Check your account email address ×

Holy fucking shit

there are some dumb motherfuckers out there .....I got a guy on HCS arguing with me claiming that a 600 is easier to throw around on the trail because of less gyroscopic effect :lol:

never mind that the only additional mass in the 800 engine is in the piston and its a matter of just a few grams .. I would bet the 800HO rotating assembly overall is lighter than the 600HO assembly ..my god are there some morons out there

• Gold Member

Tell him that is the gyroscoptic advantage of flickability of the 600 is negated by the high center of gravity due to the excess weight of 800 motor raising the center of gravity on the sled making the 800 to easier to lay over

Just now, BOHICA said:

Tell him that is the gyroscoptic advantage of flickability of the 600 is negated by the high center of gravity due to the excess weight of 800 motor raising the center of gravity on the sled making the 800 to easier to lay over

he wasnt even talking about laying it over ......he was talking about "throwing it around on the trail" 

dude is gonna get me banned if he doesnt quit being such a fucking retard

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

he wasnt even talking about laying it over ......he was talking about "throwing it around on the trail" 

dude is gonna get me banned if he doesnt quit being such a fucking retard

Link?

17 minutes ago, f7ben said:

there are some dumb motherfuckers out there .....I got a guy on HCS arguing with me claiming that a 600 is easier to throw around on the trail because of less gyroscopic effect :lol:

never mind that the only additional mass in the 800 engine is in the piston and its a matter of just a few grams .. I would bet the 800HO rotating assembly overall is lighter than the 600HO assembly ..my god are there some morons out there

I know a guy who for years has only been interested in buying "600" chassis sleds with transplanted 800 motors in them because he's convinced the chassis on the 600s are lighter. 

I don't know where he ever came up with this shit but repeatedly explaining to him that the only difference is the motor hasn't done any good. 

Just now, xcr700 said:

Use your intelligence against whoever. .you won't get banned.  I noticed this site is full of intellectual people. ..use it to your advantage 

dude ....if someone cant understand that a negligible difference in rotating mass is nothing that can be felt in a trail situation on a snowmobile then they arent likely to be smart enough to admit their mistake. You have to call them names and shame them.....its the way of the internets :lol:

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

I know a guy who for years has only been interested in buying "600" chassis sleds with transplanted 800 motors in them because he's convinced the chassis on the 600s are lighter. 

I don't know where he ever came up with this shit but repeatedly explaining to him that the only difference is the motor hasn't done any good. 

its got to be the same guy I am arguing with :lol:

Just now, Zambroski said:

Oh SHIT!  That guy 17XCR600 is a complete tool bag.  He's been ripped up and down.

Go get'em tiger......I may participate!  :lol:

I just called you out :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member

I wouldn't think the Pistons would really have and gyroscopic affect since the go up and down,..wouldn't the crank, and clutches have that effect

5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I wouldn't think the Pistons would really have and gyroscopic affect since the go up and down,..wouldn't the crank, and clutches have that effect

yah thats probably true .....it would be more of the journals/counterbalancers and rods than anything as the farther from the center of the axis that the mass is rotating the more the gyro effect would be present

Edited by f7ben

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

You may have slipped into 17XCR600's vortex. :lol: Clearly he was trying to argue the 600 vs. 800 "tossability" on the trail.  And that is valid from a power/torque POV.  But from an engine size "gyroscoptic effect" that a rider can feel?  No. That guy is a clown...but a funny one.