Jump to content

Recommended Posts

First I would like to make clear I'm not hear to bash, cut down, or make fun of any manufacturers. I know you all will have something to say, good, bad, or just because. Not here for that. Had a 2008 F-150 I bought new. I never drive my trucks, thanks to my work supplied truck. Babied my f-150, kept her clean and was surprised after 13 years she never developed the ford rust, living in Ohio thats  the norm around here. Developed a problem in my motor that I was being told by lot of people that it could get pretty costly to fix it. So 2 of my well trusted mechanic buddies told me, trade it and trade it fast, but don't go to fast, work those stealerships. Did some shopping and well bought a RAM. 2 other buddies have been RAM guys for about 5 years now, they love them. Not sure if its all over or just local, but trucks are going like hotcakes (I think those go fast). Went to local Ford yesterday, 5 Trucks....Chevy 7 trucks, Dodge, 10 Trucks.....Crazy. The local Ford dealer usually has 2-300 in there lot.

20210801_175436.jpg

20210801_175454.jpg

20210801_175503.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice! Rams have come a long way they are really nice trucks. Hardly anything new here either for brand new stuff maybe handful at each dealer I’ve poked around at recently. Toyota had zero brand new trucks on the lot crazy. Plenty of overpriced used on the lots though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, wrinkly balls said:

Huge mistake buying that ram junk. It will be in the shop more often then you change underwear. Good luck with that ugly pile of shit!!!!

Ramstad?  Did you switch brands?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wrinkly balls said:

Huge mistake buying that ram junk. It will be in the shop more often then you change underwear. Good luck with that ugly pile of shit!!!!

My 19 has 77k trouble free miles...finally got rid of that chevy shake (google it)

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, toslow said:

Looks sharpe. Us in Canada find it spotty to buy trucks. Most are being shipped to the states 

You can’t find trucks in the states very easily either. I have had one on order for 3 months now 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

You can’t find trucks in the states very easily either. I have had one on order for 3 months now 

Yup ... that was me last fall.  I put in an order for a new F150 back in mid September and was told it would be here by early November.  Come early November it was, "Hopefully by next week" each week into December.  Once it got to mid-December I told the dealer I was looking at something else (we had agreed they were OK with me backing out of the truck I ordered), and I pulled the trigger on a GMC the last week of December.  Ironically, my buddy's girlfriend who's mom works at the Ford dealer, bought "my" truck when if finally came in late January.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bontz said:

Yup ... that was me last fall.  I put in an order for a new F150 back in mid September and was told it would be here by early November.  Come early November it was, "Hopefully by next week" each week into December.  Once it got to mid-December I told the dealer I was looking at something else (we had agreed they were OK with me backing out of the truck I ordered), and I pulled the trigger on a GMC the last week of December.  Ironically, my buddy's girlfriend who's mom works at the Ford dealer, bought "my" truck when if finally came in late January.

Yeah we didn’t even talk price, what year it will be, or how much my trade is worth. Just ordered what I wanted. They said I could walk away from it if I found something else as it something they always keep on the lot durning normal times 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2021 at 7:44 PM, SHADOSPRIT said:

First I would like to make clear I'm not hear to bash, cut down, or make fun of any manufacturers. I know you all will have something to say, good, bad, or just because. Not here for that. Had a 2008 F-150 I bought new. I never drive my trucks, thanks to my work supplied truck. Babied my f-150, kept her clean and was surprised after 13 years she never developed the ford rust, living in Ohio thats  the norm around here. Developed a problem in my motor that I was being told by lot of people that it could get pretty costly to fix it. So 2 of my well trusted mechanic buddies told me, trade it and trade it fast, but don't go to fast, work those stealerships. Did some shopping and well bought a RAM. 2 other buddies have been RAM guys for about 5 years now, they love them. Not sure if its all over or just local, but trucks are going like hotcakes (I think those go fast). Went to local Ford yesterday, 5 Trucks....Chevy 7 trucks, Dodge, 10 Trucks.....Crazy. The local Ford dealer usually has 2-300 in there lot.

 

 

 

Nice truck!

I purchased a 13 Ram after my 09 Sierra couldn't stay out of the shop. New 5.3 at 7,000 km's, and the list goes on. A couple friends at work mentioned Ram and I said no effing way, I want to get rid of problems, not add more. Long story short, after they did some convincing, I took one for a test ride and I was sold. 89,000 km's later and it still puts smile on my face. It will be years, if ever again, that I will own another GM truck. 

IMG_0470 (Large).JPG

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2021 at 4:52 AM, SkisNH said:

My 19 has 77k trouble free miles...finally got rid of that chevy shake (google it)

The tic should show up soon lol. 

Do the new 19 up motors get the tic ? 

I dont know any one with the old hemi  who has not had to deal with that at least 1 time .  Think it is like 900 or 1200  bucks 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2021 at 6:47 PM, toslow said:

Looks sharpe. Us in Canada find it spotty to buy trucks. Most are being shipped to the states 

I noticed a lot of Canada trucks on the lots when I was shopping in 20 . Funny thing was the used rams from Canada did not qualify for the long warranty like the used US rams did.  

I also noticed a lot of low milage rams with shot drivers seats . Not sure it they were all union boss trucks or what 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What kind of towing mpg you guys get with your rams ? Mine is total shit 7.9 

My ford's pulling same load are 9.6 to 11.

My bud has a few yr older ram and he gets 10 pulling same loads same speeds . 

Guess the 19 is just not great for towing mpg by looking at fourms also . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

What kind of towing mpg you guys get with your rams ? Mine is total shit 7.9 

My ford's pulling same load are 9.6 to 11.

My bud has a few yr older ram and he gets 10 pulling same loads same speeds . 

Guess the 19 is just not great for towing mpg by looking at fourms also . 

It depends on speed...anything over 65 and I can see the gas Guage dropping. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

To the OP, nice wheels.
I won't brand bash, but no Dodge, Chrysler Jeep for many folks I know up here in the North Country, just too many issues, lower resale, quicker to rust, and still iffy on the reliability.

I have a 2020 Silverado LT Crew 2500HD with the new 6.6L and I love it.
 

 

Edited by amstech
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Trying to pay the bills, lol

×
×
  • Create New...