Check your account email address ×

Holy fucking shit

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You may have slipped into 17XCR600's vortex. :lol: Clearly he was trying to argue the 600 vs. 800 "tossability" on the trail.  And that is valid from a power/torque POV.  But from an engine size "gyroscoptic effect" that a rider can feel?  No. That guy is a clown...but a funny one.  

:wrong:

Lol,..I know, kids a tool,..I know I can feel the difference between my Nytro and poo, that for fucking sure!!

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

:wrong:

Lol,..I know, kids a tool,..I know I can feel the difference between my Nytro and poo, that for fucking sure!!

you sure can feel the gyro on the nytro ....it does not like to lay over even though the chassis wants to

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

you sure can feel the gyro on the nytro ....it does not like to lay over even though the chassis wants to

I saw over there,..you are running your clickers 1-2 off full soft on the track?? I'm still trying to figure the track shocks out,..I'm happy with the front now.. Finally!!

"I'd like to able to catch you but the 800's gyro effect is wanting to keep me going straight on the trails."

I'm gonna lay that one out there next time to my racer buddy who is smoking my ass right now on his 600.  He'll just look at me funny...then maybe stop talking to me.

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

I saw over there,..you are running your clickers 1-2 off full soft on the track?? I'm still trying to figure the track shocks out,..I'm happy with the front now.. Finally!!

I am running the spring preload where the book suggest and set ride in on the rear where it should be for my weight. The FTS is still set probably on 12 on the clicker but its been frozen over and I havent had a chance to thaw it out and click it down to the 4-5 range. I just kept lowering the rear clicker and it kept feeling better and better. I am at 2 now and it feels damn good. I think when I get the center shock clicked down I may go up another one or two on the rear. Its coming around , not being able to ride out of my garage and test and tune is really fucking with me. I drive 700 miles ...sleep and then jump on the sled in the morning and ride. Tough to get a bit of time alone with a heated shop to try stuff

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

"I'd like to able to catch you but the 800's gyro effect is wanting to keep me going straight on the trails."

I'm gonna lay that one out there next time to my racer buddy who is smoking my ass right now on his 600.  He'll just look at me funny...then maybe stop talking to me.

from now on when I put my sled in the pickers I am going to blame the 800gyro

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I am running the spring preload where the book suggest and set ride in on the rear where it should be for my weight. The FTS is still set probably on 12 on the clicker but its been frozen over and I havent had a chance to thaw it out and click it down to the 4-5 range. I just kept lowering the rear clicker and it kept feeling better and better. I am at 2 now and it feels damn good. I think when I get the center shock clicked down I may go up another one or two on the rear. Its coming around , not being able to ride out of my garage and test and tune is really fucking with me. I drive 700 miles ...sleep and then jump on the sled in the morning and ride. Tough to get a bit of time alone with a heated shop to try stuff

Gotcha, I think I'm at like 8 on the fts, and 6 on the rear,..Maybe I'll try a 5 or 6 on the fts and a 3-4 on the rear..That stinks about the travel to ride,..you in Texas or something?? 

Just now, Rigid1 said:

Gotcha, I think I'm at like 8 on the fts, and 6 on the rear,..Maybe I'll try a 5 or 6 on the fts and a 3-4 on the rear..That stinks about the travel to ride,..you in Texas or something?? 

Indiana .....I brought my sleds up to MN and left them there since there is no snow around here anywhere. I was up there for 5 days over Christmas and went back for 4 days over new years. I wont be riding again until I go to the UP the 19th of this month

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

I think you are headed in the right direction there ...its retarded that you have to run them so close to full soft to have any sort of compliant ride

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Indiana .....I brought my sleds up to MN and left them there since there is no snow around here anywhere. I was up there for 5 days over Christmas and went back for 4 days over new years. I wont be riding again until I go to the UP the 19th of this month

Fuck, how far is NY?? I don't think it's 700MI..we have some good snow,  today, 15MI north of Syracuse 

DSC_0474.JPG

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

there are some dumb motherfuckers out there .....I got a guy on HCS arguing with me claiming that a 600 is easier to throw around on the trail because of less gyroscopic effect :lol:

never mind that the only additional mass in the 800 engine is in the piston and its a matter of just a few grams .. I would bet the 800HO rotating assembly overall is lighter than the 600HO assembly ..my god are there some morons out there

It's always power to weight. I wish Cat would put the F7 engine in their new sleds

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Fuck, how far is NY?? I don't think it's 700MI..we have some good snow,  today, 15MI north of Syracuse 

DSC_0474.JPG

probably 450 miles from decent NY snow.....I would have brought the sleds back but I will probably leave them up north all year this year it seems. I'm going to do about 4 more long weekends and that will be it. Should still end up with 1500 miles or so this year which is fine

• Like 1

Just now, Mainecat said:

It's always power to weight. I wish Cat would put the F7 engine in their new sleds

why? the 800HO is a much better engine and is lighter than the 700

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

DSC_0474.JPG

gonna head that way mid-week if I can and try to get some miles on, lake shit is hitting everywhere but here WTF

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I think you are headed in the right direction there ...its retarded that you have to run them so close to full soft to have any sort of compliant ride

I think most manus give a lot of room on the stiff side.  If you don't ride rough trails, or are a less aggressive rider, or a light rider,  or do more "drag racing", a softer setting is gonna work fine.  I set mine so I will usually bottom out at least once or twice during a ride.  That's always been a good rule of thumb I've gone by.  

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

I didn't know it was lighter

The 800HO is just a knocked out 700 laydown motor with a lightweight crank etc. Its the same motor with a little more bark !!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think most manus give a lot of room on the stiff side.  If you don't ride rough trails, or are a less aggressive rider, or a light rider,  or do more "drag racing", a softer setting is gonna work fine.  I set mine so I will usually bottom out at least once or twice during a ride.  That's always been a good rule of thumb I've gone by.  

this ....if you never bottom your set too stiff

39 minutes ago, f7ben said:

from now on when I put my sled in the pickers I am going to blame the 800gyro

:lol::lmao: 

29 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I was going to be up there the 20th-23rd, but my kid has mid terms the 26th & 27th and she wont let me take him out of school the 20th and 23rd.   So I had to change my plans to leave either Friday the 27th late after work, or early the 28th and come home late the 31st.  Not sure where we're staying yet.    Where is your place at again?

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

:lol::lmao: 

I was going to be up there the 20th-23rd, but my kid has mid terms and the 27th and she wont let me take him out of school til the 27th, after school.   So I had to change my plans to leave either Friday the 27th late after work, or early the 28th and come home late the 31st.  Not sure where we're staying yet.    Where is your place at again?

Mass City , I'll only be there for 3-4 days

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Mass City ,

I'll only be there for 3-4 days

I've ridden over in that area.    

Also planning on being up there the either the 17th-20th or 18th-21st of Feb   And also sometime in March