they’d done anything wrong. This direct assault on your constitutional right to due process was defeated 47-53.

When the media spin on these votes is stripped away and the essence of these four bills is laid bare, it’s very clear that Senate Democrats were attempting to exploit a Islamic terrorist attack by a registered Democrat (and alleged Hillary Clinton supporter) as an excuse to attack the Bill of Rights and infringe on the rights of law-abiding American citizens in order to increase government power over the citizenry and create Soviet-style lists to “unperson” Americans of their rights.

What did those evil Republicans do?

They tried to strengthen reporting to the FBI’s NICS background check system, and pass a bill that would have balanced the interests of the state in preventing terrorists from buying guns with the individual’s right to due process.

The Republican Party has largely been a clown show in recent years, but they’re far better than the increasingly Stalinist left, which drove the ACLU and NRA together in opposition to the Democrat’s Constitution-crashing attempt to allow the government to create and act upon enemies lists.

2 minutes ago, Im4snow said:

It's a distraction to the fact that we "allow" 80,000 refugees annually into the US for the past 20+ years.  That doesn't account for the illegals, student visas, work visas, etc......

Most of those coming are net liabilities to the country.  Without education/training and without assets, we have no choice but the feed them, house them, and provide training, or they'll resort to the only other option which is crime, simply to survive.  

All for what benefit to the avg legal American????

Oh I know.  And while most Americans are unaware of the real numbers and the reality of it, it's getting hard not to look around anymore and ask "What the hell....?"

It's the Dems building up their voting base and doing so successfully.  Problem is, they need the working mans money to continue their "sponsorship drives"....you know...the Union workers who keep voting for the Dems.  And of course, everybody else that gets wicked up into it.   But the Union guys that continue to vote dem are what facinates me.  They are the left wing's equivalent to the Right-wing religious nut jobs.  

Sadly, corporations are getting a bit sick of it and the benefits of heading out the door with their jobs is starting to look like a pretty good idea for what is left here.  Oh, but the Dems will FORCE them to stay to save jobs......:lol::lol:

"Democrats very much are in the pocket of the NRA."

Nia-Malika Henderson on Wednesday, April 16th, 2014 in comments on MSNBC

MSNBC guest says 'Democrats 'are in the pocket of the NRA'

By Jon Greenberg on Thursday, April 17th, 2014 at 5:43 p.m.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/apr/17/nia-malika-henderson/msnbc-guest-says-democrats-are-pocket-nra/

• Platinum Contributing Member

"Assault Rifles" is a political issue.   Nothing more, nothing less.   If Dem's cared about saving lives they wouldn't focus on semi-automatic weapons.   They would do more on DD and medical malpractice.  

When someone is killed during a DD accident is it the Alcohol's or vehicles fault?

When a doctor kills someone is it the instruments or medications fault or the doctors? 

I cannot stand the hypocrisy of the left.  

Funny how when a cop shoots and kills an innocent person its never the guns fault then. :nuts:

mediabias2011deaths-300x250.jpg

Edited by Highmark

its really not as much of the NRA as it is these people aren't going to just vote on emotion because 50 gay people got shot. I think the major issue from what we have all seen is due process. What is considered or afforded to you as a citizen as a "right". And i get that. But there should be a way to reduce some of these issues without pissing all over peoples rights.

Its my opinion if you are being investigated for terrorism you should have to have a level 2 evaluation before you can get a foid card. You kind of give up your rights when you start committing treason. again JMO

I do think that it should be discussed more publicly so that we can all hear why certain decisions are being made vs. people on the internet guessing.

8 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

its really not as much of the NRA as it is these people aren't going to just vote on emotion because 50 gay people got shot. I think the major issue from what we have all seen is due process. What is considered or afforded to you as a citizen as a "right". And i get that. But there should be a way to reduce some of these issues without pissing all over peoples rights.

Its my opinion if you are being investigated for terrorism you should have to have a level 2 evaluation before you can get a foid card. You kind of give up your rights when you start committing treason. again JMO

I do think that it should be discussed more publicly so that we can all hear why certain decisions are being made vs. people on the internet guessing.

So who decides what is considered terrorism or a threat?  It would be easy to see govt claiming someone who is very pro-gun and anti taxes or govt a "terrorist."

The IRS has targeted tea party groups.   Anyone who thinks that didn't come from the WH is kidding themselves.  The justice dept cannot be trusted on who "they think" are terrorists.  

You should not lose a constitutional right until a crime has been committed.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

Just now, Highmark said:

So who decides what is considered terrorism?  It would be easy to see govt claiming someone who is very pro-gun and anti taxes or govt a "terrorist."

The IRS has targeted tea party groups.   Anyone who thinks that didn't come from the WH is kidding themselves.  The justice dept cannot be trusted on who "they think" are terrorists.  

Totally true. thats why it needs to be a public discussion so we can let them know how fucking stupid or good of an idea this is before they vote on it. I just think we cant blindly just be like no without offering any alternative. I mean we can just say fuck it no changes and honestly i am fine with what we have now but just trying to say i do get there could be some movement on this.

Mag sizes and assault rifles though... Notice how neither has even been brought up for a vote. xD

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So who decides what is considered terrorism?  It would be easy to see govt claiming someone who is very pro-gun and anti taxes or govt a "terrorist."

yeah they have flat our admitted that when they got interrogated by congress and the house. No bones about it.

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

This is just another issue where the Republicans have shot themselves in the foot politically, you know when 85% of Americans feel that it's plain commonsense that if you can't get on an airplane you shouldn't be able to buy a gun............and yet your rep votes against a bill that would prevent that..... Of course it would not make a difference to the far right voter but to that much desired independent/swing voter that every candidate so desires the consequences are huge.

Remember GG I'm looking at this as a political issue in a national election year.....consequences. 

Any more Bill of Rights you would like to shit on, or is this the only one today?

Due process for Americans.... what an outdated, novel concept.

Just now, racer254 said:

Still wondering why the democrats would not vote for 2 republican bill regarding this.  Not one answer so far from anyone on here.

I believe the republicans are going to introduce a 3rd one today..Wonder what the dems will do??

The democrats will balk at everything and everything put up. Why?

Never let a crisis go to waste. Why solve problems when you can make a political campaign issue from it?