Check your account email address ×

Which engine manufacturer...

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

ever looked at the jug part numbers on a 2018 SX?  

(click where used) https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/partsearch/arctic_cat_snowmobile?partsearch=3007-717

or the head on a 2021 ?

(click where used)  https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/partsearch/arctic_cat_snowmobile?partsearch=1904-008

I was comparing some notes with our mutual friend one afternoon... while comparing some particular OEM/AM parts between 2008, 2011 and 2018 and pondering how to make a 2018 run on pump fuel swapping out a few specific items.  ;)

Never really had to.  I think I had enough parts to keep mine running for a lifetime! :bc:

Not sure if that is a good thing or not.

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Never really had to.  I think I had enough parts to keep mine running for a lifetime! :bc:

Not sure if that is a good thing or not.

it's actually rather interesting when you start comparing gaskets, o-rings, jugs, domes and/or single block heads.  then look at low compression dome fitments info on Speedwerx... it's like a jigsaw puzzle of parts that sort've all fit together without knowing specifics about crank swing, rod length or piston height.  :lmao: 

On 2/23/2022 at 1:45 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

would you want to partner with today to develop a new 4S snowmobile engine if you ran a snowmobile company?

I'm torn between Mercury and Honda.

Polaris is going to have to get in the 4S sled game sooner or later.

Honda would be my #1 then zuk  prob better pricing than yamaha and proven to make bullet proof motors 

18 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

That was the same engine as the wildcat trail correct?

If so it would have been a 700.

I have to say my old wildcat trail was a more fun sxs than my 22 rzr trail with the gay as a bag of ducks drive by wire that won't even let you whip a shitty on a dirt road from a stand still . Just fucking lame . 

Wish they still made the wildcat  trail 

5 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I have to say my old wildcat trail was a more fun sxs than my 22 rzr trail with the gay as a bag of ducks drive by wire that won't even let you whip a shitty on a dirt road from a stand still . Just fucking lame . 

My brother had a 15 wildcat trail. It was a 700, not sure why the 3000 name though. I thought that I had heard they were the same engine in zr3000 and bearcat 3000.

Screenshot_20220225-041514_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Sled_Hed

10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

that's be cause so many idiots cant drive and flip them... 
my dealer shit said once a year they have some one flip on in the parking lot..... easy sale i guess lol

2 hours ago, Cwhite138 said:

that's be cause so many idiots cant drive and flip them... 
my dealer shit said once a year they have some one flip on in the parking lot..... easy sale i guess lol

That's what the roll cage is for lol 

On 2/24/2022 at 5:10 AM, Sled_Hed said:

That was the same engine as the wildcat trail correct?

On 2/25/2022 at 12:00 AM, Ez ryder said:

On 2/25/2022 at 12:08 AM, Ziemann said:

Hmmm, I thought that was correct.....

On 2/25/2022 at 5:17 AM, Sled_Hed said:

My brother had a 15 wildcat trail. It was a 700, not sure why the 3000 name though. I thought that I had heard they were the same engine in zr3000 and bearcat 3000.

Screenshot_20220225-041514_Chrome.jpg

3000 sleds got the same 700 twin 4 stroke as the wildcat trail/sport machines.

They received the 3000 moniker because it makes more hp than the 570 fan in the 2000 series, and less than the 500 twin in the 4000 series.  (also 2 strokes used even numbers 2000,4000,6000,8000 while the 4 strokes had odd numbers 3000, 5000, 7000, 9000)

20 hours ago, krom said:

3000 sleds got the same 700 twin 4 stroke as the wildcat trail/sport machines.

They received the 3000 moniker because it makes more hp than the 570 fan in the 2000 series, and less than the 500 twin in the 4000 series.  (also 2 strokes used even numbers 2000,4000,6000,8000 while the 4 strokes had odd numbers 3000, 5000, 7000, 9000)

:bc:

On 2/23/2022 at 5:18 PM, Not greg b said:

And the fact Scott wine said they will have an ev in every product category by 2025 before he left for case. They probably will

Has he been smashing up every prototype case builds to lol 

Edited by Ez ryder

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Has he been smashing up every prototype case builds to lol 

I worked with a guy who started snowmobiling later in life.  Once a year, he’d take a snowmobile vacation with a group of guys who had a lot more experience and rode a lot faster.  Every year, he’d come home with a broken bone and a crashed sled.  Rather than admit he was in over his head, he tried to keep up.

