Check your account email address ×

My Local Paper

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, mnstang said:

The flu kills plenty of people.  What "common sense" are you talking about?

A few families also lose people to car accidents and everything else too.

I said "if you're healthy".  And if you have a co morbidity then you are at risk for anything and everything.

Common sense…you know that thing you clearly lack. Fuck for that matter seems you lack any type of sense. 

27 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Common sense…you know that thing you clearly lack. Fuck for that matter seems you lack any type of sense. 

Some of these guys won't get it until it hits closer to home. Imagine how some would feel if they lost one of their kids to this silly cold. 

I'm OK with letting people make their own decision. Mandating for or against this seems like overstepping to me. 

Unless you work someplace like a nursing home. Then, bringing Covid in can kill lots of people, that is irresponsible. I am OK with a mandate for jobs like that. 

Also - if you don't want it, you may have some consequences. We don't know for sure, but I am thinking Cam Newton may be an example of that thinking. 

19 minutes ago, ckf said:

Some of these guys won't get it until it hits closer to home. Imagine how some would feel if they lost one of their kids to this silly cold. 

And its us guys who have to deal with it.

Ergo... fuck off and let us worry about us.

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

And its us guys who have to deal with it.

Ergo... fuck off and let us worry about us.

What's with the attitude? Can't have a conversation without resorting to tell someone to fucking off? Are you 12?

17 minutes ago, Catalina said:

I'm OK with letting people make their own decision. Mandating for or against this seems like overstepping to me. 

Unless you work someplace like a nursing home. Then, bringing Covid in can kill lots of people, that is irresponsible. I am OK with a mandate for jobs like that. 

Also - if you don't want it, you may have some consequences. We don't know for sure, but I am thinking Cam Newton may be an example of that thinking. 

I'm not for mandating masks either except in hospitals and such. But that doesn't mean that I'm not careful and have consideration for others.

Just now, ckf said:

What's with the attitude? Can't have a conversation without resorting to tell someone to fucking off? Are you 12?

I'm 56... I can make choices without someone who knows nothing of my or our situation.

Till it hits home. So fucking what if it does.

If it makes you feel better, if my wife dies ill let you shot all over me. Till then.

Consideration is staying in if your sick. I'll be fucked if I change my life for the comfort of others. That shit stopped a long time ago.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

I'm 56... I can make choices without someone who knows nothing of my or our situation.

Till it hits home. So fucking what if it does.

If it makes you feel better, if my wife dies ill let you shot all over me. Till then.

Consideration is staying in if your sick. I'll be fucked if I change my life for the comfort of others. That shit stopped a long time ago.

I say hardly anything here about this crap. I make a few mild comments, not directed at you, or a thread that you had participated in, and you tell me to fuck off. Totally uncalled for, but to be expected I guess... Did you at least puff out your chest when you typed it?  :lol:

34 minutes ago, ckf said:

I say hardly anything here about this crap. I make a few mild comments, not directed at you, or a thread that you had participated in, and you tell me to fuck off. Totally uncalled for, but to be expected I guess... Did you at least puff out your chest when you typed it?  :lol:

Hey!!!!  You knew what you were signing up for.   :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Snake said:

if it makes you feel better, if my wife dies ill let you shot all over me. Till then.

Why would anyone want to do that???? Do you think guys are waiting for a gotcha moment like that??? Dear god lighten up Francis.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I think anyone would be pretty upset if someone lost a kid to anything.  What the fuck is your point?  Because someone on this forum got it and died is it supposed to change something?  Yeah, people die from it, or with it.. no shit, I've heard.  What is the point?  Is this another vax push?  Or be scared push?  I don't get it.  I'm not getting the vax or am scared.  If you want the vax and want to be scared, awesome, good for you?  That's common sense nowadays?  Lol. Some vaccination that doesn't even work and no long term studies and known side effects, just common sense!

• Like 1

Just now, mnstang said:

I think anyone would be pretty upset if someone lost a kid to anything.  What the fuck is your point?  Because someone on this forum got it and died is it supposed to change something?  Yeah, people die from it, or with it.. no shit, I've heard.  What is the point?  Is this another vax push?  Or be scared push?  I don't get it.  I'm not getting the vax or am scared.  If you want the vax and want to be scared, awesome, good for you?  That's common sense nowadays?  Lol. Some vaccination that doesn't even work and no long term studies and known side effects, just common sense!

Take a deep breath,,it'll be ok :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Comedy gold coming from a imbecile like you! :lol:

stupid people.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

And how many kids have died from covid? I'll wait. The fact this vaccine is being pushed on kids, let alone anyone healthy for that matter, is over the top gov't reach, imo. Read this. Right from the govt's own wedsite. Only this is never talked about nor mentioned up here on the news. Why is that, and why are these vaccines being pushed on the masses so hard to likes of what has never been seen before??? That doesn't make you want to question anything?

Healthy young adults, adolescents and children who contracted the virus have been the least likely to develop severe complications from COVID-19, including death. In fact, 100% of the COVID-involved deaths of Canadians under the age of 45 as of July 31 had at least one other disease or condition certified on the medical certificate of death. The proportion of those with at least one other disease or condition decreases with age, ranging from 93% for those aged 45 to 64 to 89% for those aged 85 years or older.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/45-28-0001/2020001/article/00087-eng.htm

8 minutes ago, mnstang said:

You are right about that.  Tell that to everyone panicking because someone isn't afraid of covid

Cooviddd.png

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, irv said:

And how many kids have died from covid? I'll wait. The fact this vaccine is being pushed on kids, let alone anyone healthy for that matter, is over the top gov't reach, imo. Read this. Right from the govt's own wedsite. Only this is never talked about nor mentioned up here on the news. Why is that, and why are these vaccines being pushed on the masses so hard to likes of what has never been seen before??? That doesn't make you want to question anything?

