Snocross 2022

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I’d say it’s tough to fully control a volunteer staff but, it’s clear the kids that are on the payroll aren’t a whole lot better.  It’s easy to damn near get hosed last when the staff is watching the wreckage on the track instead of flagging the ol’ yeller.

We had a phenomenal and experienced crew in Duluth.  Too bad it’s over now.  I heard they are just gonna shut down the ski slopes and put up more affordable housing.

For sure , The biggest issue is with the consolidated schedule getting a full time regular crew for snocross is hard , and when the guys that are supposed to be teaching them the ropes aren't much better it turns into a mess. 

39 minutes ago, Doug said:

That's to bad.  I know the new owners of the track want to build up on the track and ground activities which is a nice change from the previous owners.

We deal with similar situations at Nascar events and its normally the local staff.  We have an all access Nascar license and still get stopped at gates and denied access.  We also find people in our fenced in area and have no idea how they got there.  

I've run into it with the offroad stuff too. The security at crandon (ironically some of the same guys as at eagle river) tried busting my balls for a pit vehicle and I am a series official 

I love What Craig and his co owners are doing with the place , but some of the "old blood" is going to have to go to make it successful and regain its growth unfortunately. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2021 at 8:06 AM, Zambroski said:

I’d say it’s tough to fully control a volunteer staff but, it’s clear the kids that are on the payroll aren’t a whole lot better.  It’s easy to damn near get hosed last when the staff is watching the wreckage on the track instead of flagging the ol’ yeller.

We had a phenomenal and experienced crew in Duluth.  Too bad it’s over now.  I heard they are just gonna shut down the ski slopes and put up more affordable housing.

That sucks, I hope they don’t close the ski hill.  I loved skiing there.  Was in Duluth during the blizzard (on Park Point), what a mess!

5 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

That sucks, I hope they don’t close the ski hill.  I loved skiing there.  Was in Duluth during the blizzard (on Park Point), what a mess!

Spirit Mountain has been a fiscal mess for better than a decade.  Just poorly run and managed…suckling from the taxpayers to stay open while continuing to make poor decisions.

Shut it down and build houses.

On 7/26/2021 at 10:48 AM, fortune46x said:

Yurk will be a part of the All finish concrete team based out of fargo. But I aint one to gossip so you didnt hear it from me.  

Who did they sign as a crew chief?  A lot of eyes watching them build this machine right now.

19 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

Jayme Chaney. 

No official word on what brand they will be. 

Fuck.  From Boss?  Jesus!  Go big or go home I guess.

Rumor is Cat.  Prolly just in my head though.  :)

On 7/20/2021 at 8:06 AM, Zambroski said:

I miss working the Duluth races. It was always good for me to have at least one near death experience per day.....

@Zambroski Spirit Mountain was never profitable from its inception in the '70's. BUT, that race did bring a TON of $$ in to Duluth for that weekend. I miss working it and hope to have the opportunity to do it again. Even back when I worked it as a paramedic, I had a great time. There used to be some real gnarly crashes at that venue....  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

I miss working the Duluth races. It was always good for me to have at least one near death experience per day.....

@Zambroski Spirit Mountain was never profitable from its inception in the '70's. BUT, that race did bring a TON of $$ in to Duluth for that weekend. I miss working it and hope to have the opportunity to do it again. Even back when I worked it as a paramedic, I had a great time. There used to be some real gnarly crashes at that venue....  

oh, I miss the shit out of it…and all the little games the granola ski staff would play with us because we were on their turf.  Retards.  :lmao:

282FFA56-8EC4-415C-8627-F2F6FCD91F34.jpeg

D70DB661-31C8-471D-AC94-336886D8E5AC.jpeg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

I love that pic of my glove!!!!!!!!!   LOLOLOLOL

ISOC Rainbow.jpg

ISOC.jpg

Secretly, I was always hoping you’d get run over but, your big ass could move like cats feet when those sleds were bearing down on you!  It was actually quite impressive!  :lol:

4 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

It always seemed like they were trying to kill us....I can move if I have to..... Cat like reflexes.......

I have a few scars across the bridge of my nose from carbides.  Sadly, my closest near death was an out of control snow bike.  I’d be prouder to die of gay aids than by one of those god damn things!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Those Snow Bikes were stupid. Lets throw people who can't ride on on a junk snow bike, on a race course and see what happens.... It's no wonder someone didn't get killed....including us.....