Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Funny ive never felt that riding a bike...did i ride defensive...sure...but it was only because i know from my own experience...ive not seen bikes sometimes while driving a car or truck.

Well you’re not a ginger with a busted spring. :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well you’re not a ginger with a busted spring. :lol:

Hey i had a fucked rear suspension on my rental sled a couple weeks ago....my tailbone is still sensitive. :wall:

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Hey i had a fucked rear suspension on my rental sled a couple weeks ago....my tailbone is still sensitive. :wall:

Tailbone maybe...inner workings of your mind I think not.

6 hours ago, DAVE said:

Heres another....

Saw the fall races of '95 & '96 there, 

They had spent a long time working on the car to get it back on the track (notice missing sheet metal when he was hit).

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Cup racing has been gone from there since 1996. Those 2 races went to New Hampshire and Texas.

Seeing those videos its hard to believe there were some races run 8 years ago. It will never reopen now. Cheaper to build a new track than do all the repairs I would imagine.

'04 was the last Cup race.

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

:lol: ouch

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

spot fucking on

Just so we are clear I was talking about AG and his everybody is out to kill him theory. :lol:

• Haha 1

Kyle Busch not a fan of NASCAR's marketing campaigns promoting young drivers

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Kyle Busch made his first NASCAR Cup start 14 years ago, just before turning 19 years old. He used to be one of the up-and-coming stars of the sport, battling names such as Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Mark Martin, Tony Stewart, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Carl Edwards and Matt Kenseth for wins and fans.

The Joe Gibbs Racing driver is now one of the veterans, and he sees marketing campaigns pushing new drivers now that many of those older guys he battled have retired.

And the feisty driver -- now 32 years old -- doesn't exactly love that idea.

Kyle Busch, 32, doesn't exactly love the idea of NASCAR promoting young drivers. Jonathan Ferrey/Getty Images

"All you're doing is advertising all these younger guys for fans to figure out and pick up on and choose as their favorite driver," Busch said during the NASCAR preseason media days at the Charlotte Convention Center. "I think it's stupid. I don't know, I'm not the marketing genius that's behind this deal.

"So I just do what I can do, and my part of it is what my part is."

NASCAR has a slew of Cup drivers younger than 25: Ryan Blaney (24), Darrell Wallace Jr. (24), Alex Bowman (24) Chase Elliott (22), Erik Jones (21) and William Byron (20). Blaney does a podcast for NASCAR, and NASCAR often uses the young drivers on its social media channels.

NASCAR has seen a number of veterans retire in the past three years, including Gordon, Stewart, Edwards and Earnhardt -- and likely Kenseth, who doesn't have a ride this year because of a lack of sponsorship.

"I don't care. They're good kids, and I understand," said 38-year-old driver Clint Bowyer, who replaced Stewart. "They're filling some pretty big voids. You got somebody getting into Jeff Gordon's car. You've got somebody getting into Dale Jr.'s car.

"We have to figure out how to fill that void somehow, and it can't all be on the same old guys that have been there."

The key, Bowyer said, is to promote proven young drivers.

"I get it if they deserve it. ... Look at Matt Kenseth: He was outrunning them pretty much each and every week and not getting the limelight. Some of those things are bothersome at times," said Bowyer, who finished 18th in the standings.

"Did I deserve it? I wasn't running as good as I needed to. But if I was running up front and should have been in the limelight, I would have been barking, biting back a little bit."

Busch conceded there could be a reason NASCAR wants to push the younger drivers.

"I guess one thing that can be said that the younger guys are bullied into doing more things than the older guys are because we say no a lot more because we've been there, done that, have families and things like that and want to spend as much time as we can at home," Busch said.

"Maybe that's some of it. But some of the marketing campaigns pushing these younger drivers is I wouldn't say all that fair."

Kevin Harvick, entering his 18th year as a Cup driver, laughed when asked about Busch's comments.

