Check your account email address ×

Oil

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I know everybody here hates Biden and Jen Psaki but FFS this Doocy guy is a dolt and in this instance like her or not she is correct.

That seems to be the go to response from the White House when asked that question.....many of those points are addressed in pic below.

Bottomline is this administration has become very hostile towards the oil industry, with regulations and threats that oil will not be a part of the future. Who wants to spend tons of money with exploration and drilling expenses and facing the possibility of being shutdown at any time? 

And remember, Biden campaigned on shutting the oil industry down.....a promise he has kept. And those that voted for him are getting their just rewards, unfortunately you are bringing the rest of us down with you.

Screenshot_2022-03-08-07-54-21.png

• Like 3

Oh, and as far as Doocy goes.....at least he asks some relative and tougher questions than most reporters....if you don't see a stark contrast between how this admin gets treated compared to last admin, I can't help you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

That seems to be the go to response from the White House when asked that question.....many of those points are addressed in pic below.

Bottomline is this administration has become very hostile towards the oil industry, with regulations and threats that oil will not be a part of the future. Who wants to spend tons of money with exploration and drilling expenses and facing the possibility of being shutdown at any time? 

And remember, Biden campaigned on shutting the oil industry down.....a promise he has kept. And those that voted for him are getting their just rewards, unfortunately you are bringing the rest of us down with you.

Screenshot_2022-03-08-07-54-21.png

Also, a lot of those land leases for drilling don't have oil and access to get the oil to market..

Energy industry swipes back at Psaki 'red herring' comment on oil and gas leases

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/energy-industry-psaki-oil-and-gas-leases-ceraweek

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Badger is absolutely correct.

Yes he is and I am starting to think that there are some of these fucks who also understand it and yet still try and lie and push a false narrative.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Also, a lot of those land leases for drilling don't have oil and access to get the oil to market..

Energy industry swipes back at Psaki 'red herring' comment on oil and gas leases

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/energy-industry-psaki-oil-and-gas-leases-ceraweek

Where are oil workers going to come from? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Where did all those oil workers go?

Hey what about all those refugees that were brought here.....where are they at?

1. They left for other industries or retired. Tired of layoffs and time away from family.

2. Many areas of oil work is highly skilled. Need time to train those interested. 

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Oh look it seems Biden backed a huge oil project in Alaska against enviros….

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/biden-trump-alaska-oil-drilling-b1855338.html

All that is fine and dandy, there's no oil workers. :lol: 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Where are oil workers going to come from? 

Well you're putting the cart before the horse thinking they need oil workers once they aquire a lease,.It's not like a land lease is "turn key" if you read the article I posted, the folks in the oil industry said it takes about 2 years before they can actually get started on drilling after securing a lease. Land surveying, test sites, geological surveys, build roads, let's not forget the EPA needs to approve too and I'd guess that isn't done in a day or too..So once that's done, build a rig, and then we can talk about hiring rig workers in 2024....:thumbsup:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Well you're putting the cart before the horse thinking they need oil workers once they aquire a lease,.It's not like a land lease is "turn key" if you read the article I posted, the folks in the oil industry said it takes about 2 years before they can actually get started on drilling after securing a lease. Land surveying, test sites, geological surveys, build roads, let's not forget the EPA needs to approve too and I'd guess that isn't done in a day or too..So once that's done, build a rig, and then we can talk about hiring rig workers in 2024....:thumbsup:

Oh, don't ruin his little narrative.....there are no oil workers any more.  No one will be able to do the jobs according to him.  LOL  You have to laugh at the constant ignorance.  Unfortunately, there are people that probably believe what he does.

Edited by racer254
  • Like 2

Just now, Rigid1 said:

I understand that. It's the reason why Trump's success in domestic oil came from the Obama energy plan. As I said before, I have a relative who worked in the oil industry as a geologist. I've had numerous conversations with him about the industry. He left because of the long hours, time away from home, and the boom/bust cycle that's inherent to the industry. He a few years younger than I am and said there was a mass exodus during covid by the grey beards. They retired. This is a real issue not just with energy, but mfg and healthcare as well. It just happens that the oil industry got hit the hardest because of general age of oil workers and retirements. It isn't seen as a very attractive industry to work. The question remains, what can be done about it? No one on either side of the isle seem to be asking that question. It is the #1 block to oil production. 

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Not sure why it is so hard for some people to understand what Badger just stated.

Its the truth no matter how much spittle comes out of Bens mouth...

12 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Oh look it seems Biden backed a huge oil project in Alaska against enviros….

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/biden-trump-alaska-oil-drilling-b1855338.html

If Biden is so "pro oil" why did he cancel the Key stone xl first day on the job that was right there to produce oil??

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

All that is fine and dandy, there's no oil workers. :lol: 

I hear 11k oil workers from the key stone xl are available..:dunno:

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Its the truth no matter how much spittle comes out of Bens mouth...

It's the truth no matter who spews something different.  Just look, now there is a labor shortage in the oil industry.  FFS, it is like the media writes this stuff and they buy it hook line and sinker.  It's all deflection from the real issue in Washington.

Edited by racer254

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

If Biden is so "pro oil" why did he cancel the Key stone xl first day on the job that was right there to produce oil??

I hear 11k oil workers from the key stone xl are available..:dunno:

Of course you know that the 11,000 figure was bullshit. 

Edited by spin_dry

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Saw this on tiktok. No defense of the Biden Admin

The Russian oil sanction is a money making payday for the oil companies. Is it any wonder the republicans were pushing for it!! Look who finances republican election campaigns. Dig deep mother fuckers!!! :lol: 

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The Russian oil sanction is a money making payday for the oil companies. Is it any wonder the republicans were pushing for it!! Look who finances republican election campaigns. Dig deep mother fuckers!!! :lol: 

Wouldnt surprise me. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

The republicans played poor Joe like a fiddle. 

Probably making up for the pummeling they got under Trump when he crashed the oil price with... Russian sanctions!