Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, hwytohell said:

Bodine was  known to the francecar  bigwigs when he traveled down from N.Y. in his modified car to race .   His car  an set up shocked francecar and other  southern racers  at the time.  He  was very outspoken about driver / fan / car safety , tires and fires that had claimed many a driver , that alone rubbed the powers the wrong way. He cut his teeth on the eastern seaboard  tracks , plus his family run Chemung Speedway.  Plus he was the first Yankee with a shot a doing well , in a good old boy  sport.   Some say he was a real prick to deal with, Junior Johnson for one.

I've been listening to some Dale Jr. Podcasts and  learning about the feud between Dale Sr. and Bodine and I didn't know that the rental car scene/dinner in Days of Thunder with Cole and Rowdy was a true story that happened with Sr. , Bodine, Rick Hendrick, Richard Childress and Bill France Jr. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sael said:

Once again no Smokey Yunick

IMG_3503.JPG

Maybe in time when we are at the  sitting in our soup wrinkle farm or dead.  Yunick  called out the  francecar B.S.  . Put cars on the track that were just inside their rule book , then built quality engines and did early undercar aero work for others with a price . ( some say he took zero dollars )  Just to piss off big bill france.  Yunick's   dynos plus his original  fuel curve bench set - up is on display in the drag racing museum in FL. His designed , Edelbrock  cast single carb " Smokey Ram " intake  still amazes  engine tuners today .

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I really liked the IROC Series.

The Nascar guys had the advantage. Unser Jr and Steve Kinser did OK in IROC if my memory is correct.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I would take a Superbird over an ugly as Bugatti any day. Idgaf how fast they are, that Bugatti is one of the ugliest cars ever made.

Come on......

14 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Even gayer than the Fagatti. 

Nope.  The F1 is the yardstick by which all other cars are measured.  

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

bugatti la voiture noire:bc:

I wouldn't be picky of a Veyron or Chiron.