Check your account email address ×

what's trump going to do about.....

Not much.

The US has an almost $60 billion trade deficit with Mexico and a $365 billion trade deficit with China.  

The US's trade deficit with Canada represents roughly 2.5% of our trade totals.  It's essentially balanced.

6 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Not much.

The US has an almost $60 billion trade deficit with Mexico and a $365 billion trade deficit with China.  

The US's trade deficit with Canada represents roughly 2.5% of our trade totals.  It's essentially balanced.

going to get anymore auto plants up

there? 

46 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Nothing, he feels bad enough Canada has momo (man on man oral).

I still don't believe Momo is Canadian. He is too much of a fuck up.

29 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Does that deficit include Energy or is this trade deficit just manufactured products.

•  
  • U.S. goods exports to Canada in 2015 were $280 billion, down 10% ($32 billion) from 2014 but up 32% from 2005. U.S. exports to Canada are up 179% from 1993 (pre-NAFTA). U.S. exports to Canada account for 18.6% of overall U.S. exports in 2015.

• The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2015 were: vehicles ($48 billion), machinery ($43 billion), electrical machinery ($25 billion), mineral fuels ($21 billion), and plastics ($13 billion).
  •  
  • U.S. goods imports from Canada totaled $295 billion in 2015, down 15% ($53 billion) from 2014, but up 1.7% from 2005. U.S. imports from Canada are up 165% from 1993 (pre-NAFTA).

• The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2015 were: mineral fuels ($70 billion), vehicles ($55 billion), machinery ($20 billion), special other (returns) ($14 billion), and plastics ($11 billion).

U.S. goods and services trade with Canada totaled an estimated $662.7 billion in 2015. Exports were $337.3 billion; imports were $325.4 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade surplus with Canada was $11.9 billion in 2015.

Canada is currently our 2nd largest goods trading partner with $575 billion in total (two way) goods trade during 2015. Goods exports totaled $280 billion; goods imports totaled $295 billion. The U.S. goods trade deficit with Canada was $15 billion in 2015.

Trade in services with Canada (exports and imports) totaled an estimated $87.5 billion in 2015. Services exports were $57.3 billion; services imports were $30.2 billion. The U.S. services trade surplus with Canada was $27.1 billion in 2015.

According to the Department of Commerce, U.S. exports of goods and services to Canada supported an estimated 1.7 million jobs in 2014 (latest data available) (1.3 million supported by goods exports and 394 thousand supported by services exports).

51 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Nothing because Canada amounts to a pisshole in the snow :lol:

In the US trade deficit you are 100% right. But hopefully with Trump that deficit will grow substantially. Build that pipeline and stop buying oil of oil the ME  :bc:

3 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

In the US trade deficit you are 100% right. But hopefully with Trump that deficit will grow substantially. Build that pipeline and stop buying oil of oil the ME  :bc:

The more business with Canada and less elsewhere is great with me , most other Americans too .  :bc:

5 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

The more business with Canada and less elsewhere is great with me , most other Americans too .  :bc:

:bc: we live on the same continent. Hell take our Moose,Beaver and better beer away and we're practically Americans. Only thing holding us back is people like Justin Bieber, Nickelback and Celin Dion  :lmao:

oh and and I almost forgot momo. 

Edited by Ebsell

• Gold Member
6 hours ago, spin_dry said:

.....the $10 plus billion dollar trade deficit with Canada? 

4 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

• The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2015 were: mineral fuels ($70 billion), vehicles ($55 billion), machinery ($20 billion), special other (returns) ($14 billion), and plastics ($11 billion).

So what trump will do about it is open up federal lands for oil for drilling.  The US should be able to reduce that 70 billion in import of mineral fuels by 10 billion by pumping oil from federal lands making our trade with canada equal.  Easy Peasy!!!!

1 hour ago, Ebsell said:

:bc: we live on the same continent. Hell take our Moose,Beaver and better beer away and we're practically Americans. Only thing holding us back is people like Justin Bieber, Nickelback and Celin Dion  :lmao:

Hey now.  Nickelback isn't all bad.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Ebsell said:

You forgot your Beebs

13 hours ago, BOHICA said:

So what trump will do about it is open up federal lands for oil for drilling.  The US should be able to reduce that 70 billion in import of mineral fuels by 10 billion by pumping oil from federal lands making our trade with canada equal.  Easy Peasy!!!!

He should. Because a lot of it hasn't been refined. It would probably improve things for Canadians if we were forced to refine the oil for our own use. We also sell a lot of cheap electricity to the US. I think we should sell it cheap to Canadian manufacturers instead. That will help keep heavy industry competitive.