Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

Trying to put a positive spin on it, LOL.

NASCAR Executive VP Steve O'Donnell on the fact there are only 40 cars entered, meaning no one will have to race into the field at the Daytona 500 qualifying races Thursday: "You can look at a car count and you can look at 30 out of 40 drivers who never have a chance to win or you can look at the quality of the field and say, 'Who's going to win the Daytona 500' and I think it's one of the best fields we've had. It's deep. In the future would we like to see more? We probably would. But I think when you look across all of sports now, the idea of sending someone home with a major sponsor just doesn't happen in sports today, and it's not just a reality for NASCAR, it's really all motorsports."

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/25/2018 at 9:18 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ryan Blaney responds to Kyle Busch's comments....this is why Blaney has such a big following.:thumbsup:

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2018/01/24/ryan-blaney-fires-back-kyle-busch-nascar-comments/

“And the reason why I get asked to do it a lot is because I say yes a lot, because I think it’s good for the sport and myself. I can tell you personally, (Busch) doesn’t like doing a lot of stuff, so they don’t ask him.

LOL

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Of the snowmobile racing Decker family?

Edit: Google says:

Decker is the cousin of sisters Paige and Claire Decker (daughters of Allen Decker).[1] Her father is Chuck Decker, the owner of the Eagle River Derby Track, which hosts the World Championship Snowmobile Derby.

The Decker family was prominent in snowmobile racing in the 1970s and 1980s;[4] four Decker brothers raced snowmobiles including Allen Decker, a factory rider for Bombardier (and onetime teammate to Jacques Villeneuve), and Chuck Decker, who won the 1987 World Championship Derby race at Eagle River.[14].[4] The Deckers also raced snowmobiles alongside the family of Danica Patrick.[4] Sue Decker, Natalie's aunt, introduced Danica Patrick's parents

xlarge.jpg?1496952648

C7k4hUEVUAExMCe.jpg

Edited by revrnd
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, ckf said:

Trying to put a positive spin on it, LOL.

NASCAR Executive VP Steve O'Donnell on the fact there are only 40 cars entered, meaning no one will have to race into the field at the Daytona 500 qualifying races Thursday: "You can look at a car count and you can look at 30 out of 40 drivers who never have a chance to win or you can look at the quality of the field and say, 'Who's going to win the Daytona 500' and I think it's one of the best fields we've had. It's deep. In the future would we like to see more? We probably would. But I think when you look across all of sports now, the idea of sending someone home with a major sponsor just doesn't happen in sports today, and it's not just a reality for NASCAR, it's really all motorsports."

francecar is in deep trouble, like golf , football . None of them know how to fix the product.

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

She had a decent finish after getting caught up in some wrecks.:thumbsup:

5th place finish in a normal superspeedway wreck fest . With more wheel time she will have a bright future.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, ckf said:

Bowman just put down a fast lap. It's good to see a fast driver in the 88 for a change :poke:  @DAVE

:lol:

Maybe this new guy can bring some respectability back to the number 88.  Use to be a winning number to run before Jr used it.

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Maybe this new guy can bring some respectability back to the number 88.  Use to be a winning number to run before Jr used it.

Dave >>:groin:<<Bohica

• Gold Member
23 minutes ago, ckf said:

Dave >>:groin:<<Bohica

You have had drivers like Bobby Allison, Dale Jarrett, and Darrel Waltrip dominate with the 88.....  And then end up with Dale Jr end up in it for god knows way to many seasons just to take the legacy of the 88 from a winning car to a mid pack runner trading paint with the Go Daddy Car.  :lol:

Edited by BOHICA
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

You have had drivers like Bobby Allison, Dale Jarrett, and Darrel Waltrip dominate with the 88.....  And then end up with Dale Jr end up in it for god knows way to many seasons just to take the legacy of the 88 from a winning car to a mid pack runner trading paint with the Go Daddy Car.  :lol:

Bobby Allison had 6 more wins then Dale did in the 88....what a fucking butthurt ford guy you are. :lmao:

• Gold Member
21 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Bobby Allison had 6 more wins then Dale did in the 88....what a fucking butthurt ford guy you are. :lmao:

bobby had 8 wins in 31 races with the 88 on the side of the car.....  Dale jr had 9 wins in 340 races with the 88 on the side car.

http://www.driveraverages.com/nascar/car.php?carno_id=88

• Sad 1

Britney Force just had a nasty crash right in front of us at Pomona. She is ok but being transported to hospital to be checked out. 

NHRA has the same problem as all the other sports mentioned. Lack of major sponsors for the teams. The fans turned out here in mass. I am surprised at all the young people. Everyone here seems to have money to spend. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

Bowman backs it up in round two. The 88 wins the pole :thumb:

Impressive run.

JGR takes 4 of the top 7 spots. The other 3 go to Hendrick.

Look at some of the speeds from 30th on back. Those guys are 5mph+ off the pace.

This Mark Thompson guy is 66 years old....lol...geesus..any one who showed up got in. The guy has been an ARCA regular though.

The Canadian, D J Kennington is in again this year.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I love all the weak bait being thrown out by the Junior haters. :lol:

I'm not a Jr hater, just a Dave hater :lol:

:bc:

• Sad 1