"That's like the child that's whining, somebody who's whining for some attention," Harvick said. "I can't complain about that because of the fact that our sponsors have been so involved with the things that we do. NASCAR has been very open to the things that they're doing and involving us in it.

"I can't back that up, to be honest with you. You have to have a push for the younger-generation guys as well in order to help introduce them to the fans. In the end, that only works if they have success on the racetrack."

Harvick absolutely nailed it ...Shrub is a whiny fucking cunt. Younger fans are needed to keep the sport alive and they like Chase Elliot and Ryan Blaney not to mention those two have a connection to the past that might keep older fans Interested.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

In francecar  today , most drivers will be done at age 45 - 47. Unless they are winning multi races per year.   You will never see again in cup a driver age 50  or over in a car that can win, start and park field filler only................. if that .

6 hours ago, hwytohell said:

In francecar  today , most drivers will be done at age 45 - 47. Unless they are winning multi races per year.   You will never see again in cup a driver age 50  or over in a car that can win, start and park field filler only................. if that .

And that's fine....it every other form of motorsports drivers/racers are done well before 45 and while it's cute to have Morgan Shepherd racing for Jesus and clogging up the track in his late 70's it really is pointless.  

23 hours ago, DAVE said:

I always liked dbw better....mind you i was quite a bit younger.... Sturgis always seemed like grizzled dirty people. :lol:

Havent been to either in 10+ yrs.

The grizzled dirty people may have more to do with acomidations . As many there are staying at campgrounds and not the limited hotels in the area.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hwytohell said:

In F1 35 is old. If you can still do it in your 50s it' not much of a sport.

Turn left!

21 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

for years I decided to not go back and start riding again because someone would be taken out,  might have a bit of deathwish in me because i finally did it this summer and I sort of enjoy the fact everyone's trying to kill me,  takes my mind off my other problems.  I would never ride my kids behind me because i don't want to be responsible for their death or injury

Is that how you ride your sled too?  :snack:

21 hours ago, DAVE said:

Funny ive never felt that riding a bike...did i ride defensive...sure...but it was only because i know from my own experience...ive not seen bikes sometimes while driving a car or truck.

I would assume up there and BumfukisStan the traffic is considerably lighter than down here. Every 16 year old girl has a Jeep Wrangler and every 17 old boy has a Subaru WRX. Most of the time they're looking at their phone rather than the windshield.

28 minutes ago, s pump said:

Is that how you ride your sled too?  :snack:

I would assume up there and BumfukisStan the traffic is considerably lighter than down here. Every 16 year old girl has a Jeep Wrangler and every 17 old boy has a Subaru WRX. Most of the time they're looking at their phone rather than the windshield.

Im refering to when i lived in the Niagara area in Ontario..highly populated.

Just now, DAVE said:

I moved to bumfukistan in 07. ;)

Yeah, things are probably got much busier down here on the East Coast since 07 too. I rode my kids Street Bob for a couple Summers and it is just too busy around here to have any fun. Get out in the woods of Massachusetts and Vermont it's okay but not around here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, s pump said:

Is that how you ride your sled too:snack:

:bf:  

24 hours of Daytona starts at 2PM ET this afternoon. I'm not a big sportscar racing fan myself, but might check it out at some point this weekend. Dinger appears to be the only Cup driver  in the field.

http://iwww.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/22227927/tradition-experience-drivers-formula-one-indycar-nascar-returning-race-rolex-24

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

24 hours of Daytona starts at 2PM ET this afternoon. I'm not a big sportscar racing fan myself, but might check it out at some point this weekend. Dinger appears to be the only Cup driver  in the field.

http://iwww.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/22227927/tradition-experience-drivers-formula-one-indycar-nascar-returning-race-rolex-24

I'm a big fan and frigging pumped, have some running around to do today, but I'll be watching it all night long. I have always thought of the race the start or the auto racing season.

• Like 2