Check your account email address ×

What the Michigan school shooters parents were called to the school for.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Teacher found a note.  I have to say I'm surprised that he wasn't asked immediately to leave with the parents for counseling. 

Then on the morning of the shooting, Ethan's teacher noticed an alarming note on his desk that contained drawings of a semi-automatic handgun, a bullet and a person being shot twice with the phrases "the thoughts won't stop, help me," "blood everywhere," "my life is useless" and "the world is dead"

The prosecutor said Ethan and his parents were immediately summoned to a meeting, during which they were told they were required to get their son into counseling within 48 hours. 

At that meeting, the parents were shown Ethan’s drawing but portions of it were scratched out by Ethan beforehand, such as the drawing of the gun and bloody figure, McDonald said. 

She noted that the parents resisted the idea of their son leaving school at that time and departed the building without him. He then returned to the classroom and hours later drew the weapon from his backpack and started firing, prosecutors allege.   

Then when news of the shooting became public, Jennifer Crumbley texted her son at 1:22 p.m., "Ethan, don’t do it," McDonald said.  

Fifteen minutes later, James Crumbley called 911 to report a gun missing from his house and that he believed his son might be the shooter, she added.

"Further investigation revealed that the Sig Sauer 9mm handgun purchased by James Crumbley was stored unlocked in a drawer in James and Jennifer's bedroom," McDonald said. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-school-shooting-ethan-crumbleys-parents-charged

Edited by Highmark

40 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Teacher found a note.  I have to say I'm surprised that he wasn't asked immediately to leave with the parents for counseling. 

Then on the morning of the shooting, Ethan's teacher noticed an alarming note on his desk that contained drawings of a semi-automatic handgun, a bullet and a person being shot twice with the phrases "the thoughts won't stop, help me," "blood everywhere," "my life is useless" and "the world is dead"

The prosecutor said Ethan and his parents were immediately summoned to a meeting, during which they were told they were required to get their son into counseling within 48 hours. 

At that meeting, the parents were shown Ethan’s drawing but portions of it were scratched out by Ethan beforehand, such as the drawing of the gun and bloody figure, McDonald said. 

She noted that the parents resisted the idea of their son leaving school at that time and departed the building without him. He then returned to the classroom and hours later drew the weapon from his backpack and started firing, prosecutors allege.   

Then when news of the shooting became public, Jennifer Crumbley texted her son at 1:22 p.m., "Ethan, don’t do it," McDonald said.  

Fifteen minutes later, James Crumbley called 911 to report a gun missing from his house and that he believed his son might be the shooter, she added.

"Further investigation revealed that the Sig Sauer 9mm handgun purchased by James Crumbley was stored unlocked in a drawer in James and Jennifer's bedroom," McDonald said. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-school-shooting-ethan-crumbleys-parents-charged

This story makes zero fucking sense. You mean to tell me the parents just bought a hand gun four days before and the kid does this drawing and no one bothers to search the kid to see if he has a gun??? If this story is true the school and the parents should be charged and if it's true it seems to me they let it happen

And off they run…..

Parents Of Michigan Shooter Have Gone Missing After Charges Filed

Source: 1430 KASI

The parents of the Michigan high school shooting suspect have reportedly gone missing after being charged in relation to the incident, CNN reports. 

Local authorities confirmed they are searching for James and Jennifer Crumbley, the parents of accused Oxford High School shooter Ethan Crumbley, hours after they were each announced to face four counts of homicide involuntary manslaughter on Friday (December 3). 

The parents were scheduled for an arraignment at 4:00 p.m. ET. 

On Thursday (December 2), Oxford County prosecutor Karen McDonald criticized Crumbley's parents' actions as being "far beyond negligence" in relation to the incident and said a charging decision was expected to come by Friday.

Read more: https://1430kasi.iheart.com/content/2021-12-03-parents-of-michigan-shooter-have-gone-missing-after-charges-filed/ 

I can tell you this, from looking at the photos this kid was not “one of the beautiful people “. I remember high school, one of the worst social settings ever. Adolescent hormone driven brains with zero compassion for others,  especially those not in their click, or interest group like sports. I’m not making any excuse for the shooting in any way, but there always is a cause. This kid was all but waving a flag of his intentions. The school and parents really dropped the ball. 

1 minute ago, Phenom said:

I can tell you this, from looking at the photos this kid was not “one of the beautiful people “. I remember high school, one of the worst social settings ever. Adolescent hormone driven brains with zero compassion for others,  especially those not in their click, or interest group like sports. I’m not making any excuse for the shooting in any way, but there always is a cause. This kid was all but waving a flag of his intentions. The school and parents really dropped the ball. 

They always do. Only thing missing is  a sign around his neck saying " im a loser and I have nothing to live for, but I aint going down alone"

1 hour ago, Phenom said:

Being married to a school administrator it's not that easy, if the parents don't give consent the school is required to have an evaluation by social services and ends up being a long drawn out process, it kind of goes back to "no child left behind" legislation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, airflite1 said:

Being married to a school administrator it's not that easy, if the parents don't give consent the school is required to have an evaluation by social services and ends up being a long drawn out process, it kind of goes back to "no child left behind" legislation.

Yeah maybe but they could have just summarily suspended him I believe. 

28 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Yeah maybe but they could have just summarily suspended him I believe. 

I'm sure that was the intent when the parents were called in, but it says they left without him and the schools can''t just put a minor out on the street, I have a feeling that's one of the reasons the parents are charged.

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Parents have been arrested…found in a warehouse or some such shit….their lawyer is the same one that defended POS Pedophile Rapist Larry Nassar.

Yep hiding in the basement