Check your account email address ×

Ivermectin….

Mainecat

19x10 porch roof, stucco a chimney, and repair an older rubber roof. 

He said 4 men for two days. That's about $1600.00 for the laborers. 

Cement for chimney about $100.00

Rubber roof membrane, plus adhesives ...$1000.00  ???? 

That's $2700.00

Where's the other $5700.00?????  :dunno:

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Why ?

It's too much money. I don't mind a guy making a buck, but not a killing.  

Nobody does this work anymore, so they can pick and choose, and charge a ton. 

I know somebody that does this kind of work, booked for weeks if not months. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

It's too much money. I don't mind a guy making a buck, but not a killing.  

Nobody does this work anymore, so they can pick and choose, and charge a ton. 

I know somebody that does this kind of work, booked for weeks if not months. 

You are talking about a trade that cannot be done everyday. Then you add in the risk and danger. There is nothing wrong with a dude making a grand a day for the days he can do the work. Not to mention he isnt going to be doing it at 60 yrs old as that kind of work destroys a body.

• Like 1

All these roofers know their shit. They are smart businessmen. 

I call them for a patch-job, and the next thing I know they are giving me estimates for $19,000.00, or $8400.00. 

They never just offer to do the patch job, like I originally called them for. 

I feel like telling them to go fuck themselves. I know that I should rip the whole fukkin roof, and put down a new one, but That's not what I want for now. 

• Gold Member
20 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Yeah $8400.00 for  a couple of small roof jobs, and some chimney work. I'll never see that money again. 

At least you won’t have to empty buckets of water every time it rains or dry out your carpet. 8,400 is cheap to be dry and mold free.

9 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

19x10 porch roof, stucco a chimney, and repair an older rubber roof. 

He said 4 men for two days. That's about $1600.00 for the laborers. 

Cement for chimney about $100.00

Rubber roof membrane, plus adhesives ...$1000.00  ???? 

That's $2700.00

Where's the other $5700.00?????  :dunno:

Well lets take a look

Unemployment is around 20% of payroll now for a roofer thanks to covid and a yr of people getting paid to sit at home. 

Workmans comp on a roofer is running about 42 % of payroll , so there is another $672

Liability ins is about 7% of the total cost of the job theres another $588

Ya have to factor in truck repair and replacement.

Cell phone and or landline bill

Advertising

The time he spent doing the estimate . 

$100 for the tools his employees will break while doing the job. 

There are a lot of associated costs that folks dont even think about.

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Well lets take a look

Unemployment is around 20% of payroll now for a roofer thanks to covid and a yr of people getting paid to sit at home. 

Workmans comp on a roofer is running about 42 % of payroll , so there is another $672

Advertising

Don’t confuse the blowhard with facts and reality. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Well lets take a look

Advertising

This is true.  

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I guess I was right again.  Not to hard to figure out some on this forum.  It's ok to be fruggle, but don't cheat others out of what they do when you may do the same. 

Can you put that in English?  

5 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Yeah, pay them for the work.  You need it done and you are not willing to do it yourself, so just pay them.  Otherwise, if you haggled with me, I would say find someone else.  They are not getting rich off of a 10k to 20k job. You are providing a fine example of the quote " the high cost of being cheap"

Edited by racer254

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Yeah, pay them for the work.  You need it done and you are not willing to do it yourself, so just pay them.  Otherwise, if you haggled with me, I would say find someone else.  They are not getting rich off of a 10k to 20k job. You are providing a fine example of the quote " the high cost of being cheap"

Cheap fucks always end up paying 10x more anyways. This idiot is a perfect example buys the cheapest junk he can at home depot and sure enough 8yrs later doing it again and making the same mistake of wanting cheap cheap cheap. Had he paid up and done it right the first time he’d be long dead before it needed to be done again. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Cheap fucks always end up paying 10x more anyways. This idiot is a perfect example buys the cheapest junk he can at home depot and sure enough 8yrs later doing it again and making the same mistake of wanting cheap cheap cheap. Had he paid up and done it right the first time he’d be long dead before it needed to be done again. 

