Check your account email address ×

Fuck you and your natural rights

15 hours ago, SkisNH said:

Eliminate the insurance and make people pay....or get individual Healthcare plans.

In similar fashion make every employee write a check for there taxes, no more deducting from the employer....

This will wake a bunch of motherfucker up

Bingo.  You want to wake people up, make them start having to pay for things directly instead of taking the money out of their paychecks

34 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The hospitals set the rates and they vary greatly by region. 

ortho the family uses (how sad that 3 of 4 of us ues them) owns his own surgical center.  End of the day the insurance company sets the rates he charges with what they will reimburse.  2 50-60k surgeries were 15k or less after insurance knocked him down.  Only time the doc or hospital is really setting the rates is in negotiations with the insurer at contract time or with an uninsured borrower.  Friend who does billing at the hopsital says they will knock 50-60% off if you have no issurance.   Still pays more than the insurance company for the most part.   

One of the things Trump was pushing and I agree with is med providers should publish the rates but it should be the lowest negotiated rate thats published IMO

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

ortho the family uses (how sad that 3 of 4 of us ues them) owns his own surgical center.  End of the day the insurance company sets the rates he charges with what they will reimburse.  2 50-60k surgeries were 15k or less after insurance knocked him down.  Only time the doc or hospital is really setting the rates is in negotiations with the insurer at contract time or with an uninsured borrower.  Friend who does billing at the hopsital says they will knock 50-60% off if you have no issurance.   Still pays more than the insurance company for the most part.   

One of the things Trump was pushing and I agree with is med providers should publish the rates but it should be the lowest negotiated rate thats published IMO

When I had my hip surgery the billed fee for everything was $46k. After in network deductions the total fee came to $24k. My out of pocket was less than $2k. Pricing is really all over the board. Healthcare costs has become like dealing with a sleazy used car salesman. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Anler said:

Your union insurance costs more than twice as much as bummercare. And isn't twice as good. 

I love how doctors who work in hospitals also open up urgent care facilities and don't take Obama care or other state run healthcare insurance. Since they are not part of the hospital they can pick insurance companies that pay the bill. 

Just now, Doomxz600 said:

I love how doctors who work in hospitals also open up urgent care facilities and don't take Obama care or other state run healthcare insurance. Since they are not part of the hospital they can pick insurance companies that pay the bill. 

Um Obama care isnt state run health care. Its Blue cross, Aetna, Humana, United and all the other health insurance companies that people use (even the unions). State run health care would be like medicaid. Me thinks you dont know wtf you are talking about and are too ignorant to not make a fool of yourself publicly. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

Um Obama care isnt state run health care. Its Blue cross, Aetna, Humana, United and all the other health insurance companies that people use (even the unions). State run health care would be like medicaid. Me thinks you dont know wtf you are talking about and are too ignorant to not make a fool of yourself publicly. 

:owned: 

• Haha 1

Just now, f7ben said:

:owned: 

Its mind numbing to see how many people think people are walking around with a card that says "Obamacare" on it. And no hospitals or doctors will accept it cuz Obama dont pay his billz yo! ffs

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

Its mind numbing to see how many people think people are walking around with a card that says "Obamacare" on it. And no hospitals or doctors will accept it cuz Obama dont pay his billz yo! ffs

Ignorance personified 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Definitely shop for insurance, I had been on my employer's plan for a few decades, was shooting the shit with a customer and he gave me some pretty good info, so I looked into going off on my own policy. I saved myself $400/mo, 10k on my deductible, and actually have way better health insurance that. Granted I am a single parent with 2 kids and I dont make a shit load of money compared to what some brag about here so that definitely helps out with my premium..But shop around, your employer might not have the best option for you

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Definitely shop for insurance, I had been on my employer's plan for a few decades, was shooting the shit with a customer and he gave me some pretty good info, so I looked into going off on my own policy. I saved myself $400/mo, 10k on my deductible, and actually have way better health insurance that. Granted I am a single parent with 2 kids and I dont make a shit load of money compared to what some brag about here so that definitely helps out with my premium..But shop around, your employer might not have the best option for you

We get quotes for our non union employees and yeah the spread between the rates can be as much as 80%. I have always stuck with Blue cross for convenience and everybody seems to be happy with it even tho they are definitely not the cheapest. Personally i would like to do a self insurance plan like a captiv or something just because of all the money we pay in premiums. But the union wont allow that because thats "their money" 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Anler said:

That’s true you don’t get a card that says Obamacare but the insurance you get on the government site is put in a different grouping or something and lots of hospitals don’t except it. It’s been few years since I had Obamacare so maybe it changed since but that’s how it was. We had to drive a hour away to a hospital that excepted it even though there was one 10mins away but they wouldn’t except it.

1 hour ago, Doomxz600 said:

How do you get through a day without having a fatal accident? 

8 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

That’s true you don’t get a card that says Obamacare but the insurance you get on the government site is put in a different grouping or something and lots of hospitals don’t except it. It’s been few years since I had Obamacare so maybe it changed since but that’s how it was. We had to drive a hour away to a hospital that excepted it even though there was one 10mins away but they wouldn’t except it.

Just because