Jump to content

Recommended Posts

As per request ... the thread is here.. 

 

Silly season: 

CBR closes its doors

Boss closes its doors

New team formed based out of Fargo - rumor mill is it will be a cat team.  Chaney from boss will be crew chief , and Brian Straswel will be managing the team (Brian managed the Factory Yamaha team in the 90's and worked with CBR for years) 

I have a ton of changes to share but do not want to tell where they are going until I know I can. 

Elias has a new home (not to polaris) 

Benham is leaving warnert

Yurk is leaving Zandstra

Scheele is looking for a ride 

Lincoln Lemouix is out , not sure if he will be back or not. 

Logan Christian to Scheuring

 

There's more and ill update the list as I remember them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yurk recieved a DQ over failure to stop for tech inspection , Just a brain fart unfortunately but my hands were tied in calling it and it gutted me because he had such a wicked ride and to end it that

Yeah, it really is. Sounds like he got real lucky it wasn't worse.  Wonder how long it will take to recover? Patenaude was pretty banged up and he was racing again last weekend already.  Not hurt

Poo,Doo, Sno Jet, Arctic Cat

Posted Images

10 hours ago, fortune46x said:

As per request ... the thread is here.. 

 

Silly season: 

CBR closes its doors

Boss closes its doors

New team formed based out of Fargo - rumor mill is it will be a cat team.  Chaney from boss will be crew chief , and Brian Straswel will be managing the team (Brian managed the Factory Yamaha team in the 90's and worked with CBR for years) 

I have a ton of changes to share but do not want to tell where they are going until I know I can. 

Elias has a new home (not to polaris) 

Benham is leaving warnert

Yurk is leaving Zandstra

Scheele is looking for a ride 

Lincoln Lemouix is out , not sure if he will be back or not. 

Logan Christian to Scheuring

 

There's more and ill update the list as I remember them. 

bout time...  giphy.gif

Boss did too?  Surprising, considering the talent of the entire team.  Is Elias on a Lynx?

Who's moving to Warnert to accompany Frank?  Was fun BS'ing with Cody at E.R.

   

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Anson should go race XC.  He is damn good at it.

What is the deal with Woodies?  Their big hauler is up for sale on and off.  That is one group I haven't figured out.

Don’t know for sure and with Textron doing who fucking knows what but, Paul mentioned he was looking to upgrade his big rig a year ago so, maybe he’s on and off with the sale?  Gotta be almost no market for that monster right now.  Eeesh.  And we think selling a sled is tough!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Don’t know for sure and with Textron doing who fucking knows what but, Paul mentioned he was looking to upgrade his big rig a year ago so, maybe he’s on and off with the sale?  Gotta be almost no market for that monster right now.  Eeesh.  And we think selling a sled is tough!!!

Selling toy shit is easy right now, maybe not by the end of the year.  We sold my brother's race hauler for a tidy profit this spring.  

I can say I'd never buy a trailer that has lived it's life in salt and sand, wrapped.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 122 said:

In the Logan article on the ISOC website they mention the season not starting until January, Duluth must be off the schedule this year.

Duluth may make an appearance , but it wont be the opening round like it traditionally has been. 

Most liked the condensed schedule , Its just hard when most of us have full time jobs and are gone for two weekends in a row (meaning you fly out thursday so you're taking off at least half a day, then friday). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't it be fun to have another brand in the races? Lynx (yes I'm a great Lynx fan)

As a Swede I'm curious as to where Oscar Norum is going, he had a good eason last year, and of course where will Elias Ishoel end up?

121227164_3288034234649042_5004651479654415675_n.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2021 at 2:34 PM, zr800m10 said:

Wouldn't it be fun to have another brand in the races? Lynx (yes I'm a great Lynx fan)

As a Swede I'm curious as to where Oscar Norum is going, he had a good eason last year, and of course where will Elias Ishoel end up?

121227164_3288034234649042_5004651479654415675_n.jpg

Norum is with Hentges again 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2021 at 7:31 AM, fortune46x said:

Duluth may make an appearance , but it wont be the opening round like it traditionally has been. 

Most liked the condensed schedule , Its just hard when most of us have full time jobs and are gone for two weekends in a row (meaning you fly out thursday so you're taking off at least half a day, then friday). 

The people that run the ski hill here are retards. I personally didn’t care for the race kicking off on T-giving weekend and certainly didn’t like it coming down the last week on weather to see if we were gonna be standing in muddy snirt or not.  Still, I hope it finds its way back to Duluth.  A lot of history kicking off the SX season in Duluth.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Norum is with Hentges again 

He had a great season last year and is a talented racer.  

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

The people that run the ski hill here are retards. I personally didn’t care for the race kicking off on T-giving weekend and certainly didn’t like it coming down the last week on weather to see if we were gonna be standing in muddy snirt or not.  Still, I hope it finds its way back to Duluth.  A lot of history kicking off the SX season in Duluth.