Scott Wine had an obvious reputation.  Was that his problem, was he in over his head (snowmobile-wise)?  Or, was he just so good that he could push the boundaries of any snowmobile and sometimes crossed a very thin line?

6 hours ago, p51mstg said:

I worked with a guy who started snowmobiling later in life.  Once a year, he’d take a snowmobile vacation with a group of guys who had a lot more experience and rode a lot faster.  Every year, he’d come home with a broken bone and a crashed sled.  Rather than admit he was in over his head, he tried to keep up.

Scott Wine had an obvious reputation.  Was that his problem, was he in over his head (snowmobile-wise)?  Or, was he just so good that he could push the boundaries of any snowmobile and sometimes crossed a very thin line?

I dont know he could ride but no better no worst than the average 50 somthing that has been a weekend warrior most if his life . He just did not give a fuck what the engineers told him he went out to see what it could do . I know the proto builders/ engineers would  cringe when Scott wanted to take a yrs work for a spin 

Then after it was wrecked for doing everything tge engineers told him not to do on it he would scrap the project because it did not work lmfao . 

On 2/23/2022 at 1:45 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

Polaris is going to have to get in the 4S sled game sooner or later.

YOU were right :lol:

On 2/23/2022 at 3:05 PM, Bontz said:

Polaris won't get into the 4-stroke game ... if they haven't done it by now, they're gonna stick to their guns IMHO.  And trust me, from what I've heard over the years right from the horse's mouth - there's just zero interest. 

How do you like your crow prepared?

laughing-crows-old-cartoons.gif

22 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

YOU were right :lol:

How do you like your crow prepared?

laughing-crows-old-cartoons.gif

Never had smoked crow ... let's give that a try? :lol2:

I mentioned it in the other thread, but I guess this just shows the new leader of the Snow Division feels differently than the past leadership.  Will be interesting to hear just how well this plays out for them ... other than maybe rental fleets, I don't know how popular that 4-stroker would be for 2023.

42 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I mentioned it in the other thread, but I guess this just shows the new leader of the Snow Division feels differently than the past leadership.  Will be interesting to hear just how well this plays out for them ... other than maybe rental fleets, I don't know how popular that 4-stroker would be for 2023.

I'll check for thrilling new recipes in the CE smoker thread for you.

IDK either, but I can tell you I have more friends and their fathers with unlimited budgets buying 4S sleds than 2S sleds.  My belief is Polaris just didn't want to lose out on this market share.  I also don't know if they'll turbo them right away, but if the engines can withstand customer and rental abuse I would be less than shocked to see them adapt to the next level.  Where they hit a homerun that's being overlooked is fitting it into their existing Matryx chassis unlike BRP which has a defined 4S chassis and 2S chassis or Cat's 'we can fit a Cummin's inline 6 in here' chassis.  Smart move, well played. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

When they put EPS in that 4s, my wife will buy it.  
Smooth - check

No smell - check

Easy steering - check

Wife likes the color - check

Polaris - check

Done, sign the paperwork and let’s get it on the trailer.

39 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'll check for thrilling new recipes in the CE smoker thread for you.

IDK either, but I can tell you I have more friends and their fathers with unlimited budgets buying 4S sleds than 2S sleds.  My belief is Polaris just didn't want to lose out on this market share.  I also don't know if they'll turbo them right away, but if the engines can withstand customer and rental abuse I would be less than shocked to see them adapt to the next level.  Where they hit a homerun that's being overlooked is fitting it into their existing Matryx chassis unlike BRP which has a defined 4S chassis and 2S chassis or Cat's 'we can fit a Cummin's inline 6 in here' chassis.  Smart move, well played. 

I agree 100% - 4s in the MATRYX. For. The. Win.

2 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Smooth - check

No smell - check

Easy steering - check

Polaris - check

just bolt on some ProSteer's with Bergstrom Triple Points, a set of SnowTrackers and a pair of Dooley's... it's just like power steering.

she may want to avoid railroad tracks or magnets though  :lol:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, p51mstg said:

Smooth - check

No smell - check

Easy steering - check

Polaris - check

put her on a t-cat with eps and atac, she'll love it.  it weighs the same as the poo 4 stroke without eps

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, krom said:

put her on a t-cat with eps and atac, she'll love it.  it weighs the same as the poo 4 stroke without eps

I’ve considered that.  If Cat would put eps and a n/a 4s in the budget-friendly ZR Ltd, I think we’d have a sale.