Check your account email address ×

Pop goes the weasel

Fuck I called this last year and the swamp banker and some other experts here told me I was crazy. Wait until the personal debt bubble pops. There is going to be alot of blood

40 minutes ago, Anler said:

Fuck I called this last year and the swamp banker and some other experts here told me I was crazy. Wait until the personal debt bubble pops. There is going to be alot of blood

i like the swamp banker title.

Inventory is driving prices ow nothing more.   A decade plus of under building has come to roost.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

i like the swamp banker title.

Inventory is driving prices ow nothing more.   A decade plus of under building has come to roost.  

Make the Swamp Great Again!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, toslow said:

I’m on the hunt for a nice truck, hopefully something will hit the market soon 

Me too, These crazy prices have been around way to long. I just shake my head at the stupid prices people are asking, for junk. The sooner the shit hits the fan, the better it will be, for those that were patient, and are ready.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Anler said:

Kaboom!

Listened to a discussion on CNBC this morning that basically predicted that the Florida market is not expected to cool off anytime soon.  Point being, there are a million opinions out there.  :bc: 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Listened to a discussion on CNBC this morning that basically predicted that the Florida market is not expected to cool off anytime soon.  Point being, there are a million opinions out there.  :bc: 

Yep. Some people think Hunter Biden didnt do anything wrong. Heard it on the internet. :bc: 

22 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

coworker just sold a place in Bradenton he bought for 600k in 2020 for 1.1 million.  400k profit in 18 months SMH.  He is young enough to wait out for a crash unfortuantely you and I might be fucked for FL RE.   Wanting waterfronts the big issue,  only palces in FL that are cheap are because no one really would want to be there.  

24 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I’ll sell ya mine for 10gs more than I paid for it!  :lol: 

Was looking at a 17 Tacoma and they was asking 47, the truck new was 38 in 17. I laughed and walked out 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

coworker just sold a place in Bradenton he bought for 600k in 2020 for 1.1 million.  400k profit in 18 months SMH.  He is young enough to wait out for a crash unfortuantely you and I might be fucked for FL RE.   Wanting waterfronts the big issue,  only palces in FL that are cheap are because no one really would want to be there.  

I know half a dozen people who just doubled their money on recent house purchases down there. Problem is now they want to buy another...

we are opening a sattelite office in the next 30 days so I even have a place to work if i can find something between Bradenton and Venice.  One of my guys is "full time" FL resident now.  He'll spend May-Sept here at the beach then down there for 6-7 months.  He struggled to find something,  he has had an inexpensize condo in Sarasota for years and went down looking for a house and took him 6 months to buy something bigger than he had.  

1 minute ago, toslow said:

Was looking at a 17 Tacoma and they was asking 47, the truck new was 38 in 17. I laughed and walked out 

my assistant sold her husbands for 29k with over 100k miles on it.  SMH.   think he paid 35.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
27 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I’ll sell ya mine for 10gs more than I paid for it!  :lol: 

I got offered 13 more than I paid for mine, but a new replacement was 5g over msrp. No thanks.

• Like 1

I’ve got an 05 tundra single cab long box  with 350k’s on it, runs good AC blows cold. Farmer’s in my area are always wanting me to sell it because of the long box 

4 hours ago, toslow said:

I’m on the hunt for a nice truck, hopefully something will hit the market soon 

I wouldn't hold your breath on vehicle prices coming down. The Ukraine crisis is exasperating the semi conductor shortage. GM is shutting down again next week with several others following. Trucks are holding steady, but minivans and cargo vans are out of fucking sight. Sedan prices are roaring back because so many companies have cut production. Most of the used stuff is absolute junk too. 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Any real estate melt down would definitely be regional. The blue hairs have a lot of cash and they're spending!!! Florida benefits from that. My cash is tucked away and Im quite pleased with my van down by the river while I wait for the storm.....if there's going to be one. 

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

we are opening a sattelite office in the next 30 days so I even have a place to work if i can find something between Bradenton and Venice.  One of my guys is "full time" FL resident now.  He'll spend May-Sept here at the beach then down there for 6-7 months.  He struggled to find something,  he has had an inexpensize condo in Sarasota for years and went down looking for a house and took him 6 months to buy something bigger than he had.  

Florida is great in the winter but it is miserable in the summer. It's a literal swamp. The humidity and the bugs are brutal. That's why you see every house with a pool has a giant screen enclosure around it. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Florida is great in the winter but it is miserable in the summer. It's a literal swamp. The humidity and the bugs are brutal. That's why you see every house with a pool has a giant screen enclosure around it. 

Those are to keep the gators out too. My niece had  two removed from her pool, they just ripped the screen so now there’s plexi on the bottom part lol.