Healthy young adults, adolescents and children who contracted the virus have been the least likely to develop severe complications from COVID-19, including death. In fact, 100% of the COVID-involved deaths of Canadians under the age of 45 as of July 31 had at least one other disease or condition certified on the medical certificate of death. The proportion of those with at least one other disease or condition decreases with age, ranging from 93% for those aged 45 to 64 to 89% for those aged 85 years or older.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/45-28-0001/2020001/article/00087-eng.htm

Cooviddd.png

Just look at this thread.  Guy posts picture of a canoe company looking for unvaccinated help.  I honestly thought it was a props thread at first.

Then I see some fear mongering and mentioned it's no worse than a cold for healthy people.  Then they spin and deflect and bring up unhealthy people.  Then they spin and deflect and bring up some guy on freedom sledder.  Then they spin and deflect and bring up children.  Then they double down and say you'd be upset if your own child dies of covid.

Lol do these puppets even know they're puppets?  They certainly have the MSM playbook dialed.  

Libtards galore.  This is the only place I get my daily covid fear mongering from..  what a trip I can't believe how much gear some people choose to live in, you think they would have been weeded out of the gene pool long ago

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Just look at this thread.  Guy posts picture of a canoe company looking for unvaccinated help.  I honestly thought it was a props thread at first.

Yes I did,,because in the economic environment they did this in is laughable,,,,nobody is looking for work here and his virtue signaling won't help his issue. He/theyare the laughing stock of our little town right now. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear. Zero fear mongering,,,thought it was funny,tried to lighten the mood but alas some's panties are wedged far too high for that

48 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Then I see some fear mongering and mentioned it's no worse than a cold for healthy people.  Then they spin and deflect and bring up unhealthy people.  Then they spin and deflect and bring up some guy on freedom sledder.  Then they spin and deflect and bring up children.  Then they double down and say you'd be upset if your own child dies of covid.

Lol do these puppets even know they're puppets?  They certainly have the MSM playbook dialed.  

Libtards galore.  This is the only place I get my daily covid fear mongering from..  what a trip I can't believe how much gear some people choose to live in, you think they would have been weeded out of the gene pool long ago

I love getting labeled by someone that doesn't have a clue. Of course resorting to name calling appears to be fairly common around here now. Congrats :thumbsup:

FTR...I have voted for a democrat zero times in my life. I grudgingly voted for Trump the last time around because I thought he was our best option. So, instead of calling you names I will end this post with...Cheers :bc:

But here’s the thing: I don’t think my deliberative process is unique or even rare. Vaccine hesitancy isn’t ultimately a political thing, or an intelligence thing, or a race thing, whatever demographic differences may be emerging along those lines. In essence, the wait-and-see approach is a perfectly reasonable response to more than a year of gaslighting, misinformation, and despotism from official sources.

Lots of us raised our eyebrows at first, then thought about it, then were coming around. But if you’re anything like me, you have now been hounded into vaccine remorse by the same worthless midwits who made you skeptical in the first place. If they would just leave us alone, we’d probably drift in the direction of making the right decisions for ourselves and our families. But they won’t leave us alone, because their entire reason for being is to make absolutely everything spectacularly worse by handling it as arrogantly and as stupidly as possible. So here we are.

https://americanmind.org/salvo/vaccine-regret/

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Snake said:

But here’s the thing: I don’t think my deliberative process is unique or even rare. Vaccine hesitancy isn’t ultimately a political thing, or an intelligence thing, or a race thing, whatever demographic differences may be emerging along those lines. In essence, the wait-and-see approach is a perfectly reasonable response to more than a year of gaslighting, misinformation, and despotism from official sources.

Lots of us raised our eyebrows at first, then thought about it, then were coming around. But if you’re anything like me, you have now been hounded into vaccine remorse by the same worthless midwits who made you skeptical in the first place. If they would just leave us alone, we’d probably drift in the direction of making the right decisions for ourselves and our families. But they won’t leave us alone, because their entire reason for being is to make absolutely everything spectacularly worse by handling it as arrogantly and as stupidly as possible. So here we are.

I decided to get the vaccine about a month ago. I waited that long because I simply did not and do not trust the people in charge. That’s what it comes down to. 

9 hours ago, Snake said:

I have no issues with anyone not wanting to get the vaccine. I have also said if I was younger, and wasn't taking a drug that weakened my immune system I probably would not have gotten it right away as we don't know what the long term effects of the vaccine will be.

:bigfinger:

Now we're even. :lol:

:bc:

20 minutes ago, ckf said:

I have no issues with anyone not wanting to get the vaccine. I have also said if I was younger, and wasn't taking a drug that weakened my immune system I probably would not have gotten it right away as we don't know what the long term effects of the vaccine will be.

:bigfinger:

Now we're even. :lol:

:bc:

16 hours ago, ckf said:

Which is it?

12 minutes ago, Snake said:

Which is it?

Both. I think some here think Covid is a joke. That doesn't mean that I don't think it's an individual choice to get the vaccine or not.

As for the OP, as a business owner he is foolish to publicly post something like that given the current climate. Personally I would not publicly be pro or anti vax if I was still running a service business like that.  It's not like I spent about 25 years in the same business, lol