Check your account email address ×

Polaris boost past break in

Rod

57 minutes ago, ACE said:

Fuck. Around 195 hp

if they made the axys a lot less tippy somehow and put it in a trail sled omg 

But their dyno starts @6000 rpm and goes ruhh-ruhhhh-ruhhhh to peak power,,,,gotta get that dyno to boom!!! right to peak like Dynoports,,,,cuz he gots flywheels!!!

3 hours ago, ACE said:

Fuck. Around 195 hp

Or an SKS 146 with a 5 year engine warranty please.  

Edited by DriftBusta

10 minutes ago, Legend said:

Kind of a waste to spend that much for a turbo thats only pushing 3lbs of boost at 900 ft.....

Imagine if it made 0lbs at 900’

*looks at ski doo*

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Or an SKS 146 with a 5 year engine warranty please.  

I'm considering snowchecking an XCR this spring as long as I can get a 4 or 5 year warranty.  At least my Polaris friends will tow me home without much hassle and the dealer will fix it for free.

37 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I'm considering snowchecking an XCR this spring as long as I can get a 4 or 5 year warranty.  At least my Polaris friends will tow me home without much hassle and the dealer will fix it for free.

I doubt a 4-5 year warranty would happen but I'd jump on it  if they did.  But next sled I buy I'm getting the longest one I can from the start.  I've had two sleds in a row blow up and motor repair costs resulted in totals on both of them 17 Assault 800 with 4000 miles, 19 Ski Doo 900 turbo.   THey quoted me 11 grand for a new motor on a sled I paid 12,800 for the year before.  That said, I'd trust that Doo motor long term, just make sure I never roll one without a tether on.  wtf.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I doubt a 4-5 year warranty would happen but I'd jump on it  if they did.  But next sled I buy I'm getting the longest one I can from the start.  I've had two sleds in a row blow up and motor repair costs resulted in totals on both of them 17 Assault 800 with 4000 miles, 19 Ski Doo 900 turbo.   THey quoted me 11 grand for a new motor on a sled I paid 12,800 for the year before.  That said, I'd trust that Doo motor long term, just make sure I never roll one without a tether on.  wtf.

That's kind of a freak thing to blow the motor like that.  The PWC guys beat the hell out of those 900 ACE motors in their Sparks and they are pretty much bulletproof.  SeaDoo tunes the entry level ones to 60 HP and then the aftermarket guys flash them to 110-120 HP with no reliability issues.

2 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

That's kind of a freak thing to blow the motor like that.  The PWC guys beat the hell out of those 900 ACE motors in their Sparks and they are pretty much bulletproof.  SeaDoo tunes the entry level ones to 60 HP and then the aftermarket guys flash them to 110-120 HP with no reliability issues.

Yeah, it was a freak thing.  The motors have proven to be pretty damn bulletproof otherwise.  And it was only because my brother and I were fucking around off trail.  Normal trail riding that scenario wouldn't have applied.

5 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Good to know btw on those Seadoos.  I'm looking for one in the spring  that I can bolt onto the back of my boat.  :bc: 

18 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Bro you can buy a remanufactured one from indy specialties for like $4k. 

3 hours ago, ACE said:

Only new 2 stroke is trust yet is cat 

The 600 has been good. The 800 ctech has been a nightmare. Everyone I personally know has blown theirs up including my self. One of my friends has been through 2 major crank failures. One on his 19 and one on his 21. Both times just over2,000 miles 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Anler said:

Bro you can buy a remanufactured one from indy specialties for like $4k. 

The issue was it was a month minimum before my dealer could get to it, and it would be on their terms.  Riding season is short and sketchy enough as it is.  I just bought a new one and flushed the Assault as is.  Didn't miss a weekend.

On 12/13/2021 at 4:16 PM, ACE said:

Fuck. Around 195 hp

Bikeman is a scam artist. A buddy of mine put their full kit on his 850 axis it was slower than a stocker with some minor clutch adjustments. 

10 hours ago, Not greg b said:

The 600 has been good. The 800 ctech has been a nightmare. Everyone I personally know has blown theirs up including my self. One of my friends has been through 2 major crank failures. One on his 19 and one on his 21. Both times just over2,000 miles 

Lol no. Give it up Greg.  

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

Bikeman is a scam artist. A buddy of mine put their full kit on his 850 axis it was slower than a stocker with some minor clutch adjustments. 

I find most kits like that. Clutch kits are dumb 

6 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

This wasn't clutching. This was full exhaust and other stuff

Not defending Bikeman but no "full exhaust and other stuff" kit is going to work without the proper clutching