Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Helluva race....my picks didn't do shit but that's OK.  :thumb:

8th,25th, 29th

Sucked that it finished under caution.

2nd, 17th, 25th

Not bad for shit picks. If Stenhouse could have kept his shit together he would have been top 10 rather than 25th but as always he overdrove the car.

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Sucked that it finished under caution.

2nd, 17th, 25th

Not bad for shit picks. If Stenhouse could have kept his shit together he would have been top 10 rather than 25th but as always he overdrove the car.

Yep...He was running up front a lot....Bowyer never had a chance.

16 hours ago, ckf said:

I'm not sure I even want to look. I know Bowman did OK, Stenhouse, not so much....

You did alright.

I was 15th for the week, now 20th on the season.

#3-Austin Dillon's team was penalized following the GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway for violation of: Sections 20.4 Body; 20.4.11 Deck Lid; 20.20 Assembled Vehicles Overall Rules Note: Deck lid must be used as supplied from the manufacturer. Body Filler added to deck lid.
Crew chief (Danny Stockman Jr.) has been fined $25,000. Car chief (Gregory Ebert) has been suspended from the next Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Championship points event. Team has been assessed with the loss of 10 owner points and 10 driver points.

50 minutes ago, ckf said:

#3-Austin Dillon's team was penalized following the GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway for violation of: Sections 20.4 Body; 20.4.11 Deck Lid; 20.20 Assembled Vehicles Overall Rules Note: Deck lid must be used as supplied from the manufacturer. Body Filler added to deck lid.
Crew chief (Danny Stockman Jr.) has been fined $25,000. Car chief (Gregory Ebert) has been suspended from the next Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Championship points event. Team has been assessed with the loss of 10 owner points and 10 driver points.

That sounds anout like what they were saying they would get before the race....still not sure why they weren't forced to start in the back.

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That sounds anout like what they were saying they would get before the race....still not sure why they weren't forced to start in the back.

To me it's a harsher penalty to dock them points after the race, especially at a Super Speedway like Talladega.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

To me it's a harsher penalty to dock them points after the race, especially at a Super Speedway like Talladega.

It absolutely is...maybe they should have done both especially considering he was on the pole.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It absolutely is...maybe they should have done both especially considering he was on the pole.

Maybe the way the rule book is written it's one or the other :dunno:

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Maybe the way the rule book is written it's one or the other :dunno:

Probably but you know what I think of Austin Dillon. :lol::haha:

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Probably but you know what I think of Austin Dillon. :lol::haha:

I have a feeling there are many out there that feel the same, LOL. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I have a feeling there are many out there that feel the same, LOL. 

His little brother seems like a good kid though and after watching Richard Childress on on Dale Jrs. Podcast I like him even more. :thumb:

Single car qualifying returns at all oval tracks: NASCAR officials announced Wednesday that all three national series will return to single-car qualifying at all oval tracks. The rules change ends a run of five-plus years for the group qualifying format, which was introduced before the 2014 season. The group qualifying system will remain for the series’ three road-course events. Officials also dropped the use of multiple elimination-style rounds. The changes go into effect for this weekend’s NASCAR tripleheader at Dover International Speedway. At oval tracks larger than 1.25 miles (Darlington Raceway and larger), teams will determine the starting lineup with a single timed qualifying lap. At tracks 1.25 miles and shorter (World Wide Technology Raceway at Gateway and smaller), teams will start on the basis of the best of two timed single-car laps. The qualifying order draw will be determined by the previous race’s starting lineup

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1