Check your account email address ×

Sirius Satellite Radio

My Starmate 8 (POS) has been acting up the last 6 months or so, keeps loosing signal.

I have bought 2 installation kits figuring it was the antenna, still fucked up.

Today I called them got a really nice guy in Tech support who informed me, no problem I'll send you over to sales to get your information to ship you a new radio.

This is where I lost my cool.

Sales guy says "sorry, no free radio, but I can give you a discount on a new one"

Not acceptable, this thing has been a POS since day one, bad on me for not calling sooner.

after much back and forth I finally told him to shove the radio up his ass and cancel my subscription, I did tell him to shove it up his ass.

I have been a subscriber for over 10 years and that didn't seem to matter to them at all (so much for competition, they are the only satellite radio people)

I called back a few hours later and was now told I can get a free radio with a 2 year term at $15.99 a month, told him to fuck off as well.

My old subscription was 2 years for a total of $250, still had over half left on it, which they did refund.

vent over, guess I'm back to normal radio.

• Gold Member

Get ready to block a shit load of phone numbers on your phone.  It took about 4 or 5 months of blocking different numbers from sirius but I seem to have got most all of their phone numbers blocked.  Haven't got a call from them for a few weeks now.

They have an "auto-renew only" policy and jack your rates way up if you don't remember when it's finished.  I had 12 months at $7 a month then all of a sudden it was $240 for 12 months all one lump sum.  They won't let a subscription lapse either.  I ended up getting it reduced but not to what it was before.  Can't wait to get a new truck, going with synced Internet radio instead.

I never bothered with Sat radio and did not listen to it much even during the one year free promo on the new vehicles.  Get a call from Sirius asking if I want to subscribe, I tell them I have three cars with Sat, what can they offer as I think there rate is ridiculous for just one car and I do not listen to it much.  They expected me to pay for all three cars with some discount, I tell them there pricing model will bankrupt them and to have a nice day.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I never bothered with Sat radio and did not listen to it much even during the one year free promo on the new vehicles.  Get a call from Sirius asking if I want to subscribe, I tell them I have three cars with Sat, what can they offer as I think there rate is ridiculous for just one car and I do not listen to it much.  They expected me to pay for all three cars with some discount, I tell them there pricing model will bankrupt them and to have a nice day.

I'm on the road all the time so sat radio was good for me.

22 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

What's that ? I have a 2016 F150 but have no idea what that is lol

Through Bluetooth I mean.  Mines an 06 and I have yet to have a vehicle with the ability to link a mobile device, wireless or wired.  With the new GMs you can turn your touchscreen into your phone, looks the same.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Delgaty said:

They have an "auto-renew only" policy and jack your rates way up if you don't remember when it's finished.  I had 12 months at $7 a month then all of a sudden it was $240 for 12 months all one lump sum.  They won't let a subscription lapse either.  I ended up getting it reduced but not to what it was before.  Can't wait to get a new truck, going with synced Internet radio instead.

Mine doesn't auto renew. They wanted to do that but I told them no and there is no way I would allow them to automatically bill my credit card. When it came up for renewal last December the service stopped automatically. I called them up and they wanted an outrageous amount to renew but I asked them to pass me through to the customer retention / loyalty dept. I told them I don't spend that much time in the truck and their normal rate just wasn't worth it to me. I told them if they wanted to keep me as a customer they needed to be essentially the same amount as they were the year before since that is all I was willing to pay. They said okay. It was about $85 for the year plus tax. I expect to do the same this December when I lose the service.  

As for wireless devices, my 2011 F150 has Bluetooth where it synchs with my truck. Push a button on the wheel and I have voice access to the phone.

Edited by 02sled

You really need to watch those fuckers when you give them your CC.  They keep it on file and will charge upcoming subscriptions even when you tell them to lose the number after making the current charge.  It's happened to me time after time.

Last time I talked to them, I got a new "free" radio receiver for my office.  They told me it was going to be a $30 activation and shipping fee.  I told them to keep it.  Tech person supposedly talked to the manager and decided to keep it a free radio and not charge for shipping or activation.  You have to watch them every second!!

• Gold Member
11 hours ago, Delgaty said:

Through Bluetooth I mean.  Mines an 06 and I have yet to have a vehicle with the ability to link a mobile device, wireless or wired.  With the new GMs you can turn your touchscreen into your phone, looks the same.  

Dude just go buy a 20$ FM transmitter for the time being.

13 hours ago, dz246 said:

I get crappy reception in my truck too. Thought i read somewhere it was from cellphone towers.

I've had it on 3 vehicles now and it rarely gets used  during  the 6 months that's included, and never gets renewed. Same will apply to the next one that's gonna be picked up in the next few days 

So far I haven't had any problems with signal loss except for one spot on the 400 near Wonderland. There is a building on the west side with a large white almost cactus like antenna system outside the building. The satellite radio cuts out momentarily every time we pass it.

16 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I've had it on 3 vehicles now and it rarely gets used  during  the 6 months that's included, and never gets renewed. Same will apply to the next one that's gonna be picked up in the next few days 

next what....

:pc: 

7 hours ago, dz246 said:

next what....

:pc: 

Possibly a SHO.  I'm also having him see if another dealer still has an AWD Flex Limited that I saw online late tonight 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

I'm surprised the Clinton's don't have a fleet of Tauruses.  You could put 10 bodies in the trunk of those cars!!  I rented one a couple of years ago in FL.  Nice car with a huge trunk.  :bc: