Check your account email address ×

TO Boat Show - anyone going?!?

odot1

Not an Islander; Islander is a bowrider.  This hull is the 272 Performance.  502 Mag in this boat will get you 2-3 MPH more..... Outlaw would be similar (weight, hull, 24 degree deadrise).  I like the look of the Outlaws, but with no windshield and no integrated swim platform, can't do it.   Once a girl breaks her toe or ankle on the Outlaw's tubular swim platform.......  your next boat will have an ISP.  :)

Big difference between blue and black power (and the blues will need more expensive parts, 91 octane, and overhauls MUCH more often).  Just something to consider.

I would say blue power (HPs) will cost you double what a black engine will, over a few hundred hours or so. 

3 hours ago, Fozzy said:

It's a nice boat but I am looking for a Outlaw not the Islander. As well if I can't find a 600 I want it to be at least a 502.

Baja 1.jpeg

Baja 2.jpeg

Edited by Puzzleboy

Yeah, some people don't know how to sell stuff..... and in the middle of winter, all the more reason to have a good ad. 

I made the outdrive stand for removal.  Bravos weigh close to 200 lbs (Alphas about half that).  Then you can just use the trailer tongue jack for accurate positioning when reinstalling.  Works great. 

The Hydroturf on the swim platform took me a couple days.  Stuff is kinda hard to cut neatly, and it had to fit into the embossed areas in the fibreglass, and I wanted all the ribs aligned.  Pain in the ass..... Lol  Good product when finished though...... good traction, easy to clean, soft on the feet, and keeps it's colour. 

:)

5 hours ago, odot1 said:

Nice looking boat... low hrs as well.  You're right...his ad sucks.  Does not do her justice at all!!  I like your attention to detail, the cradle for the drive is an impressive touch.