Check your account email address ×

This week in Bidenomics: It’s Putin’s fault

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I guarantee I've spent more hours in 1 day researching the keystone pipeline than you have in your life.   

Quit watching news and read only and listen only to economists and read WSJ, Bloomberg, and the like.   

And FYI SA is pissed about Biden and the Iran nuke deal, the fact he quit helping them in Yemin, and called them out for chopping up AK.

I am sure, I just sell spark plugs and mow lawns ... You are a 100% right I am 100% wrong..

Feel better now snowflake?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Bhen only points at Trump for everything, & latched on to the sites biggest dummies for that take. 

Brandon has stoked the fire for inflation big time. Vax mandates, winter of death, saying oil wouldnt be here soon with his green policies, trillions more in covid money etc etc.

According to Ed Hyman, voted top WS economist for 41 years straight, the 3 trillion in stimulus, unprecedented  stock buybacks by the FED, during Trumps term, the fact that only 50% of the 2020 stimulus was spent in 2020, the remainder was spent in 2021 add in the 2 trillion Biden added for 2021 all caused inflation.  

You may also keep in mind Trump gave a total of $1800.00 in stimulus checks, Biden $1400.00, Trumps enhanced UE was $600.00 per week Bidens was $300.00, they both created the inflation we are seeing now.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

According to Ed Hyman, voted top WS economist for 41 years straight, the 3 trillion in stimulus, unprecedented  stock buybacks by the FED, during Trumps term, the fact that only 50% of the 2020 stimulus was spent in 2020, the remainder was spent in 2021 add in the 2 trillion Biden added for 2021 all caused inflation.  

You may also keep in mind Trump gave a total of $1800.00 in stimulus checks, Biden $1400.00, Trumps enhanced UE was $600.00 per week Bidens was $300.00, they both created the inflation we are seeing now.

Sounds right. Unemploy & stimulus didnt do that much imo. Trumps PPP money was huge for inflation imo tho. Massive free money for people to buy big purchase items like cabins, boats etc etc. 

Brandon could have stopped the bleeding - but he doubled down. That was the nail in the coffin imo.

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

I am sure, I just sell spark plugs and mow lawns ... You are a 100% right I am 100% wrong..

Feel better now snowflake?

I won't argue with you about selling spark plugs or mowing lawns, but I can and do sit in front of the computer reading as much as I can to understand what is going on in the markets. Because of my own research and watching I was able to cash in very well just a few point below the all time high in the market.   

Not sure why you resort to name calling or why I am a snowflake, but that's on you. 

5 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I won't argue with you about selling spark plugs or mowing lawns, but I can and do sit in front of the computer reading as much as I can to understand what is going on in the markets. Because of my own research and watching I was able to cash in very well just a few point below the all time high in the market.   

Not sure why you resort to name calling or why I am a snowflake, but that's on you. 

Umm all's you did was try and argue with me? I took the high road in my reply saying we can both read stuff to support our statements,..You seem to think what you read is "better" than mine but I don't go there till you did,..

It's like fucking bizzaro world if you can't see that plain as day right in front of you..

Well anyway I'm sorry brother

5 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Sounds right. Unemploy & stimulus didnt do that much imo. Trumps PPP money was huge for inflation imo tho. Massive free money for people to buy big purchase items like cabins, boats etc etc. 

Brandon could have stopped the bleeding - but he doubled down. That was the nail in the coffin imo.

When you consider that once the economy opened that people,  many for the first time in their lives had a few extra bucks they spent it, along with the PPP for people that were already doing ok all added up.  

Biden was just trying to buy votes, but could use the argument he was trying to stave off a recession. The other thing was wage growth JD got a 40% pay increase, many in my area went from 10 to 11 per hr. to 15- 16 helpers in the trades went from 15-16 per to 25or more warehouse workers here got big retention bonuses and pay raises.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

I'm willing to blame the overall "stay home stay safe" shut down as the #1 cause for all of this.  Seriously should have just let the damn Covid run its course, instead of pushing fear and getting these moronic politicians thinking the only way out was to shut down, lock up, and throw money at people.  Dumbest thing EVER.

Yup....lockdowns were a complete waste of time and hurt the economy according to this John Hopkins study....

https://health.wusf.usf.edu/health-news-florida/2022-02-02/a-johns-hopkins-study-says-ill-founded-lockdowns-did-little-to-limit-covid-deaths

4 hours ago, Anler said:

Lets ignore the last 20 years of insane spending eh and just blame it all on Biden cuz your too stupid to know what irresponsible debt spending does. . Mkay? 

I don't know....seems like we had more covid releif stimulus under Biden....thought it would never end , while Biden walked around the Whitehouse yard with a mask on.

But you and Jkw say otherwise...I haven't studied or cared enough to be sure.

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

The keystone wouldn't be completed until 2023, how's that help now?

I just heard last night we were only 8 months away from completion....will try to find the vid, the guy said the years out estimate was bogus.

In any event, if it wasn't canceled, we would have been that much closer to completion.....

And to be honest with you.....I don't think Trump even wanted to lockdown and give stimulus from the get go......he was pressured into it and very hesitant. He didn't even want to call it a pandemic in the beginning......yet he was called a xenophobe when he shut down flights from China originally in the beginning.....unbelievable

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Umm all's you did was try and argue with me? I took the high road in my reply saying we can both read stuff to support our statements,..You seem to think what you read is "better" than mine but I don't go there till you did,..

