Check your account email address ×

How pissed would you be...

33 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I think you can still find a halfway decent one for around 4k.  Keep in mind, it's December and alot of people just saw snow.  Even in regular years, this is by far the worst time and dumbest time to be buying a sled.

Since alot of these people are loose with their money, they may be dumping sleds for deals in a few months so they can over pay for a summer toy

There's a few well kept ones from 4-5 but with miles.  There's also some rats people want 4 for.  That's the funny part of it, I paid $3900 for the stock 2010 with 600 miles on it.  Paid $4k for the 720.  Have a bit of $ tied up in that one now though. 😆 

Both currently for sale with trailer as a package 'deal' for $100,000 :lol:

30 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

I am honestly debating on selling my 6000 in Feb to reduce the summer storage haha. 

I loved my SnoPros. The problem is finding one that isn't beat to shit or complete overpriced. 

My dealer tried calling me twice yesterday evening while I was on a call. I have my fingers crossed that he has an alternative solution for me. It pays to have a great dealer....

As another option that is out there, I'm seeing some inventory over in Ironwood. 

Edited by Ziemann

14 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

There's a few well kept ones from 4-5 but with miles.  There's also some rats people want 4 for.  That's the funny part of it, I paid $3900 for the stock 2010 with 600 miles on it.  Paid $4k for the 720.  Have a bit of $ tied up in that one now though. 😆 

Would you take $125,000?

5 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

I loved my SnoPros. The problem is finding one that isn't beat to shit or complete overpriced. 

My dealer tried calling me twice yesterday evening while I was on a call. I have my fingers crossed that he has an alternative solution for me. It pays to have a great dealer....

As another option that is out there, I'm seeing some inventory over in Ironwood. 

I wish I was in the same position, with a great dealer.  The pessimist in me is wondering if that's not part of my issue ... new dealer, and the fact they took over from my previous dealer, makes me wonder how F'd up things are with this "transition" and Polaris handling that situation.  If this was my old dealer, I know I'd have some sort of backup plan already in place.  That's what irritates me more than anything - I really wish I could've been given the choice as to where my snowcheck order went vs. it going to this new place by default.

Good luck with the follow-up call Brian .. I hope your dealer has good news for ya :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I wish I was in the same position, with a great dealer.  The pessimist in me is wondering if that's not part of my issue ... new dealer, and the fact they took over from my previous dealer, makes me wonder how F'd up things are with this "transition" and Polaris handling that situation.  If this was my old dealer, I know I'd have some sort of backup plan already in place.  That's what irritates me more than anything - I really wish I could've been given the choice as to where my snowcheck order went vs. it going to this new place by default.

Good luck with the follow-up call Brian .. I hope your dealer has good news for ya :thumbsup:

A good dealer has never been more important. And, that dealer's relationship at corporate Polaris. I have to believe that there'll be other folks backing out of their orders that will move me up in line. 

• Like 2

UPDATE-

Well- The good news is that my dealer is working on an alternate sled for me. He has a couple of options, and one is showing as enroute. The question is whether it will arrive complete or not. The shipping on another unit has been moved up and should ship before the end of the month. Either one would be acceptable to me. Color & track length really don't matter to me as much as simply having a 650 in the Matryx chassis. That is what I really want. 

Again- Dealer, Dealer, Dealer. So critical when things go to hell. I have been nothing but impressed with my dealer and his communication.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Can I give you a case of Black Label and two swisher sweets to hold it for me until I get paid this Friday? 

15 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Can I give you a case of Black Label and two swisher sweets to hold it for me until I get paid this Friday? 

Let me think about it... 

No. 

:)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Let me think about it... 

No. 

:)

Ok. 3 40’s of Colt 45 and a pack of Black and Milds. Final offer. 

5 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Ok. 3 40’s of Colt 45 and a pack of Black and Milds. Final offer. 

hard pass

wait, did you say 40's?

let me reconsider...

I heard nothing good about this parts back up yesterday.  If your sled is in “delayed mode” and you aren’t looking for an alternative purchase right now, you should just accept that your riding will most likely be non-existent this year.

Un-fucking-real.  Smh.

I was shocked to see the guy who DID take delivery of his 2022 (EIGHT FIDDY HYPERSLED!) promptly blew it up in the first 100+ miles ... and I say I'm shocked because he must have a horseshoe up his ass - he's getting a crate engine to replace the grenaded one in less than a week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I was shocked to see the guy who DID take delivery of his 2022 (EIGHT FIDDY HYPERSLED!) promptly blew it up in the first 100+ miles ... and I say I'm shocked because he must have a horseshoe up his ass - he's getting a crate engine to replace the grenaded one in less than a week.

