Check your account email address ×

Contractor files $2 million lawsuit against Trump for unpaid bills

• Platinum Contributing Member
21 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

You have no clue on how the construction contracting business works.

I know enough.   I completely designed the layout and was a part of every step of our 90,000 sq ft factory.  Basically was the general on the whole project.   There are changes, delays, all kinds of hiccups and I know how things are handled can but always are not detailed in the contract.  If they are not and deadlines are or are not met it can be ugly.  

I also have built a fairly large home,   4000 sqft building and nice cabin on my property.  I've learned enough to know there can be multiple sides to each story.  

47 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I know enough.   I completely designed the layout and was a part of every step of our 90,000 sq ft factory.  Basically was the general on the whole project.   There are changes, delays, all kinds of hiccups and I know how things are handled can but always are not detailed in the contract.  If they are not and deadlines are or are not met it can be ugly.  

I also have built a fairly large home,   4000 sqft building and nice cabin on my property.  I've learned enough to know there can be multiple sides to each story.  

Fuck you.

Vin knows all.

/sarcasm 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

The hotel was a 200 million dollar project that was put on an accelerated schedule, Lend Lease was the GC and more than likely they had Freestate doing the CO's under a directive, I could be wrong about knowing more than you about this kind of thing.

How fast do you want to go? I don't care if it's planes, trains, automobiles, boats, snowmobiles, construction........it all comes down to how much do you want to spend.

A Maryland-based electrical contractor claims they worked "nonstop" to get President Trump's new Washington hotel ready in time for a televised campaign stop in September — and then got stiffed on the bill.

AES Electrical, which is also known as Freestate Electrical, has filed suit in Washington D.C.'s Superior Court to recoup the $2,075,731.61 it claims it is still owed for helping turn the Old Post Office into the luxury Trump International Hotel.

Image: Rehearsal For Presidential Inauguration Held In Washington DC

Vehicles participating in an inaugural parade rehearsal pass by the Trump Internationa Hotel, January 15, 2017 in Washington, DC. On January 20 President-elect Donald Trump with be sworn in as the nation's 45th president. Mark Wilson / Getty Images

In addition to the Trump Organization, it names Trump's contractor, Lend Lease of New York, in the suit.

Freestate states in court papers that it began working on the project on Sept. 29, 2014 and was ordered to "accelerate work" last fall.

The reason? "To permit Mr. Trump's nationally televised campaign event from the Hotel on September 16, 2016, which was to honor U.S. veterans," the papers state.

Also, the Trump hotel had already started booking "paid events" and rooms for a "soft opening" on Sept. 12.

To get the work done on time, the company claims, "required Freestate's crews to work nonstop, seven days per week, 10 to 14 hours per day, for nearly 50 consecutive days, prior to the 'soft opening,' at significant additional cost and expense for which Freestate expected payment."

Freestate claims it continued to work at the same pace to ensure the hotel was ready for its "grand opening" on Oct. 26.

"The 'grand opening' of the Trump Hotel by this day, was also a nationally covered event, which was planned just prior to the U.S. presidential election," the suit states. "Although Mr. Trump's Hotel has now been opened and has operated for business since September 2016, and despite the fact that Mr. Trump was successfully elected as the next U.S. President, Trump refuses to pay the sums due for the account of work of subcontractors, like Freestate."

Freestate, which states in the suit that it has thus far been paid $15,130,267.39, said that when it submitted the bill for the extra costs, the Trump organization offered to pay just a third of the bill.

42 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The hotel was a 200 million dollar project that was put on an accelerated schedule, Lend Lease was the GC and more than likely they had Freestate doing the CO's under a directive, I could be wrong about knowing more than you about this kind of thing.

How fast do you want to go? I don't care if it's planes, trains, automobiles, boats, snowmobiles, construction........it all comes down to how much do you want to spend.

Well they might only be telling part of the story or maybe not.  If they had a agreed upon completion date when they signed the contract,  then its their responsibility to get it done on time.  More than likely there are some half truths in all this.  

Some questions.

Did they get a PO for expediting completion?

Did they get signed time sheets for approved overtime?

If not I doubt any judge is going to give them shit.