Check your account email address ×

Another mother of one of the recent 13 killed in Afghanistan, speaks out

CFM

And a father of another speaks out:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/08/31/biden-blasted-by-gold-star-dads-darin-hoover-mark-schmitz-for-checking-watch-during-ceremony/amp/

Gold Star families blast Biden for checking watch during ceremony for fallen

Edited by CFM

It's sickening.  People still just look the other way though, thinking there's nothing wrong with the politics behind various social media sites.  It would make it a helluva lot more effective if people would just quit using Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter - but that'll never happen.  Shame on Zuckerberg and company for their cowardice. 

• Like 8

They and as @mnstang pointed out 2446 other unfortunate families and loved one's have my sympathy... BUT this is the shit warriors sign up for.   It sucks, but when you put on the uniform you're also putting a gigantic target on your back no matter where you are in the world.

There has been slightly more us military deaths in 20 years in Afghanistan than there was in the one year long Spanish American war... just to put things into perspective.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_casualties_of_war

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

They and as @mnstang pointed out 2446 other unfortunate families and loved one's have my sympathy... BUT this is the shit warriors sign up for.   It sucks, but when you put on the uniform you're also putting a gigantic target on your back no matter where you are in the world.

There has been slightly more us military deaths in 20 years in Afghanistan than there was in the one year long Spanish American war... just to put things into perspective.

They didn't sign up to have people standing in raw sewage- handing babies over to them, in an area surrounded by the enemy. 

7 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

About 10 per month, for 20 years straight.  But now we're getting out and everyone cares about the last 13.  Because their chosen media told them to.

• Thanks 1

Biden deserved all the hatred she shot at him, then some.

He's NO FUKKIN GOOD, never has been, never will be. 

I hope they get him out, but did you see his presser? 

Did you see how tough he talked????

I told you guys, he's a fukkin punk, and a fighter. 

He knows politics! 

He'll let this die down, hopefully on his part. 

I don't think it will, but he will not resign. 

No one relinquishes POWER!! 

Look at the un-godly damage he's wreaked upon us, in only 8 months!!!!  

8 hours ago, mnstang said:

About 10 per month, for 20 years straight.  But now we're getting out and everyone cares about the last 13.  Because their chosen media told them to.

That's such a bullshit statement ... as Joe would say, "C'mon man!"   The last 13 are as respected as all of those who came before them ... I don't know how other people view it.  The media is the same old shit show and won't blame Biden because he couldn't work with his own military leaders to come up with a very simple exit plan:

- Start with the civilians and get them out & tell them after XYZ date, they'll be on their own (for those who were there for 100% greed)
- Pull back the military equipment and bring it home if it still serves value.  If not - DESTROY it 
- Bring back our troops
- Destroy any and all bases that would leave US/Military information

It was THAT simple, and Joe couldn't figure it out.  THAT IS THE PROBLEM

• Like 6

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Bontz said:

That's such a bullshit statement ... as Joe would say, "C'mon man!"   The last 13 are as respected as all of those who came before them ... I don't know how other people view it.  The media is the same old shit show and won't blame Biden because he couldn't work with his own military leaders to come up with a very simple exit plan:

- Start with the civilians and get them out & tell them after XYZ date, they'll be on their own (for those who were there for 100% greed)
- Pull back the military equipment and bring it home if it still serves value.  If not - DESTROY it 
- Bring back our troops

They have been telling civilians to GTFO out for months and if it’s so easy in your mind why did it take 20 fucking years? 🤷🏻

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

They have been telling civilians to GTFO out for months and if it’s so easy in your mind why did it take 20 fucking years? 🤷🏻

I'm not arguing it took too long to finally pull the trigger and get out of there - it should have happened a lot sooner (and people can blame GWB, Obummer, or even Trump).  That's a whole different debate.  Do you disagree though - those 4 points could not have been the basis for the final withdrawal and what happened could have been avoided?

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

I'm not arguing it took too long to finally pull the trigger and get out of there - it should have happened a lot sooner (and people can blame GWB, Obummer, or even Trump).  That's a whole different debate.  Do you disagree though - those 4 points could not have been the basis for the final withdrawal and what happened could have been avoided?

It's mindboggling some think this withdrawal is somehow the same/similar to what happened previously over there. This is on Joe's hands 100%. He clearly fucked up and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fucking moron.  

• Like 1

Just now, ford_428cj said:

NY times article - many Afghan men left wives & children behind to get on our evac planes. 
Fuckin cowards...

yup,  we should not have allowed military age men out who had not directly helped us (ie interpreters)  the rest can stand up and fight for their country or die as a coward.  

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, CFM said:

You guys are thinking they have same belief / moral system as us. Women rights ? Minority rights ? Religious rights ?

And therein lies the crux of our entire foreign policy problems over these last 70 years…trying to impose our way of life on countries that don’t want us there in the first place. FFS we negotiated a plan which gave control of Afghanistan to the Taliban and now we’re outraged because of the way they are treating women…SMH.

The sad part is that our government will repeat the same mistakes again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Bontz said:

- Bring back our troops

What?

First of all, I do not take the death of one person lightly.  I can't imagine what any one of these 2400+ families have felt.  I am not trying to discount these 13 people, quite the contrary.  I get pissed when I do see the lives of these people lost, and their deaths being used as a POLITICAL TOOL by people that are just trying to politically dunk and don't actually give a fuck.  Which is what you and everyone is doing and it's disgraceful.

Where were you for the 2400 troops that DIED before this?  Where were you talking about it and yelling about a president about it?  Show me.

As for the rest of your armchair QB stuff.  I can guarantee you that Biden is not running the operations and logistics for this stuff.  It's not his job and I wouldn't want him to anyway.  He gives the broad command that we are leaving shit hole country and I would think his generals and whoever else would know far better the exact details of how this should be done the best.  Troops have been dying there, 10 per month for 20 years.. I highly respect these 13 and I'm not saying that should be overlooked, but I am asking why do you give a fuck NOW?  Have you armchair qb'd the other 2400 like you have here?  Maybe I missed those posts.  Those 2400 not as important?  And why not?  Perhaps you could let their mother's know.