Check your account email address ×

Russian Alligator

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Glad to see those fleeing to Poland seem to be mostly women and children.  Meaning men are staying to fight for their country 

While that is great and very admirable,,I don't understand why they weren't better prepared for this military wise. I'm sure they coulda struck a deal artillery wise years ago with Biden.

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

I am not saying the Russians can't win I am just saying it will cost them plenty. 

Not necessarily. If they fight a war of attrition and tip toe around civilian casualties then yes. If they wage this war like they did in Syria, no. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Carlos Danger said:

I am not saying the Russians can't win I am just saying it will cost them plenty. 

Short term they will kick ass. But the toughest war to fight is when fighters blend in with civilians.  

Will vlad care about killing civilians?

That may get costly for him 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Not necessarily. If they fight a war of attrition and tip toe around civilian casualties then yes. If they wage this war like they did in Syria, no. 

Yes but the Russians are not fighting Syrians they are fighting Ukrainians which are more like family.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Yes but the Russians are not fighting Syrians they are fighting Ukrainians which are more like family.

That is no longer true. Hasn’t been true for several years. Ukrainians have formed a national identity. Your family idea went out the window. Vlad will not allow this to devolve into door to door urban fighting. 

38 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

That is no longer true. Hasn’t been true for several years. Ukrainians have formed a national identity. Your family idea went out the window. Vlad will not allow this to devolve into door to door urban fighting. 

Thought you were on the road??

8 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Thought you were on the road??

Family emergency. Nothing life threatening, but I needed to come back up north. What do you know about the Quigley 4x4 systems on a Ford Transit? 2017 with 51,000 miles and 3.7 liter motor. I've heard nothing bad about the conversions. 

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Family emergency. Nothing life threatening, but I needed to come back up north. What do you know about the Quigley 4x4 systems on a Ford Transit? 2017 with 51,000 miles and 3.7 liter motor. I've heard nothing bad about the conversions. 

Well I hope everything works itself out bro..:bc:

Don't really know anything about about it, but after seeing it, I do know I wouldn't want to come across some high cross winds at speed..:lol::bc:

20 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Check their website I read they no longer convert transits, if that's true I doubt it was because they were trouble free.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

Check their website I read they no longer convert transits, if that's true I doubt it was because they were trouble free.

They stopped conversions because the AWD version of the Transit was released and demand dwindled. 

13 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Well I hope everything works itself out bro..:bc:

Don't really know anything about about it, but after seeing it, I do know I wouldn't want to come across some high cross winds at speed..:lol::bc:

Can't be any worse than the Mercedes. Yikes. The unit I'm looking at is a mid height. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Glad to see those fleeing to Poland seem to be mostly women and children.  Meaning men are staying to fight for their country 

Males 18 - 60 years old aren’t allowed to leave 

43 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

They stopped conversions because the AWD version of the Transit was released and demand dwindled. 

Could be, but I read quite a lot about them, tire wear was terrible, due to being unibody they twisted in offroad conditions, ford's version didn't have hi/lo transfer case and that was a big selling point for Quigley.

9 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Could be, but I read quite a lot about them, tire wear was terrible, due to being unibody they twisted in offroad conditions, ford's version didn't have hi/lo transfer case and that was a big selling point for Quigley.

The Quigley is an actual 50/50 split as in real 4x4. They also had a 2" lift. Ford did warranty their Quigley's for the full 5 years. I guess I need to dig into this a little deeper. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

The Quigley is an actual 50/50 split as in real 4x4. They also had a 2" lift. Ford did warranty their Quigley's for the full 5 years. I guess I need to dig into this a little deeper. 

They also said no good for towing, side doors would open in uneven ground, a friend who works as a ford salesman said they were light duty awd, again never drove one myself. I had a v-10 and a 7.3 Quigley the V-10 was a high top extended version was too big and went through gas like crazy, the 7.3 was an animal, only downside was the engine noise.

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

sort of like when the moooooslem  countries were imploding and the majority of asylum seekers were FUCKING MEN? say no more

• Like 1