Check your account email address ×

Contractor files $2 million lawsuit against Trump for unpaid bills

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Change orders or change in scope are different.  Most of those projects were greatly underbid just to get the work and then they would go after any and every extra they could possibly think of.  When you have multiple bidders we used to say, who is the sucker who got this one?   Most of the work we do today with consulting engineers (also generals) have what is called GMP (Guaranteed Maximum Price) and is usually expected at around 60% design review.  They are the ones who are paying for the mistakes, not the end customer.  But it is the customer who gets the lien if any.

We prefer working direct with the end users as there is rarely any questions regarding scope changes.

I know anytime I have dealt with anything that was a true change in scope its just something the project managers required to get signed off on by the client but it was really at the end of the day just a change order although usually large.:)

23 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I am sure IceDouchebag was OK when Paul Martin did the same with Canadian Steamship Lines, ie let his sons run it, except in Paul's case the Canadian government gave CSL over 300 million in untendered contracts and let them fly a flag of convenience to avoid Canadian labour rules.

Actually Paul Martin sold CSL to his sons.

Did Trump sell his company/companies?  No.

29 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Possible and its possible he didn't.  

Hey the next time you're at the WH say hello to Don, Melania and Barron for us.  I never would have guess you were so close to him to have such intimate knowledge of how he does business.    

Its the court records that are public that prove he is a crook.

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Yep, have to see the details of the contract.   Quite possible the contractor simply got in over his head on what they promised.   Had to work OT to meet deadlines and now wants to sue because Trump is POTUS.  

You have no clue on how the construction contracting business works.

6 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Quite possible Trumpco fucked him over. If I was a betting man looking at his screw many contractors in the past style I would say he was fucked by Trump.

You'd have to me a man first, in order to be a betting man. Since you're a Liberal , who pees sitting down, that leaves you out 

4 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

You'd have to me a man first, in order to be a betting man. Since you're a Liberal , who pees sitting down, that leaves you out 

I would say a guy who picks fights on the net like you do all the time isnt a man either.

Edited by Dave

2 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Go pester Wolverton, you fat pussy. You're nothing but an annoying fat pile of shit. 

You stop threatening people....I will leave you alone ya big baby.

18 hours ago, Mainecat said:

They happen all the time when anyone does business with the urine geek

As was already stated disputes over billing happen in business all the time. Especially when the bill is being paid by large business. Often invoices are padded, and sometimes quite a bit in anticipation that someone in the account payable dept will just pay it without question. I've even seen totally bogus invoices from companies we didn't do business with just hoping that they would get sent a cheque. If it's only a few hundred $s often nobody looks to deep.

18 hours ago, Mainecat said:

so its OK to fuck over your contractors....check.

You clowns would defend him on any front

So it's okay in your world for the contractor to "fuck over" the customer? You need to get in touch with reality. 

18 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That happens a lot.  Municipal projects I have worked on in the past even had penalty clauses for being late.

Every every contract job I have hired contractors for had penalties for being late. If it wasn't ready on time we wouldn't be able to meet our obligations to our customers and we would be penalized so we weren't going to eat the loss due to the contractor screwing up. Hence the penalty clause.

18 hours ago, Momorider said:

He isn't running his company his sons are they are the ones being sued you clown, they will resolve it, what is so hard to get about that FACT :flush:

Actually it is the limited liability company being sued not even the sons

17 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Every every contract job I have hired contractors for had penalties for being late. If it wasn't ready on time we wouldn't be able to meet our obligations to our customers and we would be penalized so we weren't going to eat the loss due to the contractor screwing up. Hence the penalty clause.

Well the municipalities didn't really have any 'real losses' since they weren't even running the plants until they were fully commissioned.  I have never accepted penalty clauses, since most of the delays were from installation (electrical and mechanical contractors) and truthfully most private sector customers do not ask.  Also, electrical can't really do much until most of the equipment has been put in place.  The ones who do, we politely say no and then they agree delays are not likely going to be caused by us.  The rare ones who insist, we will pass.

On Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 2:04 PM, Mainecat said:

Quite possible Trumpco fucked him over. If I was a betting man looking at his screw many contractors in the past style I would say he was fucked by Trump.

If you were a betting man, you'd have lost your shirt believing the Washington Post. :lol:

• Like 1