Check your account email address ×

Ukrainian ambassador says Russian platoon surrendered to Ukrainian forces

Interesting….

Ukrainian ambassador says Russian platoon surrendered to Ukrainian forces

Source: The Hill

Ukrainian Ambassador to the U.S. Oksana Markarova said Thursday that a platoon of Russian soldiers surrendered to the Ukrainian military, saying they "didn't know that they were brought to Ukraine to kill Ukrainians." 

At a press briefing, Markarova said, "Just before I came here, we got information from our chief commander that one of the platoons of the 74th motorized brigade from Kemerovo Oblast surrendered." 

"They didn't know that they were brought to Ukraine to kill Ukrainians. They thought they were doing something else there," she added.

Read more: https://thehill.com/policy/international/595728-ukrainian-ambassador-says-russian-platoon-surrendered-to-ukrainian 

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Doing something else there……

There's elements of the Russian army that are very well trained. But for the most part, it's a disaster. If a shooting war breaks out between Russia and America, they'd last a week at best. There in lies the danger. The Ukrainians are gonna put up a good fight. 

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

There's elements of the Russian army that are very well trained. But for the most part, it's a disaster. If a shooting war breaks out between Russia and America, they'd last a week at best. There in lies the danger. The Ukrainians are gonna put up a good fight. 

Good they can battel it out hopefully end up at the leaders homes and drag then in to the street sand Niger style cut of there heads and the country's can Both start over . It is a coin toss who is a more ruthless leader . 

I will say on a positive note for both of them . You can bet your ass neither one cares about what some twink wants to be identified as 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Agreed but the danger lies in Putin getting cornered by America if a fight ensues.   

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Agreed but the danger lies in Putin getting cornered by America if a fight ensues.   

He’ll resort to tactical nukes which Russia has a plethora. It’s been a backbone of the Russian strategy. He’d target American military installations for massive casualties. America has less than 300 B61 non-strategic tactical nukes. All or most are gravity bombs. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

He’ll resort to tactical nukes which Russia has a plethora. It’s been a backbone of the Russian strategy. He’d target American military installations for massive casualties. America has less than 300 B61 non-strategic tactical nukes. All or most are gravity bombs. 

Wouldn't matter.   Once the first one goes off that would be it.  There would be no restraint or plan to just use them tactically.   The idea that nukes can be a part of general warfare (like in Red Dawn) is laughable.     

12 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Good they can battel it out hopefully end up at the leaders homes and drag then in to the street sand Niger style cut of there heads and the country's can Both start over . It is a coin toss who is a more ruthless leader . 

I will say on a positive note for both of them . You can bet your ass neither one cares about what some twink wants to be identified as 

Ahhh yes…the new talking point as put forth by Steve Bannon and Erik Prince. Only a pos would see that as a redeeming quality in an otherwise shitbag dictator.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ahhh yes…the new talking point as put forth by Steve Bannon and Erik Prince. Only a pos would see that as a redeeming quality in an otherwise shitbag dictator.

No not a new talking point a reality people have been talking about from about mid 2019 . Granted only people with ties to the countery msm would never puck up a story like that with all the shit surrounding there hero 

Screenshot_20220225-112936_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That's showing Putin.

JC if this is true, it's just another example of the ineptness of this administration. Who in their right mind would believe that China would be of any help let alone an ally in this conflict. How fucking stupid can you be.

33 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

JC if this is true, it's just another example of the ineptness of this administration. Who in their right mind would believe that China would be of any help let alone an ally in this conflict. How fucking stupid can you be.

It has been done in the past. I believe in 73 with the Israel conflict the US shared photo surveillance with the Russians to try and defuse some tensions. The problem here is I think the Chinese already had a clear picture of what was happening so the Intel only shows them what the US is capable of intelligence wise 

13 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

It has been done in the past. I believe in 73 with the Israel conflict the US shared photo surveillance with the Russians to try and defuse some tensions. The problem here is I think the Chinese already had a clear picture of what was happening so the Intel only shows them what the US is capable of intelligence wise 

Very true. It's also interesting that China abstained at the UN Security Council vote on condemning the Ukraine invasion. Most thought that they'd vote no. There's some clear signs that what Russia has done goes way beyond what China anticipated. China is poised to lose billions of dollars in investment and future investment in the Ukraine. I was looking over some of the deal that were inked between the two counties. Wow!! China is going to get fucked because of Vlad's ideological war. I'm beginning to think that Vlad's cheese has slipped off his cracker. 

Edited by spin_dry

Putin in the past has been very shrewd in his dealings on the world stage in the past. I think his troop massing on the border was an effective tool against the EU and the inept fool in our white house.  the only bad move he made was to actually invade. I think if it draws out which it seems it will Putin's political future will be in question.

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Putin in the past has been very shrewd in his dealings on the world stage in the past. I think his troop massing on the border was an effective tool against the EU and the inept fool in our white house.  the only bad move he made was to actually invade. I think if it draws out which it seems it will Putin's political future will be in question.

The inept fool in the White House and those in the EU aren't the ones who made Vlad's amazing blunder. There's several bad moves that he made. He failed to prepare the Russian people for war. He believed that Ukrainians were somehow like family because he lives within the past of a failed union. He grossly underestimated the world's response. He's been planning this move since 2014 and there's nothing that would've stopped him short of America and the EU acquessing to his demands which changed by the hour. 

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The inept fool in the White House and those in the EU aren't the ones who made Vlad's amazing blunder. There's several bad moves that he made. He failed to prepare the Russian people for war. He believed that Ukrainians were somehow like family because he lives within the past of a failed union. He grossly underestimated the world's response. He's been planning this move since 2014 and there's nothing that would've stopped him short of America and the EU acquessing to his demands which changed by the hour. 

Interesting. Didn't know all that. I still don't trust the Chinese.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 11:02 AM, spin_dry said:

Lol yeah ok because he wants  his whole country turned in to chernobyl x10