Lmao, and they had to stop racing do to too much snow ❄️

LOL, yes... it was a ludicrous amount of snow and for safety reasons it made sense.

Duluth being the season opener makes good sense, but maybe not on Thanksgiving weekend.  Same goes for Geneva at the end of March.  Fwiw, Eagle River was a great season closer, (was there the first weekend) and close to home to go watch and hang with @fortune46xthe ones that make me chuckle are the ones in bumblefuck SD and Iowa, or any places that don't normally get ridable snow.

 

Where's Elias going... That's the $64k question.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

He had a great season last year and is a talented racer.  

Lmao, and they had to stop racing do to too much snow ❄️

LOL, yes... it was a ludicrous amount of snow and for safety reasons it made sense.

Duluth being the season opener makes good sense, but maybe not on Thanksgiving weekend.  Same goes for Geneva at the end of March.  Fwiw, Eagle River was a great season closer, (was there the first weekend) and close to home to go watch and hang with @fortune46xthe ones that make me chuckle are the ones in bumblefuck SD and Iowa, or any places that don't normally get ridable snow.

 

Where's Elias going... That's the $64k question.

Yeah, that blizzard weekend was a freaking train wreck.  Couldn’t see past your hand and the wreckage on the way home for patrons and racers would have been just nuts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

There is one location on the schedule that is TBD , other than that no duluth listed. 

Geneva won't be the final again this year. 

I know Eagle River would like to have it again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

There is one location on the schedule that is TBD , other than that no duluth listed. 

Geneva won't be the final again this year. 

I herd it will be hurly Wisconsin. Those dancing girls like to race snowmobiles now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Doug said:

I know Eagle River would like to have it again.

The "derby staff" really screwed the pooch on that one...  It sucks because I really enjoyed the time there and Craig is a great guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

The "derby staff" really screwed the pooch on that one...  It sucks because I really enjoyed the time there and Craig is a great guy.

thanks

wait...?

:lol2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fortune46x said:

The "derby staff" really screwed the pooch on that one...  It sucks because I really enjoyed the time there and Craig is a great guy.

That's interesting.  I can see that if the Decker's still owned the track.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

thanks

wait...?

:lol2:

 

2 hours ago, Doug said:

That's interesting.  I can see that if the Decker's still owned the track.

without saying too much... 

Security while they have a tough job , all isoc staff wear the same badging on their coats, they don't sell the fxr coats like the isoc staff wear with those badges , and they were stopping everyone (including staff carrying things in to get setup) to ask for wrist bands even after passing through multiple times. 

Multiple pro team owners said the "derby staff" (wearing the bright yellow jackets) walked into pro trailers without reason, The one incident I was in there for was to yell at a pro team for having too many utv/atvs outside of their trailer in the driveway - it was the support classes in the morning that run that clogged up the mix not a pro team. 

I had a few walk into the tech trailer for no reason when we were handling a few tense situations and just stand there - no reason for it but there they were.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

 

without saying too much... 

Security while they have a tough job , all isoc staff wear the same badging on their coats, they don't sell the fxr coats like the isoc staff wear with those badges , and they were stopping everyone (including staff carrying things in to get setup) to ask for wrist bands even after passing through multiple times. 

Multiple pro team owners said the "derby staff" (wearing the bright yellow jackets) walked into pro trailers without reason, The one incident I was in there for was to yell at a pro team for having too many utv/atvs outside of their trailer in the driveway - it was the support classes in the morning that run that clogged up the mix not a pro team. 

I had a few walk into the tech trailer for no reason when we were handling a few tense situations and just stand there - no reason for it but there they were.  

I’d say it’s tough to fully control a volunteer staff but, it’s clear the kids that are on the payroll aren’t a whole lot better.  It’s easy to damn near get hosed last when the staff is watching the wreckage on the track instead of flagging the ol’ yeller.

We had a phenomenal and experienced crew in Duluth.  Too bad it’s over now.  I heard they are just gonna shut down the ski slopes and put up more affordable housing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

 

without saying too much... 

Security while they have a tough job , all isoc staff wear the same badging on their coats, they don't sell the fxr coats like the isoc staff wear with those badges , and they were stopping everyone (including staff carrying things in to get setup) to ask for wrist bands even after passing through multiple times. 

Multiple pro team owners said the "derby staff" (wearing the bright yellow jackets) walked into pro trailers without reason, The one incident I was in there for was to yell at a pro team for having too many utv/atvs outside of their trailer in the driveway - it was the support classes in the morning that run that clogged up the mix not a pro team. 

I had a few walk into the tech trailer for no reason when we were handling a few tense situations and just stand there - no reason for it but there they were.  

That's to bad.  I know the new owners of the track want to build up on the track and ground activities which is a nice change from the previous owners.

We deal with similar situations at Nascar events and its normally the local staff.  We have an all access Nascar license and still get stopped at gates and denied access.  We also find people in our fenced in area and have no idea how they got there.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Trying to pay the bills, lol




×
×
  • Create New...