It's like fucking bizzaro world if you can't see that plain as day right in front of you..

Well anyway I'm sorry brother

I base my opinions on information from the top economists and publications out there. I can tell you that when Ed Hyman says something it's based purely on fact, no political bias at all this  guy oversees  billions and billions of dollars and his foresight is what many people pay big money for.

I don't think of emotion or feeling when typing responses unless I'm busting someone's balls, maybe I should. It wasn't just one article I read on keystone, more than 10 I would guess. Just a few things I learned, No US oil companies retained their stock in tar sands, the actual pipeline wasn't fully funded largely due to the fact oil prices were low even before the pandemic.  

I'm sorry if it comes across like I'm better than you or anyone, not my intention, but  authors considered to be the best by their peers are who I follow.

Side note Ed Hyman wasn't a source on the pipeline.  

Make of it what you want.... but I would think a former pipeline worker would have a pretty good grasp on where they were and how long it would take to finish....8 months.

33 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yup....lockdowns were a complete waste of time and hurt the economy according to this John Hopkins study....

https://health.wusf.usf.edu/health-news-florida/2022-02-02/a-johns-hopkins-study-says-ill-founded-lockdowns-did-little-to-limit-covid-deaths

I don't know....seems like we had more covid releif stimulus under Biden....thought it would never end , while Biden walked around the Whitehouse yard with a mask on.

But you and Jkw say otherwise...I haven't studied or cared enough to be sure.

I just heard last night we were only 8 months away from completion....will try to find the vid, the guy said the years out estimate was bogus.

In any event, if it wasn't canceled, we would have been that much closer to completion.....

Had the pipeline not been cancelled and prices were close to what they are now,  just my opinion but they would have added shifts to get it done ASAP.  There was a funding issue prior due to the low cost of oil pre pandemic.

SA-OPEC made the largest cuts in production in history at Trumps forced request, Russia also cut production. If Trump were reelected SA would have increased production at his request IMO as Trump wouldn't have pulled military support in Yemin ( in fact he didn't before he left office) and he damn sure wouldn't be going back to the nuke deal with Iran. SA-OPEC's reluctance to increase production because they were-are pissed at Biden made this problem way worse than it would have been under Trump. 

45 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

And to be honest with you.....I don't think Trump even wanted to lockdown and give stimulus from the get go......he was pressured into it and very hesitant. He didn't even want to call it a pandemic in the beginning......yet he was called a xenophobe when he shut down flights from China originally in the beginning.....unbelievable

I don't think he wanted lockdowns at all, but he himself said he wanted bigger stimulus, I heard that with my own ears. Just like every president before him he didn't have to sign.

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

I base my opinions on information from the top economists and publications out there. I can tell you that when Ed Hyman says something it's based purely on fact, no political bias at all this  guy oversees  billions and billions of dollars and his foresight is what many people pay big money for.

I don't think of emotion or feeling when typing responses unless I'm busting someone's balls, maybe I should. It wasn't just one article I read on keystone, more than 10 I would guess. Just a few things I learned, No US oil companies retained their stock in tar sands, the actual pipeline wasn't fully funded largely due to the fact oil prices were low even before the pandemic.  

I'm sorry if it comes across like I'm better than you or anyone, not my intention, but  authors considered to be the best by their peers are who I follow.

Cool! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1jkw said:

For a guy that is so well informed you didn’t seem to know jack shit about trumps sanctions on Putin?   Selective outrage noted 

9 hours ago, Sleepr2 said:

For a guy that is so well informed you didn’t seem to know jack shit about trumps sanctions on Putin?   Selective outrage noted 

For a guy that cried like a drunken cunt for 8 years about spending you sure weren't informed about Trump's spending,  Selective outrage noted.  Stay on topic or STFU, drunk.

18 hours ago, f7ben said:

It should just be called the Trump price hike since his outrageous insane spending spree got us here. Not Putin or Biden.

Again trump started the spending spree lmfao 

And to even imply Biden a guy who has spent 49 fucking years in washingintion setting policy is not responsible beyond ludicrous 

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

For a guy that cried like a drunken cunt for 8 years about spending you sure weren't informed about Trump's spending,  Selective outrage noted.  Stay on topic or STFU, drunk.

For a guy that whines that trump didn’t sanction Putin you,sure made an ignorant ass of yourself. 

I’ve said ALL spending needs to be cut many times but I doubt you’d see that

18 hours ago, f7ben said:

Well Biden hasn’t had a lot of time to deserve anywhere near the blame Trump should get. 

You dipshit, he has had 45 years in Washington, yet you want to blame it on a guy that had only 4 years.  How can some people even chew gum and walk at the same time.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

You dipshit, he has had 45 years in Washington, yet you want to blame it on a guy that had only 4 years.  How can some people even chew gum and walk at the same time.

It took an outsider to explode the deficit into levels never seen before. 

26 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

For a guy that whines that trump didn’t sanction Putin you,sure made an ignorant ass of yourself. 

I’ve said ALL spending needs to be cut many times but I doubt you’d see that

Show me 1 time where I ever stated Trump didn't sanction Putin, you must be drunk again or in your case still drunk.

28 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Only one person can stop that by not signing off on it and that is the president, guess who signed off on the most.