Did they order two so he has another one waiting for next time?

WTF 100 miles.  Even you Polaris die hard faithful guys like you bontz, don't you guys look at that and say wtf?  I mean what going to be different with the crate motor as compared to the factory one?  It's no wonder you guys buy new you kind of have to keep it in warranty.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Did they order two so he has another one waiting for next time?

WTF 100 miles.  Even you Polaris die hard faithful guys like you bontz, don't you guys look at that and say wtf?  I mean what going to be different with the crate motor as compared to the factory one?  It's no wonder you guys buy new you kind of have to keep it in warranty.

You keep calling me die hard faithful ... I'm far from that :lol: My "loyalty" to Polaris has been to my dealer of the past 12-13 years and that's the only reason.  Well, I take that back ... I also have had zero issues with my Polaris engines, with the exception of my 2012 that blew up after I fucked around and put a "Lack-of-Durability" Kit in it at 3K miles (thank you, BMP :thumbsdown:).  Now that my dealer is gone/retired, I'm a FREE AGENT!!  All the shit seen on the internet hasn't plagued our group of Polaris sleds .. again, the exception being my 2012 and another buddy who drove his 2014 Indy 800 way too long without doing proper maintenance (fuel sock cost him) - so I tend to take a lot of the drama with the engines being junk as entertainment & internet fodder.  The local Cat dealer is a good guy, and I've been chatting with him on what he potentially can get in January.  But if my XCR shows up by then, I'll go with that because the price I locked in on it is way too good to pass up.  Plus, it's a SIX-50 and I want to give that a try.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

You keep calling me die hard faithful ... I'm far from that :lol: My "loyalty" to Polaris has been to my dealer of the past 12-13 years and that's the only reason.  Well, I take that back ... I also have had zero issues with my Polaris engines, with the exception of my 2012 that blew up after I fucked around and put a "Lack-of-Durability" Kit in it at 3K miles (thank you, BMP :thumbsdown:).  Now that my dealer is gone/retired, I'm a FREE AGENT!!  All the shit seen on the internet hasn't plagued our group of Polaris sleds .. again, the exception being my 2012 and another buddy who drove his 2014 Indy 800 way too long without doing proper maintenance (fuel sock cost him) - so I tend to take a lot of the drama with the engines being junk as entertainment & internet fodder.  The local Cat dealer is a good guy, and I've been chatting with him on what he potentially can get in January.  But if my XCR shows up by then, I'll go with that because the price I locked in on it is way too good to pass up.  Plus, it's a SIX-50 and I want to give that a try.

Can't really make a judgment on an engine going down without knowing the details. Too many newbies in the sport to know exactly how it was treated.

3 hours ago, Bontz said:

would have never happened with an F7

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bontz said:

Probably is very confident that the new motor will hold up. I know that I would.

4 hours ago, mnstang said:

@mnstang

Compared to what? The flame throwing Cat 800's that burned down the last 3 years that dealers couldn't get parts for causing folks to lose their entire riding season?

In reality, I think the failures are freak accidents and not representative of a common issue for either Cat or Poo. 

Tho, I'd frankly have more confidence in getting a crate engine or parts for a Poo that is down versus the Cat 800. 

The guys that I know that have Cat 800 C-tecs absolutely love them and have had great luck. I know that I had several flawless C-tec 600's from Cat. 

2 hours ago, Ziemann said:

@mnstang

Compared to what? The flame throwing Cat 800's that burned down the last 3 years that dealers couldn't get parts for causing folks to lose their entire riding season?

In reality, I think the failures are freak accidents and not representative of a common issue for either Cat or Poo. 

Tho, I'd frankly have more confidence in getting a crate engine or parts for a Poo that is down versus the Cat 800. 

The guys that I know that have Cat 800 C-tecs absolutely love them and have had great luck. I know that I had several flawless C-tec 600's from Cat. 

I'm not comparing to anything, that's your brand glasses showing through.   I'd look at it and say wtf if it was any brand.  In this case it just happens to be the same brand that's been having motor problems for 20 years.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I'm not comparing to anything, that's your brand glasses showing through.   I'd look at it and say wtf if it was any brand.  In this case it just happens to be the same brand that's been having motor problems for 20 years.

You’ve got to be one of the worst brand loyal people I know so I’m not sure why anyone would take what you say, on that same subject, with even a grain of salt.