Check your account email address ×

TO Boat Show - anyone going?!?

odot1

38 minutes ago, Garth said:

Think I know who you're talking about; they are neighbors? Cool boats but a bit extreme for those waters. Once below lock 45 they'd be in their element.

Tuff builds a nice ride. $$$ but well built, perfect for blasting Muskoka lakes.

I have a hydrostream too.

You're right about getting below the lock and being in their element. They can likely get to the lock a lot quicker than most. There was also Cope Smiths' red custom Fountain, Rum and Cope. There are quite a few high performance offshore boats in the Honey Harbour area. One person I know ran his father from Honey Harbour to Tobermory and back for lunch in his triple engine Fountain. He wouldn't tell me how much he spent on fuel.

This is where the two centre consoles are, just west of Union Jack Island. These are the guys that come and go in the 4 door helicopter. I remember seeing them take the helicopter go to dinner at Rawley Resort and land on the front lawn. 

Capture.JPG

Cope Smith sold his Fountain but it was on Little Lake for quite a while.

There is another guy across the lake that isnt afraid to spend some money either.  Big new Formula boat and new helicopter sitting on the front lawn.  Always a new Porsche in the driveway. 

25 minutes ago, Garth said:

Yeah that's who I was thinking 02.

If one owns a chopper can you just land that sucker wherever you want?  Sounds like a sledder. .

I don't know that you can land it wherever you want. I know Barry Honeyman who used to own Rawley was a friend of his which I guess is why he was able to land it at the Resort to go to dinner.

There is another one as well. He owns The Inn at Christies Mill. Only a young guy. He built a concrete pad for the helicopter and a small dock on Vencal island just offshore from the Inn. He lands and the staff come out to pick him up.

I was fishing near his dock and watching him land one time and gave him a ride to the Inn's dock. Nice guy but obviously lots of money. I think he said he's originally from Dubai.

Lots of people in the area who don't have any money problems for sure.

Edited by 02sled

On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎19 at 5:38 PM, 02sled said:

You're right about getting below the lock and being in their element. They can likely get to the lock a lot quicker than most. There was also Cope Smiths' red custom Fountain, Rum and Cope. There are quite a few high performance offshore boats in the Honey Harbour area. One person I know ran his father from Honey Harbour to Tobermory and back for lunch in his triple engine Fountain. He wouldn't tell me how much he spent on fuel.

This is where the two centre consoles are, just west of Union Jack Island. These are the guys that come and go in the 4 door helicopter. I remember seeing them take the helicopter go to dinner at Rawley Resort and land on the front lawn. 

Capture.JPG

Cope Smith sold his Fountain but it was on Little Lake for quite a while.

a buddy of mines friend ran from midland to beckwith island and back a few years back.  Ran him around $2500 in fuel if memory serves me correct

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

a buddy of mines friend ran from midland to beckwith island and back a few years back.  Ran him around $2500 in fuel if memory serves me correct

Maybe he had a fuel leak or something. Midland to Beckwith I believe is only in the range of 15 to 20 nautical miles one way so let's say 40 miles round trip.

Capture.JPG

Edited by 02sled

16 hours ago, gtserider said:

1000 litres/hr.What the hell kinda boat?

15 hours ago, 02sled said:

Maybe he had a fuel leak or something. Midland to Beckwith I believe is only in the range of 15 to 20 nautical miles one way so let's say 40 miles round trip.

Capture.JPG

It was one of these two.  Can't remember which one he had at the time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RI0EKkWkx4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lt_gpKkjHk

Edited by 04nightfire

Yeah... that's the style of boat that he ran from Honey Harbour to Tobermory for lunch except it wasn't a pickle fork. Either way you slice it. I can't afford the fuel to run one of those things.

We just got back from the boat show. I liked the 50 ft Sea Ray for $1.7M but my wife told me no I couldn't have it. I went with my brother, niece and nephew. Most of our day was spent looking at 14' and 16' aluminum boats with motors ranging from 25 to 40 HP.

My nephew is the proud new owner of a new Princecraft 14 ft boat, 30 HP motor and trailer. It's his first boat and he's excited. I told him to save his money and just use his dads boat but he laughed and said "as if he'd let me do that".

Part of me wants spring to come early for him.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 02sled said:

It was actually nice to see a snowmobile at the boat show even if it was a Yamaha.

But I would love to be stinkin rich and have something like this

I guess they wouldn't let me try it out for the summer to see if I like it or not

27 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I guess they wouldn't let me try it out for the summer to see if I like it or not

You never know.... I saw the line ups of all the people waiting to see the big cruisers at the show, and this was just after opening Friday and wondered about the guy who is seriously interested in buying one. Does he stand in line with the rest of the sheep who wouldn't be able to afford to fill the fuel tank or how does he get the attention he deserves from the sellers.

In a follow up video they talk about it costing in the 10's of $M's being made of carbon fibre and I believe the destination is the Mediterranean.

There's this more basic 135' Vancouver based yacht at a mere $41M

Edited by 02sled

Just got home from show.  Saw some nice boats...crowds weren't bad at all...was expecting a zoo being a Saturday.  Great chat with Kim Slocum, president of Rinker.  Great guy..looked at their 370 EX not a bad boat for the money.  Was treated like shit by the Regal salesman...  made fun of the OPP guys...  Gave the finger to the mounties..  all in all..good time!!!

Maybe you shouldn't have worn your uniform..... poor Regal rep likely thought he was gonna get Tazed.....

52 minutes ago, odot1 said:

Just got home from show.  Saw some nice boats...crowds weren't bad at all...was expecting a zoo being a Saturday.  Great chat with Kim Slocum, president of Rinker.  Great guy..looked at their 370 EX not a bad boat for the money.  Was treated like shit by the Regal salesman...  made fun of the OPP guys...  Gave the finger to the mounties..  all in all..good time!!!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Maybe you shouldn't have worn your uniform..... poor Regal rep likely thought he was gonna get Tazed.....

LOL!!!  It was actually my wife that got the brunt of his disrespect...  very very French girl.  Did not go over well...