I don't know what the real deal is, but I have done many jobs for people and most times, the people that bitch about paying are the ones that have the money and just don't want to pay.  Then after you talk to others who done stuff for the same people, they tell you all about how they were treated the same.  Had to beg to get paid or how they just didn't pay at all.

Edited by racer254
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I don't know what the real deal is, but I have done many jobs for people and most times, the people that bitch about paying are the ones that have the money and just don't want to pay.  Then after you talk to others who done stuff for the same people, they tell you all about how they were treated the same.  Had to beg to get paid or how they just didn't pay at all.

If it was a small job send them an invoice with a letter stating that if not paid within 60 days ( or whatever) you will be writing off the debt. You will also be mailing them a 1099 , so they need to be sure to have their accountant file a amended tax return as the IRS considers forgiven debt as income. 

Most will realize that is creating an ass ache for them and just mail a check.

7 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

If I have to  X, I'll patch it up for this year, but I don't want to re-do both those roofs. I'll see what this guy says Tuesday. If he gives me a decent price, I'll have him do it. If not...PATCH TIME...:bc:

Jet get a post frame guy out . Have him drop some 2 inch r10 foam over the old shingels and poll barn steel it . Will last your and your kids life . You said you live in the stix so should be zero issues.  Fucking shingles suck ass

7 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Your fucking 74 years old. Do them right and never have to touch them again. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Doesnt have the money 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

You are talking about a trade that cannot be done everyday. Then you add in the risk and danger. There is nothing wrong with a dude making a grand a day for the days he can do the work. Not to mention he isn't going to be doing it at 60 yrs old as that kind of work destroys a body.

exactly , its all about in the long run.  this worker has to pay for healthcare and shit , many days he makes zero $$ just look at 08 , that sucked for this kind of work. 

On 9/24/2021 at 9:09 PM, ActionfigureJoe said:

It's not cheap. And being available through several mfg's it could be a huge money maker. Merck is the pharmaco that developed the drug for human use. That company has yet to get behind the drug for the use of Covid. So the financial angle makes no sense. 

Before the scandemic it was a over the counter drug without prescription and now if you walk in with a script the pharmacy will speak to you about why you want it even with the script, go figure.

I've had TWO roofers come up for estimates, in the last year. NEITHER one of them came up with their own ladders!!

Is that typical of roofers giving estimates??? 

They both asked me if I had a ladder!! I had to get one for them. 

Why did they not come up with their own ladders? 

What if I didn't have a ladder, or I was not able to lift a ladder?

What fucking assholes!! 

They should have come up fully equipped, like a powerful tradesman, not a faggot asking a 74 year old customer for a ladder!!

Fukkin faggots, no wonder that's why they are roof grubs. 

The owner did have a nice looking Dodge Ram truck though, so he must be doing something right. 

I'll tell ya' one person that won't be making his fukkin payments on that Ram. 

I look at getting an estimate, as an INTERVIEW PROCESS. These fukkin dummies don't realize that I'm analyzing them for efficiency, job knowledge, attitude, demeanor, and honesty. Fukkin punks.  

13 hours ago, Sleepr2 said:

Don’t confuse the blowhard with facts and reality. 

How about you stand up to me, instead of posting like a 13 year old girl?

Will you go to PM, and start the process, or are you afraid of me?? 

Let's see if you go as good as your mouth.    

13 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Well lets take a look

Advertising

You think he knows what its like to run a business?  Get 3 estimates from reputable companies and it should give you a pretty good range of what an appropriate price is.  

13 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

He says "you're a brokeassniggah"

22 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

How about you stand up to me, instead of posting like a 13 year old girl?

Will you go to PM, and start the process, or are you afraid of me?? 

Let's see if you go as good as your mouth.    

Start the process?  Now its a process?  :lol:  

10 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You think he knows what its like to run a business?  Get 3 estimates from reputable companies and it should give you a pretty good range of what an appropriate price is.  

He says "you're a brokeassniggah"

Start the process?  Now its a process?  :lol:  

Mark, STFU. You know I'm a heavy-weight, and you can't stand up to me, FINANCIALLY. So, STFU, OK? 

Go to the dock and play with your boat, which is costing you a fortune to own/operate.   :fishing: