Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Indycar does it in Detroit and it works well....we shall see. Going to be a hot mofo in Indy on the 4th of July. 

At least Daytona was at night on the 4th.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 1:18 PM, ckf said:

Nascar is loving the 200 win thing right now. I get it as they don't really have anything else going for them right now. A good old fashioned fist fight on the backstretch wouldn't hurt :whistle:

Or at least Snacks and Webba on the rhinelander tarmac as some sort of halftime show :bc:

• Haha 1

Different time with much different cars. I wonder if any of the current drivers could survive 500 miles at Dover in one of those cars? Maybe JJ because of all of his fitness training? Back then I think it was pure strength that got them through. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ckf said:

Different time with much different cars. I wonder if any of the current drivers could survive 500 miles at Dover in one of those cars? Maybe JJ because of all of his fitness training? Back then I think it was pure strength that got them through. 

It really is amazing the way those guys handled it back then. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It really is amazing the way those guys handled it back then. 

For the most part I think they were much bigger guys. Are there any big Cup drivers left after Mikey Waltrip retired?

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

For the most part I think they were much bigger guys. Are there any big Cup drivers left after Mikey Waltrip retired?

Not really...a lot of them are little like Indycar Drivers. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

The speeds they ran with those cars back in the 60s and 70s, and the tires they ran them on is what amazes me. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

The speeds they ran with those cars back in the 60s and 70s, and the tires they ran them on is what amazes me

Good point :bc:    

M. Waltrip and Jimmy Spencer were large framed drivers, today drivers are more like horse jockeys in size. In Cale's  early days of wheeling the cars were more / less stock bodied , very heavy , hard as a rock thumping till warm bias ply tires, no power steering , rear leaf sprung ,poor brakes, some cars still ran front and rear drum brakes with holes drilled into the drums face + backing plates for cooling . Others had very crude front disc brakes adapted from early Ford trucks , that would catch on fire on short tracks and road courses from fluid boiling + brake hose bursting failure . Very poor seats , poor driver safety in general , extreme cabin heat with the exhaust out the drivers side in front of the rear wheel. You had to have upper body muscle mass , and be damn  tough.  I doubt any of todays drivers would dare take a lap at superspeedway  speed in a early big block francecar ride , even with good tires of today installed.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Greg Biffle in The KBR 51 at Texas in June. :ylsuper:

Scratching and itch? that's a field filler ride.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

The 51 Truck....definitely not a field filler.

Oh. I didnt see that. I'm excused cause I've had 3 Crown and Coke that I poured myself.  lol

Interesting.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1111659411104301058  :read:  D.W. to retire from the booth ??

He has given a lot to the sport and when he first started in the booth I thought he was great but Father Time is undefeated...maybe time for a change.

• Like 1