Check your account email address ×

How Automation is going to redefine what it means to work

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

It's okay guys, racer has this all figured out.

All we have to do is come up with millions of new jobs that don't require thinking or labour.

:lol:

We could just make more school teacher....  No thinking or labour involved.  Benefit would be reduced class sizes

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You haven't shown me any facts regarding the questions I have asked.

Why should I take any time to answer unrelated questions that do nothing but demonstrate your ignorance?

4 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

It's okay guys, racer has this all figured out.

All we have to do is come up with millions of new jobs that don't require thinking or labour.

Well, he should qualify for the non thinking jobs...

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Why should I take any time to answer unrelated questions that do nothing but demonstrate your ignorance?

Well, he should qualify for the non thinking jobs...

How do you expect someone to take you serious if you can't answer the simplest of questions?

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

How do you expect someone to take you serious if you can't answer the simplest of questions?

How do you expect people to take you seriously when you ask questions that clearly show you don't understand the discussion?

2 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Read the article stupid.  It has the answer to your question.

I don't need to read the article to know that this type of argument has been going on forever and yet the unemployment rate always seems to remain pretty steady in the US.  Granted, there are some ups and downs, but if this had any type of merit, then it would be steadily going up, since automation is taking the jobs.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

I don't need to read the article to know that this type of argument has been going on forever and yet the unemployment rate always seems to remain pretty steady in the US.  Granted, there are some ups and downs, but if this had any type of merit, then it would be steadily going up, since automation is taking the jobs.

lmao

What a steaming pile

What makes you think the next 20 years will be like the last 20 years?

Do yourself a favour and read the damn article.  You might actually learn something.

:lmao:

42 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Oh boy.  I read it.  I like how he thinks people in the AI field are advocating for UBI.   Can he name someone?  The guy is an author designed to get your attention and he succeeded.

Is predicting AI will lead to a UBI the same as advocating for it?

11 hours ago, Highmark said:

One thing these guys never talk about is who should decide what industries can apply advancements in technology and what ones cannot.  

Care to elaborate?