Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Damn that is a shame to see that cool old track just rotting away....SMH. Symbolic of NASCARs problems.

Heres another....

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Unfortunatly a lot of fans are dieing off and many younger folks are not into it. 

Not that different then whats happening with sleds and Harleys.

I dont know about that....from what ive seen...most graduate to a harley eventually....

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Most bike riders , But all bike sales are down and bike week attendance is also down. Although not sure that's an indicator. Seen one ya seen em all. 

10 or so yrs back took my wife to Sturgis. A few days before we were riding thru western wy and she asked when we would be there . Told her don't worry about it , this is what you came out here for. Few days later get into Sturgis, she had a warm $6 beer bought a shirt and said I'm good , lets hit it.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Most bike riders , But all bike sales are down and bike week attendance is also down. Although not sure that's an indicator. Seen one ya seen em all. 

10 or so yrs back took my wife to Sturgis. A few days before we were riding thru western wy and she asked when we would be there . Told her don't worry about it , this is what you came out here for. Few days later get into Sturgis, she had a warm $6 beer bought a shirt and said I'm good , lets hit it.

I always liked dbw better....mind you i was quite a bit younger.... Sturgis always seemed like grizzled dirty people. :lol:

Havent been to either in 10+ yrs.

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I always liked dbw better....mind you i was quite a bit younger.... Sturgis always seemed like grizzled dirty people. :lol:

Havent been to either in 10+ yrs.

I havnt even made Laconia in 5 yrs and I live an hr away.

18 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I havnt even made Laconia in 5 yrs and I live an hr away.

Laconia went downhill when they decided to try to make it a family event.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Laconia went downhill when they decided to try to make it a family event.

Yes it did. Never missed it as a kid, always a blast. Now its a bike traffic jam going to a tee shirt shop.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Yes it did. Never missed it as a kid, always a blast. Now its a bike traffic jam going to a tee shirt shop.

It used to be about burnouts and titties. Last time I went there were cops every 50' putting a stop to all the fun.

18 minutes ago, ckf said:

It used to be about burnouts and titties. Last time I went there were cops every 50' putting a stop to all the fun.

Fucking liberals. :lol:

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

I dont know about that....from what ive seen...most graduate to a harley eventually....

harleys market share is still crazy high but with fewer younger riders getting in it's an uphill climb for motorcycles like sleds.  Balance between pricing high so you make money and pricing to bring new riders in.  They are trying to sell those  XG500/750's to bring that entry level rider in but the jap bikes are a better value.  I see it does work some though as they started using them in their riders course,  plenty in the used line after the new rider gets one then 6-12 months later trades up for something else although I'll take the $200 hit on my SV650 over a couple grand on  a starter harley

I'm probably going to buy a harley in the spring assuming business is decent but no way can i bring myself to buy a new one,  fucking 30k toy, SMH

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That is disheartening as well...history just pushed aside and left to rot.

Cup racing has been gone from there since 1996. Those 2 races went to New Hampshire and Texas.

Seeing those videos its hard to believe there were some races run 8 years ago. It will never reopen now. Cheaper to build a new track than do all the repairs I would imagine.

12 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

harleys market share is still crazy high but with fewer younger riders getting in it's an uphill climb for motorcycles like sleds.  Balance between pricing high so you make money and pricing to bring new riders in.  They are trying to sell those  XG500/750's to bring that entry level rider in but the jap bikes are a better value.  I see it does work some though as they started using them in their riders course,  plenty in the used line after the new rider gets one then 6-12 months later trades up for something else although I'll take the $200 hit on my SV650 over a couple grand on  a starter harley

I'm probably going to buy a harley in the spring assuming business is decent but no way can i bring myself to buy a new one,  fucking 30k toy, SMH

I just listed my Harley yesterday. '09 Electraglide Deluxe. I bought it used for $15,200 4 years ago. I won't take less than $14500 for it.

