Check your account email address ×

My Local Paper

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Let me guess.... you aren't the only one in town on FSCE? :lol:

I think I’m the only one :dunno: . This guy’s a weirdo really tall, skinny, big nose. I think he’s the same species as Ben :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

How much work is there for a canoe place in the winter? 

Never mind, I thought it was a place that did tours. :lol:

Oh wow, you're on the ball tonight. 

:crazy:

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Never seen a job posting upset people this bad before  :news: 

Yeah,  its almost like we are perfectly fine with discrimination, as long as long as we are discriminating against the right group of people. 

Smart guy. :news: 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ckf said:

You guys are ridiculous. We currently have a fundraiser going for a member that died from COVID-19 and you still act like it's nothing more than a cold. Heartless....

It’s not the Covid,  it is the response that is laughable and ridiculous.  We don’t discriminate against people and limit their rights because we think we have good reason.  I have no idea if the business owner intentions were tongue and cheek, but it certainly does highlight the stupidity for those who can only see one side of issue.  

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
41 minutes ago, ckf said:

You guys are ridiculous. We currently have a fundraiser going for a member that died from COVID-19 and you still act like it's nothing more than a cold. Heartless....

Well said.

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

It’s not the Covid,  it is the response that is laughable and ridiculous.  We don’t discriminate against people and limit their rights because we think we have good reason.  I have no idea if the business owner intentions were tongue and cheek, but it certainly does highlight the stupidity for those who can only see one side of issue.  

Any business has the right to do as they please. But that ad is stupid when people are loosing their lives.

13 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Nailed.

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

Any business has the right to do as they please. But that ad is stupid when people are loosing their lives.

It’s your right to think it is stupid.  I personally think it’s kinda dumb too but, it’s funny because it really shows the hypocrisy of this all.  

People are always going to be “losing their lives”.  That doesn’t give any of us the right to take away rights and freedoms on the  whims of fear.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nailed.

It’s your right to think it is stupid.  I personally think it’s kinda dumb too but, it’s funny because it really shows the hypocrisy of this all.  

People are always going to be “losing their lives”.  That doesn’t give any of us the right to take away rights and freedoms on the  whims of fear.

In the current times we both agree that it's dumb. Like I said any business does have a right to do as they choose. If they want to look foolish, so be it :bc:

3 hours ago, ckf said:

If you're healthy that's exactly what it is.

20 minutes ago, mnstang said:

If you're healthy that's exactly what it is.

I have a feeling there are a few families that lost healthy loved ones that would disagree.  As I've said from the beginning, viruses mutate and we have no idea how weak, or deadly the next variant might be. A little common sense goes a long way......

28 minutes ago, ckf said:

I have a feeling there are a few families that lost healthy loved ones that would disagree.  As I've said from the beginning, viruses mutate and we have no idea how weak, or deadly the next variant might be. A little common sense goes a long way......

The flu kills plenty of people.  What "common sense" are you talking about?

A few families also lose people to car accidents and everything else too.

38 minutes ago, HSR said:

Colds don't normally kill slightly unhealthy people either.

I said "if you're healthy".  And if you have a co morbidity then you are at risk for anything and everything.