Check your account email address ×

Cheap gas on the way. Demand destruction about $4/gal

5 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

You're not burning all that firewood you cut?

No, we had a Glenwood stove in the house many years ago, but it's been in the garage for about 30 years. I want to install another heating system, but I have other, older family members who would be difficult to work with, and would not contribute financially to their part of the house/system.

So, I just keep things running just the way they are, as best I can. It's really not worth the hassle right now to install a big new system in a 2, almost 3 family house.  

4 hours ago, Voodoo said:

$4.74/gallon here, in adjusted dollars.

Lady at the cardlock I use said she got 4 angry phone calls yesterday.

When I first got the bill I thought it was a mistake, that they did not include last month's check I sent them. 

I was gonna call them to see if that was the case, but I checked all my bills, and looked up the price of heating oil. HOLY SHIT, $5.00 a gallon in the area!!!

Made out the check. Sonofabitch.

I honestly don't know if this country will last another three years with Biden. 

We need a real president soon, before this country implodes.  

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Thought you were 75% wood ?

I wish I was, right now. Although, as a person gets older the work of loading and carrying the wood is less, and less fun. 

My good friends ( 70s ) have a nice wood stove plus oil-fired hot-air, and I think just going out in the cold, snow, ice to the wood pile is becoming a pita for them. 

• Gold Member

I thought @spin_dry said only houses from 1955 had Oil Furnaces...seems in the real world a lot of people still do...:smack:

Hey congrats on the Van spin tits ....even though you were saying only a few weeks back that you wouldnt be buying any "American Junk"  :lol:.

Lets see how long this endeavor lasts :lol:

I have two other friends ( 70s again ) that almost use their wood-burning stoves exclusively for heating. They burn every piece of wood they can get their hands on. Pallets, wood from their property, everything. Gonna really pay off now!!!!

I offered to hire MXZ's, Marine Girl Wife, to come over here and split firewood. I was up to about $124.00 an hour, plus gas, food, and lodging, but they wouldn't take the bait!!!

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I have two other friends ( 70s again ) that almost use their wood-burning stoves exclusively for heating. They burn every piece of wood they can get their hands on. Pallets, wood from their property, everything. Gonna really pay off now!!!!

That be the only way that make sense is if you had the wood or getting it for next to nothing.  I’d think if your buying 4-5 cords pre split that’s probably close to the same price as oil or propane for a house.

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

That be the only way that make sense is if you had the wood or getting it for next to nothing.  I’d think if your buying 4-5 cords pre split that’s probably close to the same price as oil or propane for a house.

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

I had the btu breakdown on a cord of wood, vs gas or oil. 

Wood can be a PITA, unless you are set up properly for it, and enjoy the work. 

• Gold Member
25 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I had the btu breakdown on a cord of wood, vs gas or oil. 

Wood can be a PITA, unless you are set up properly for it, and enjoy the work. 

Ya it’s a pain and lot of work. I like a wood fireplace grew up with one but we got a propane fireplace now so much easier just click a button on the remote done 👍.

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Is burning wood really that much cheaper? What’s a cord cost around here $400-$450? Seems it only be worth it if you cut wood from your own property or maybe by a grapple load and split yourself

Mine either comes from my property , or is dropped off by landscaper friends who got paid to take it down.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 hours ago, spin_dry said:

$3.86 for regular. 

$4.26 at the wholesale club, so prolly$4.45-$4.50 at normal stations for regular..

On 3/11/2022 at 2:49 PM, Polaris 550 said:

Making out check for heating oil, $4.82 a gallon......$830.00!! Holy shit!!! 

In three weeks I'll get another delivery/bill!! :mc:

Just had my Propane tank topped off yesterday, 1st. time since mid December, 282.3 gallons at $1.59 per gallon. from the 1000 gallons of pre-buy I do each year now that I've stopped burning wood 3 years ago..

3 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Just had my Propane tank topped off yesterday, 1st. time since mid December, 282.3 gallons at $1.59 per gallon. from the 1000 gallons of pre-buy I do each year now that I've stopped burning wood 3 years ago..

I hope this doesn't last too long, but I'm kind of pessimistic about it. 

Pre-buy must have paid off for ya' this year...right???  

We used ta' do pre-buy a few years ago, haven't done it for a while. 

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

He’s 100% wood when he’s thinking about Jamal’s Tarpaper Roll!!!🤣

You drew FIRST BLOOD!! HSR better not even think about booting me!

I'll show ya' who's 100% wood, when I'm bangin' your broad doggy-style, and slappin' her ass!! 

19 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

You drew FIRST BLOOD!! HSR better not even think about booting me!

I'll show ya' who's 100% wood, when I'm bangin' your broad doggy-style, and slappin' her ass!! 

:cop: leave his wife out of it !!!