New Harley baggers are priced out of range but there are plenty of low mileage used out there. Most buyers end up like me. You have dreams of shooting out on it every Sunday for a couple hours but after a few short rides and weather and family and work, it ends up collecting dust. Less than 2000 miles in the 4 years I owned mine. Love having a bike in the garage but I can't justify it any longer. Insurance is $1300/year.

30 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I just listed my Harley yesterday. '09 Electraglide Deluxe. I bought it used for $15,200 4 years ago. I won't take less than $14500 for it.

New Harley baggers are priced out of range but there are plenty of low mileage used out there. Most buyers end up like me. You have dreams of shooting out on it every Sunday for a couple hours but after a few short rides and weather and family and work, it ends up collecting dust. Less than 2000 miles in the 4 years I owned mine. Love having a bike in the garage but I can't justify it any longer. Insurance is $1300/year.

I rode mine always back and forth to work weather permitting...and always took it everywhere unless i needed to pick up something large....I sold it when I moved west....was a sad day....i will have one again sooner or later.

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

I rode mine always back and forth to work weather permitting...and always took it everywhere unless i needed to pick up something large....I sold it when I moved west....was a sad day....i will have one again sooner or later.

I think I'm done with bikes. My Katana will be on the block next.

I might look for something cheap to ride but the main reason I bought this was for the passenger touring seat for her. She said she would like to see me get a Spyder but they don't appeal to me at all.

I have a feeling I will be buying an '80's Mustang convert or a T-Top Camaro. It would see more use and I'd take it to Florida for the winter.

Just put my MXZ 800 on Kijiji too.....lol

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

I think I'm done with bikes. My Katana will be on the block next.

I might look for something cheap to ride but the main reason I bought this was for the passenger touring seat for her. She said she would like to see me get a Spyder but they don't appeal to me at all.

I have a feeling I will be buying an '80's Mustang convert or a T-Top Camaro. It would see more use and I'd take it to Florida for the winter.

Just put my MXZ 800 on Kijiji too.....lol

Tuff yr to sell a sled....lol. thx again for the offer. :bc:

5 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Tuff yr to sell a sled....lol. thx again for the offer. :bc:

Ya, if it doesn't sell for decent money then I'll store it until the fall. At this point, it won't be seeing the trail this season so thought I'd put it out there.

The Katana has a trans problem or I'd have it up for sale now too.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I bought the SV in August and put on about 2500 miles before winter.  I will ride it to work most days,  calming to take the ocean ride to or from work and it's all of 4 miles longer than the highway but i'm fortunate enough to be able to have a nice ride to work  and with my kids grown i can ride weekends.  Next door neighbors have harleys as well as some other friends so i have people to ride with as well. Wifes informed me she is never getting on it with me and honestly i am good with that.     

• Like 1

Mine used to like to ride every weekend. Then about 3-4 yrs ago you couldn't pick up a Monday paper without seeing some biker got taken out by someone crossing the centerline. After that she dosnt even want to go anymore.

16 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Mine used to like to ride every weekend. Then about 3-4 yrs ago you couldn't pick up a Monday paper without seeing some biker got taken out by someone crossing the centerline. After that she dosnt even want to go anymore.

My wife has never riden on any of my bikes....i like it that way.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

for years I decided to not go back and start riding again because someone would be taken out,  might have a bit of deathwish in me because i finally did it this summer and I sort of enjoy the fact everyone's trying to kill me,  takes my mind off my other problems.  I would never ride my kids behind me because i don't want to be responsible for their death or injury

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

for years I decided to not go back and start riding again because someone would be taken out,  might have a bit of deathwish in me because i finally did it this summer and I sort of enjoy the fact everyone's trying to kill me,  takes my mind off my other problems.  I would never ride my kids behind me because i don't want to be responsible for their death or injury

Funny ive never felt that riding a bike...did i ride defensive...sure...but it was only because i know from my own experience...ive not seen bikes sometimes while driving a car or truck.